❤️ What Did You Makan Today? ❤️

BabyBlade

Wife bought this fish soup from a cafe called Fish and Kopi at Chai Chee Biz Park. Nothing special but a higher price ($6/set).

qvamyKa.jpg

JeKkcyO.jpg

• Praise 19

(edited)
21 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

D3C47037-4B6C-4A7C-9BA0-54BD20C166D4.thumb.jpeg.4a12367ece25a42362798bba4541e2fb.jpeg

i queue for a good 45 min, then sold out! 😭

Poor management on their part then. I won't queue for such stores. A good hawker will know and stop the queue past a certain limit. 

They will stop cooking (or the assistant) will ask everyone in the queue and tally the plates. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 8

Hypersonic
47 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

D3C47037-4B6C-4A7C-9BA0-54BD20C166D4.thumb.jpeg.4a12367ece25a42362798bba4541e2fb.jpeg

They should inform the customer in the queue that they are selling out soon and not let customer continue queue.

• Praise 7

51 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

You no give them what SAF time Encik / SGT taught? All the $&#@%+,=&$2😅.

but lousy hawker, they should know and inform customer to stop queuing when going to sell out. 

• Praise 6

I am late to the party. Regarding trained by wife to eat fish with bone, I am one of them (and I always thought I am the only one... :D

Had some bad experiences in my younger days with fish bone piecing into my gum causing it to swell for a few days, and even swallowed small bones countless times. Although I like fish but I am lousy with eating the whole fish (I only can handle sardine and those crispy kun Ning from Nasi Lemak). 

Things changed after I got married, and wife said how can I don't know how to enjoy a whole fish. So was "forced" a few time (with careful guidance by wife... wah lau 好丢脸), and started to eat fish head and finally the stomach. But still fish eyes is a no go for me.

I guess my mum must be nagging behind my back: 老娘教你这么多年都学不会,老婆逼你几个月就会。。。🙂

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 9

Supersonic
1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Is this stall food nice?

Yup it's really very easy for someone to count esp for hokkien mee where u can only cook one wok at a time and the number of plates u serve is right around there. 

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Thought qbfoods can cut for you based on thickness? 

Yes they do; but a few of us prefer to have some of the slices thinner than what QB offers to cater to young kids - better have the center cook through. In addition, it is also cheaper to buy whole slab uncut.

• Praise 4

Internal Moderator
12 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Poor management on their part then. I won't queue for such stores. A good hawker will know and stop the queue past a certain limit. 

They will stop cooking (or the assistant) will ask everyone in the queue and tally the plates. 

Got lah. But I was the chosen last one. then upon reaching me, the assistant tell me me and the one in front of me will not get the share.

Somemore yesterday I jio my mother go eat with me. Walau. hahaha, my mother in the end eat char grill bar pork chop with me. hahahahahah

Internal Moderator
11 hours ago, 13177 said:

Is this stall food nice?

I dunno leh. I haven't tasted the hokkien mee. But it was shown in mothership, thus the queue.

The chef is quite fast in his cooking, just that the queue really sibei long.

I think all the stall beside him will get envy of him also.

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
11 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Yup it's really very easy for someone to count esp for hokkien mee where u can only cook one wok at a time and the number of plates u serve is right around there. 

Ya, just take the extra steps to count how many customers, or each customer planning to get how many servings, tally up and draw the line. 

Queue so long then told no more = bad customer experience

They should at least write you a (credit) note, entitle you to a free serving the next time you drop by. Easy thing like this also don't know how to do. Haiz .. 

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
11 hours ago, Tohto said:

They should inform the customer in the queue that they are selling out soon and not let customer continue queue.

11 hours ago, RH1667 said:

You no give them what SAF time Encik / SGT taught? All the $&#@%+,=&$2😅.

but lousy hawker, they should know and inform customer to stop queuing when going to sell out. 

Got inform, but they miscalculate the portion. I am the suay kia. hahahahaha.

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
8 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I dunno leh. I haven't tasted the hokkien mee. But it was shown in mothership, thus the queue.

The chef is quite fast in his cooking, just that the queue really sibei long.

I think all the stall beside him will get envy of him also.

This guy learnt the frying from YouTube but he know what customers want. Fresh ingredients and lots of pork lard. 

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
19 minutes ago, Ckll said:

Ya, just take the extra steps to count how many customers, or each customer planning to get how many servings, tally up and draw the line. 

Queue so long then told no more = bad customer experience

They should at least write you a (credit) note, entitle you to a free serving the next time you drop by. Easy thing like this also don't know how to do. Haiz .. 

No leh. The assistance still ask me to come earlier tomorrow to avoid disappointment. 💁‍♂

I where got time to queue everyday like that. hahaha. And I dun stay in Hougang Ave 4 also. hahahah

Hypersonic
3 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

No leh. The assistance still ask me to come earlier tomorrow to avoid disappointment. 💁‍♂

I where got time to queue everyday like that. hahaha. And I dun stay in Hougang Ave 4 also. hahahah

What time do you start queuing?

To estimate the time if I want to visit.

• Haha! 3

Supercharged
2 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Haiz .. that's why .. bad customer service.

There was once I ordered a slice of cake to go from an Italian restaurant. It was the last slice on the cake board in the display fridge, slightly after lunch time.

When I reached home and had it for tea-break about an hour later, found that it was sour. Thought to myself ... (&@)$(#() .. waste money *&@#$)#(

The slice not cheap. So I drove back and told the manager about it. He was apologetic and promptly took out a new cake from the kitchen and cut the first slice from it to replace. He also gave me a free slice of their special cake of the day. I declined at first (of course I act act one lah), but he insisted. 😅

So, angry customer became happy customer. Bad experience became positive experience.

Will I go back again ? Definitely!?

Will I buy last slice on the cake board .. probably not 😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 4