❤️ What Did You Makan Today? ❤️

BabyBlade

Supersonic

Double beef burger for lunch.  Burger bun was baked at home but fries are the supermarket frozen ones

IMG-20210511-WA0001.jpg

• Praise 17

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Ckll said:

Some fares over the weekend. 

Pulled pork burger and prawn aglio olio from Shaker Lakers at Yishun Park HC. The wagyu burger was from Smokin' Joe though. Found the latter's wagyu more juicy than Shaker Lakers'. It's cheaper too. Ha ha ..  Changed the fries from Smokin' Joe to mash as suggested by @Lala81

The mash was tasty. Shaker Lakers' fries more tasty. They peppered it with some fried seaweed (I think).

image.png.b952de4eb5bff93300824e3b99dfe82a.png

image.png.4f93bffcc5bc8234f02db82260603e2f.png

Afternoon tea at Camaca at King Albert Park. 95% of their stuff are sugar-free. So, eat with less guilt. I didn't ask which 5% are non sugar-free though 😅

Great ambience and the treats are quite nice. Very dainty. The end of the spoon and fork is smaller than my thumb! Lol .. 

Waffle with MSW gelato ..

Holland Village XO Fish Head Bee Hoon at Dover. 

Also ordered ngoh hiang and prawn paste chicken to feed my boys waiting at home. The ngoh hiang on the soft side. I believe it's probably due to higher fat-to-lean meat content. The prawn paste chicken was really good. Not too salty. Thumbs up from my kids for the chicken. They had the sam lou hor fun, which was quite tasty too (forgot to take pic)

Made lychee cake on Mother's Day. My wife took the trouble to make into a collage .. lol .. 

How's the pulled pork burger? 

Hard to compare pulled pork vs beef patty though. 

Hypersonic

Long while never drink caffeine (other than in coke). Teh si siew dai. Feel bit jittery even now. 

Mr prata at ssc. Today quite poor standard. 

20210511_135901_compress66.jpg

20210511_135903_compress0.jpg

20210511_085847_compress21.jpg

• Praise 16

Supercharged
1 minute ago, Lala81 said:

How's the pulled pork burger? 

Hard to compare pulled pork vs beef patty though. 

The texture is different from beef patty, as expected. But it was rather moist and juicy nonetheless. Rather substantial too and not ex, at $8.

• Praise 2

Supercharged
2 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Long while never drink caffeine (other than in coke). Teh si siew dai. Feel bit jittery even now. 

But the crust looked crispy .. no ? Inside doughy ?

Supersonic
20 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

20210511_135903_compress0.jpg

20210511_085847_compress21.jpg

Any reason why you long time never drink caffeine le?

Turbocharged
6 hours ago, Discoburg said:

Had it at bedok interchange hawker centre.

agree with you the Yu Kee at bedok Interchange hawker centre suck. Had it once a few years ago and quality is bad. Never ate from that shop anymore.

but overall, yu kee portions have shrunk over the years. There used to be an ok outlet near my old place so ate it quite regularly.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

agree with you the Yu Kee at bedok Interchange hawker centre suck. Had it once a few years ago and quality is bad. Never ate from that shop anymore.

but overall, yu kee portions have shrunk over the years. There used to be an ok outlet near my old place so ate it quite regularly.

Last I ate was also a few years back and hated it. Last night nothing to eat and it had no queue. Bad mistake.

• Haha! 4

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Soya sauce chicken noodle for lunch.

6AFD608C-55D8-4DBE-AE72-2948FC378599.jpeg

All chicken breast meat 😥

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic
9 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Last I ate was also a few years back and hated it. Last night nothing to eat and it had no queue. Bad mistake.

Actually not only Yu kee, many of those store that have many franchises I will avoid.

Normally the food is sub-standard. They just cannot keep the quality of the original store.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Ckll said:

I tried this Mr Prata once, not impressed with the prata, felt like frozen factory stuff, but its nasi goreng or mee goreng not bad though.

• Praise 4

Hypersonic
(edited)
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Default for me la. [laugh]

Thank you for ordering chicken breast meat. 

So there is chicken backside meat for me.😂

Edited by Tohto
  • Haha! 5

Hypersonic

@Carbon82 fried the 新竹米粉 bought from Fairprice.

The missing one from SS is better.  Prefer the texture of that brand.  

20210511_193706_copy_3024x2268.jpg

20210511_192418_copy_3024x2268.jpg

20210428_125846_copy_2268x3024.jpg

• Praise 16

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Tohto said:

Thank you for ordering chicken breast meat. 

So there is chicken backside meat for me.😂

You can have all the rest of the chicken meat, i am happy to eat the breast meat. 🤣

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
5 hours ago, Ckll said:

Yeah doughy for the egg and plain prata. Edges almost chao tar. The cheese prata was OK for my wife and kids. 

The curry also bit too sour. In this weather, should be careful about things that go 臭酸。though I think they just got the acidic element overdone. 

Ok lah. Super hot day not much appetite anyway. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2