LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - 2020/21 Defending The Title

Picnic06-Biante15

1 hour ago, Fooblack said:

watched the highlights.. Pool's young boys did well.  The opposition GK probably suffered a heart attack after the 1st half blitz then he was really suspect for all the goals in the 2nd half.  

Taki is pushing for the no.9 slot not only with his 2 goals but his overall workrate and link up play as the false 9.  Both of Curtis Jones are excellent strikes outside the box and he will be one to watch in the coming years.  

Shariqi surprisingly looked pretty sharp despite starting the 1st game in this calendar year. He was playing the Thiago's role as the no. 6 and looked in good shape.  Opened the scoring from a spectacular freekick off the post. 

The worrying thing for me is that VVD and Fabinho both have to play 1 half each as the CB.  This shows the serious lack of cover for this position and we dun even have a youth CB at the moment.  I will still prefer a temporary cover like a loan deal if all else fails.     

Klopp is keeping them in peak form for Sunday (Monday morning) match against Arsenal.... :a-happy:

Both expected to play together against Arsenal.

Henderson still having problem and Thiago will be given the start. [smash]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Shaqiri always contribute in attack. However it was said that he is not very good at keeping the team's shape. I remember him scoring two goals and was immediately sub out at half time. 

• Praise 2

9 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

He is Minamino! Ang moh commentators probably stressed out as they need to keep mentioning Minamino... Minamino...

Imagine the number of shirts that he can sell in Japan. Think japanese don't buy knock offs. So Liverpool big huat

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 3

23 hours ago, Cauldron said:

Imagine the number of shirts that he can sell in Japan. Think japanese don't buy knock offs. So Liverpool big huat

Yes a new generation of young Japanese supporters will support Liverpool now.

:grin:

Klopp is one of the few managers that get Asian players.

He also sign Shinji Kagawa.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Liverpool knows they need a CB and wants to get Koulibaly but we don't have the money yet.

Napoli wants 70 million and we will offer 62 with 8 million in add ons.

But we need to sell Brewster for 22 million and Wilson for 18 and Grujic for 16 million and Larucci for 6 million.

If it all goes thru we will have Koulibaly and VVD as the best CB pairing in the world for the next 5 years.

• Praise 5

Larouci is a waste... Thot he can be promoted to first team. Wonder what happened to Adam Lewis. Can't remember the last time we  had a home grown left back or promoted from youth I.e. sign 1st pro contract with us (excluding Flanagan and Carragher): Gregory Vignal? Not sure if this guy qualifies. 

On 9/25/2020 at 12:57 PM, Raymondism said:

Shaqiri always contribute in attack. However it was said that he is not very good at keeping the team's shape. I remember him scoring two goals and was immediately sub out at half time. 

I like Shaqiri.  I find Shaqiri often contribute to certain important goals and he can be very versatile in terms of corners, crossing and freekick.

Will be interesting if we have Kieta, Thiago and Shaqiri together just to see how they play out.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Icedbs said:

I like Shaqiri.  I find Shaqiri often contribute to certain important goals and he can be very versatile in terms of corners, crossing and freekick.

Will be interesting if we have Kieta, Thiago and Shaqiri together just to see how they play out.

Will be exciting to see Shaqiri in 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-4

Imagine 4-2-3-1:

Salah 

Mane - Firminho - Shaqiri

Or 4 of them interchanging in 4-2-4

The game i mentioned was against Southampton with 4-2-4. Shaqiri did not score but he created both goals. The first goal was an own goal. Shaqiri firing a cross from the left and the ball hit two defenders before going in. The second was a free kick like the one against Lincoln except that the ball bounced off the cross bar for Salah to bundle over the line. 

Brewster wants to talk to Crystal Palace on a 20m deal, quite a good deal for an English player. There are enough Pool alumi to make him feel welcomed. 

Hodgson, Benteke, Sakho and Kelly.

He is at a peculiar stage where he needs to make a break-thru soon and in terms of pecking order, it is unlikely he will get a run of games to do so, especially with Mina ahead and Jota signing. A bit like Lamptey at Chelsea, with R James and Azpilicueta ahead. If he did not leave Chelsea, lamptey would at most be a cup player and soon forgotten, footballer shelf life are too short.

Brewster has to take a gamble and sign for a team where he will be first 2 on the striker rosters. Crystal Palace maybe the right platform for him.  Hope he lands a good team and can outperform Ings at Soto, in his new club.

*We are insisting a buy back clause. Stay tuned for a sequel 

• Praise 3

Yahoo News Arteta impressed with Liverpool's signing of 'very special' talent Thiago

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta has heaped praise on Liverpool signing Thiago Alcantara ahead of two matches between the teams in the space of four days.

The Gunners, who have won each of their three matches in all competitions this season, face the Premier League champions at Anfield on Monday, before a Carabao Cup tie at the same venue on Thursday.

Discussing Arsenal's wins over Liverpool in their last two meetings, Arteta added: "The games we played at the Emirates [in July] and the Community Shield were very different.

"I think it will be different again. We know the standards they have set in this league and how consistent they have been.

"They dominate almost every aspect of the game. We need to compete really well and hopefully the boys are ready to do that on Monday.

link : https://sg.yahoo.com/news/arteta-impressed-liverpools-signing-very-135800156.html

Yes, the two games we lost it beause 1) Pool already knew they won the leaque champion no matter what the outcome of the results. 2) Community Shield Cup is a jink as whoever win the cup nevers win the league since 1990's

Last one I think was ManU who won the Charity Cup & League Champion and thereafter Arsenal, Chelsea and ManCity took over winning the league champion.... :slow:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 2

If I am Brewster I will feel bitter. Two years ago, he wanted to move to Germany for more playing time but was convinced to stay by the promise that he is in the managers' plan. Last season, maybe the team was 100% focus on winning every game during the first half of season so he did not get a sniff of game time. Then he was loaned to Swansea where he scored 11 goals from 22 games.  He came back to fight for his place. Many managers would have looked at Klopp with envy. After all we have 3 world class forwards and a good young striker waiting to step up without the need to spend money. Then we bought 41M Jota and told Brewster he can search for more game time elsewhere. He shld have left in 2018. I think we loan him to swansea so that he can excel and increase his valuation. 

Edited by Raymondism
  • Praise 3

1 hour ago, Raymondism said:

If I am Brewster I will feel bitter. Two years ago, he wanted to move to Germany for more playing time but was convinced to stay by the promise that he is in the managers' plan. Last season, maybe the team was 100% focus on winning every game during the first half of season so he did not get a sniff of game time. Then he was loaned to Swansea where he scored 11 goals from 22 games.  He came back to fight for his place. Many managers would have looked at Klopp with envy. After all we have 3 world class forwards and a good young striker waiting to step up without the need to spend money. Then we bought 41M Jota and told Brewster he can search for more game time elsewhere. He shld have left in 2018. I think we loan him to swansea so that he can excel and increase his valuation. 

he is still a pure 9.... klopp's liverpool, do not play with that based on his signings

he is entitled to be bitter... even charity shield, keep him on bench till spot kicks. i think keep keeping him increases the 'home grown' numbers esp with brexit

actually i like wilson more than brewster 😜

• Praise 4

4 minutes ago, Vegas said:

he is still a pure 9.... klopp's liverpool, do not play with that based on his signings

he is entitled to be bitter... even charity shield, keep him on bench till spot kicks. i think keep keeping him increases the 'home grown' numbers esp with brexit

actually i like wilson more than brewster 😜

Ya. Too bad for Brewster. Someone must have convinced him that he will one day wear no. 9 and lead the line in a Liverpool jersey.  

Like what one bro also pointed out... can Grujic or Wilson be lousier than Jones?  Probably not at this moment. Maybe Jones has much better potential.

For Wilson, i think he should have realised it the day we signed Elliot. Wilson probably need to convert to no. 8 role if Klopp persists with his 4-3-3. Or he can try to play like Thiago or Fabinho or Henderson in No. 6 role. Even that, he has Shaqiri queuing in front of him for both positions. 

40 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

Ya. Too bad for Brewster. Someone must have convinced him that he will one day wear no. 9 and lead the line in a Liverpool jersey.  

Like what one bro also pointed out... can Grujic or Wilson be lousier than Jones?  Probably not at this moment. Maybe Jones has much better potential.

For Wilson, i think he should have realised it the day we signed Elliot. Wilson probably need to convert to no. 8 role if Klopp persists with his 4-3-3. Or he can try to play like Thiago or Fabinho or Henderson in No. 6 role. Even that, he has Shaqiri queuing in front of him for both positions. 

He don't have the killer instinct like Owen or Robbie Flower to put on the number 9 shirt .....  :wut:

Furthermore, Klopp doesn't like to play 9 but more of a 'false' 9. :we-all-gonna-die:

• Praise 1

I Thot Klopp says that Brewster knows how to score goals but he need to develop in other areas? 

6 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

He don't have the killer instinct like Owen or Robbie Flower to put on the number 9 shirt .....  :wut:

Furthermore, Klopp doesn't like to play 9 but more of a 'false' 9. :we-all-gonna-die:

2 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

I Thot Klopp says that Brewster knows how to score goals but he need to develop in other areas? 

He doesn't goes to the extreme wide left or right like Mane or Salah does. :dizzy:

When he played, can see him mostly to both corners of penalty box but not the bye lines like a winger. :wut:

↡ Advertisement