❤️ What Did You Makan Today? ❤️

BabyBlade

Have been using my oven quite frequently. Nowadays oven-baked vege has become quite a staple food in my family as who will not like flavourful grilled vege?

Normally I will use carrots, corn, zuchini, capsicum, king oyster mushroom, etc. Just need to cut into chunks and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika powder, thyme, etc, can use whatever seasoning spice you have in your kitchen. Then apply olive oil onto a oven pan and spread around using a cut vege, then pour everything on to the tray. Problem with oven is that can only cook one layer of food at any one time, else risk being under cook. Set oven to about 200 degree celsius and cook for 45min to an hr depending on the particular oven. If you want something more fanciful, can also put portabella mushroom and cheese topping with it. Can also melt some butter and spread it on the corn 10min before finish cooking to enhance the flavour further.

Minimal effort to do.

2071246298_IMG-20200904-WA00171.thumb.jpg.d90428a31f6a2a6a8e92c7cff8482235.jpg

• Praise 19

I would think this should count as the most VFM dish I ever made that can feed a big family.

Basically I used ready-made teriyaki sauce available in my fridge which my helper uses to make toriyaki satay. The chicken I used frozen Tyson drumstick bought the day before from NTUC again, at less than $5. The huge drumstick needed to cut a few slits to help the cooking process as well as to absorb the marinade. Just needed to fry all the drumsticks, then add the teriyaki sauce, and viola. For my case, I cover the dish with aluminum foil and put it into oven for another 45min at 180 degree celsius to make sure it cook really thoroughly and tender. For other chicken parts, no need this step. Overall, very east to make, and quite delicious too.

As usual, I attached the link to the youtube video that inspired the cooking. Just read from the review section that the cook won the Aussie Masterchef season 2, not bad.

492828225_IMG-20200904-WA00211.thumb.jpg.19b1e2683bb6636c076424e5b570c563.jpg

• Praise 13

2 minutes ago, Tohto said:

The food is good.

Hippy kopi Thiam. 

It's a kind of fusion food to me. Gonna try out if not too far. 

Look like an old kopi Thiam in Tiong Bahru area. 

• Praise 2

Just now, Hamburger said:

Hippy kopi Thiam. 

This cafe is at a rare location.  Opp. Textile Centre along North Bridge Road.

• Praise 4

3 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

What's that on the left? Can't make it out.🤔

Camomile Honey cake.  This is small cake/cafe in Everton Park call Better Half.

3 table inside.  3 table outside.

• Praise 3

13 hours ago, Jamesc said:

image.png.336f56fc8333cbcd5e8cd57d2b7491fa.png

That's why I mentioned Peanuts bun, not the filling but the character. [:)]

8 hours ago, Discoburg said:

Makes me wanna have it right now.

Not the bad but above average. Best to eat it there than dabao.

5 hours ago, 13177 said:

This fried oyster is which stall? Think there are many stalls selling the same item in old airport fc. 😂

From Old Airport Road Hawker Centre, the stall is located directly next to Holy Grill, and diagonally opposite Hock Lam Beef. Unit number should be #01-28 iirc.

OK, found the stall name and photo online.

650396C4-CAD7-4DDD-8922-1D01B3EB1854.jpe

My lunch today, Johnson Duck set meal.

cIbf5Se.jpg

• Praise 20

19 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

2 door away, Taiwanese food also good.

Get to know this cafe because of the Taiwanese food. Visited the Taiwanese food multiple time and always see long queue here, first time visit this cafe.

By 12pm, the Taiwanese Eat 3 Bowl also very long queue. 

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 3

13 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Hippy kopi Thiam. 

If go on Sunday have to go early, if not like me brunch become lunch.

Due to safe distancing,  they have to keep at limited tables both indoor and outdoor. 

This cafe is directly opposite Hotel Boss, HDB ground floor shop house.

• Praise 4

1 minute ago, Tohto said:

If go on Sunday have to go early, if not like me brunch become lunch.

Due to safe distancing,  they have to keep at limited tables both indoor and outdoor. 

This cafe is directly opposite Hotel Boss, HDB ground floor shop house.

Thanks for the heads up bro. 

Teabreak - Tauhu Baker at LYP followed by usual teh😋😋😋😋

20200906_152643_resize_0.thumb.jpg.b66f0351f4efeb50e64d11e6d5368b3d.jpg

Neighbour sent over 2 pcs of MSW moon cakes. 😋😋😋. Unusually nice in that the MSW filling does not taste too 'chemically enhanced'. But frankly I prefer to take the actual fruit anytime.

Sorry, no pictures cos eat then remember. Mine is the black one with 'gold decor'.

It was bought from this place /link (no relation to the business or anything here). 

Screenshot_20200906-154600_Messenger_resize_20.thumb.jpg.f09938eb04050c4e2640bede4b6d23a6.jpg

Sunday is rushing off soon. Raining this side of the island. Have a good day of eat eat eat😋😋😋😂

Stay safe all 

Cheers 

• Praise 13