❤️ What Did You Makan Today? ❤️

BabyBlade

Hypersonic
14 hours ago, Lala81 said:

I had the one nearby. The Broadway Coffeeshop that time. The one with several branches. Not impressed. 

Pork and seafood don't really go together. 

Drive all the way there probably just eat Hong ji bkt. Won't drive just to drink seafood soup heh. 

the 2 stalls at Marsiling Lane selling seafood soup used to be same same, one at coffee shop, one at market.

coffee shop one standard plummeted in my last 2 visits.

so now I stick to the market stall. '

think this dish is a malaysian concoction. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Hypersonic
18 minutes ago, 13177 said:

This stall not sweet and i eat the most 3 times per month or lesser when i go lunch at meiling only. And i remember how many times i eat within a month, so would not exceed the quota i set for myself.

Like you said, these desserts at most HC too sweet which i usually dont eat also.

Many siew dai to me is still too sweet. 

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Tohto said:

Many siew dai to me is still too sweet. 

Still consider sweet thats why i do not exceed eating more than 3 times per month. Or sometimes i dont eat for 1 month de.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Queue at waker chicken tpy. Waited for 15mins and gave up as it barely moved. Estimated at least 1 hour if not more to get food. 

tried it before on weekday , it is good kfc but 1 hour plus wait??? 

D94ACBEB-7B27-4411-9669-FF7C70C6F3BB.jpeg

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 7
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Blueray said:

the 2 stalls at Marsiling Lane selling seafood soup used to be same same, one at coffee shop, one at market.

coffee shop one standard plummeted in my last 2 visits.

so now I stick to the market stall. '

think this dish is a malaysian concoction. 

This one in the coffee shop seems to be from the old Woodland Centre Hawker Centre, I recently tried, the standard were almost like old time, same style more 料 than soup, though last time I would ask for no prawn. Market one also tried before, quite good too but lunch time may have long q.

Got another two similar stalls in Marsiling Mall, but I guess you will stick to the ones in Marsiling Lane.

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

Vietnamese coffee sponge cake with Bailey's whipped cream and coffee whipped cream baked by daughters. 

20210509_204252_copy_3024x2268.jpg

20210509_204726_copy_3024x2268.jpg

• Praise 20

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, Ahwhye said:

This one in the coffee shop seems to be from the old Woodland Centre Hawker Centre, I recently tried, the standard were almost like old time, same style more 料 than soup, though last time I would ask for no prawn. Market one also tried before, quite good too but lunch time may have long q.

Got another two similar stalls in Marsiling Mall, but I guess you will stick to the ones in Marsiling Lane.

the soup was quite salty for the coffeshop one. too much sediment also from the use of minced pork. Won't have it again.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Blk 339 AMK Ave 1.

First try. OK lah...

ok lah. not shocking price. No harm trying.
$3.80 quite ok

Edited by Lala81

(edited)
2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

the soup was quite salty for the coffeshop one. too much sediment also from the use of minced pork. Won't have it again.

yeah, I think they use generous amount of salted fish in it....definitely saltier than the others stalls, the last trip there my wife even added some water to the soup 😅, but I find it still ok, not the worst I ever had, which was a double-boiled soup that I took one sip and gave up.

Edited by Ahwhye
  • Haha! 1