LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - 2020/21 Defending The Title

Maxus-MIFA9

8 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

I Thot Klopp says that Brewster knows how to score goals but he need to develop in other areas? 

Before Minamino came in, yes Klopp like him but when Minamino came into the team, the Jap is more versatiles. :a-good:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

19 hours ago, Raymondism said:

Will be exciting to see Shaqiri in 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-4

Imagine 4-2-3-1:

Salah 

Mane - Firminho - Shaqiri

Or 4 of them interchanging in 4-2-4

The game i mentioned was against Southampton with 4-2-4. Shaqiri did not score but he created both goals. The first goal was an own goal. Shaqiri firing a cross from the left and the ball hit two defenders before going in. The second was a free kick like the one against Lincoln except that the ball bounced off the cross bar for Salah to bundle over the line. 

To be fair to Shaq, think he should go to a team where he can be a regular starter, think he's in his late 20s?
Most of his career, he has been a sub or role player in very stacked teams like LFC and Bayern.

I would like to see him playing for a southampton or some mid table club.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 3

Brewster is a victim of Covid.

If no Covid we don't need to sell him.

For that matter if no Covid Timo Werner would be a Pool player.

We also never expected cannot sell Wilson and Grijic for 40 million.

:grin:

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

To be fair to Shaq, think he should go to a team where he can be a regular starter, think he's in his late 20s?
Most of his career, he has been a sub or role player in very stacked teams like LFC and Bayern.

Shaq falls into the category if very good, not great players... he would be very useful off the bench for biggest clubs, if he follow the rules set by the coach

he is not good enuf to start but playing him ensure performance of team still at decent level.

he is good enuf to get into teams fighting the european places definetely

• Praise 4

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

8 minutes ago, Vegas said:

Shaq falls into the category if very good, not great players... he would be very useful off the bench for biggest clubs, if he follow the rules set by the coach

he is not good enuf to start but playing him ensure performance of team still at decent level.

he is good enuf to get into teams fighting the european places definetely

Actually I think he is good enough for the first XI. Shaqiri doesn't look out of depth playing against Barcelona. I thought he would be good for rotation as forward or no. 8. He offers something different like Keita and Oxlade Chamberlain. Obviously Klopp doesn't think so and prefer stability plus Shaqiri seemed to be injury prone.

• Praise 2

10 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

Actually I think he is good enough for the first XI. Shaqiri doesn't look out of depth playing against Barcelona. I thought he would be good for rotation as forward or no. 8. He offers something different like Keita and Oxlade Chamberlain. Obviously Klopp doesn't think so and prefer stability plus Shaqiri seemed to be injury prone.

haha he was quite terrible first half against barcelona lah. he skied quite a few balls. but he turned up when it mattered in the 2nd half with the 2 deadballs situation.

But i agree he's definitely a threat. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

28 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

haha he was quite terrible first half against barcelona lah. he skied quite a few balls. but he turned up when it mattered in the 2nd half with the 2 deadballs situation.

But i agree he's definitely a threat. 

Oops I can't remember the details of the game anymore. You mean he skied the ball while shooting and crossing? Thats common right especially if trying to hit a ball hard. I only remember we had to call upon the reserves and they responded very well.

• Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

Oops I can't remember the details of the game anymore. You mean he skied the ball while shooting and crossing? Thats common right especially if trying to hit a ball hard. I only remember we had to call upon the reserves and they responded very well.

He was very rusty in the first half. Poor first touches, gave the ball away very easily, overhit the few crosses he attempted, though he was committed. 
Klopp must have been really down to barebones not to sub him at half time. 2nd half is history. [laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

53 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

he offers threat going forward... but i think he lazier than our front 3... he cant get into bayern team nor inter first team as well

if Salah or Mane work so hard to follow tactics, the best he can go is probably the bench.

last season was weird... he seems fit, but cant even get into first 18

• Praise 2

15 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

He was very rusty in the first half. Poor first touches, gave the ball away very easily, overhit the few crosses he attempted, though he was committed. 
Klopp must have been really down to barebones not to sub him at half time. 2nd half is history. [laugh]

Haha din know he was that awful. Think Wijnaldum already came in for the injured robertson and Origi started the game. Salah and Firminho must be injured. Must be no one left. 

15 minutes ago, Vegas said:

he offers threat going forward... but i think he lazier than our front 3... he cant get into bayern team nor inter first team as well

if Salah or Mane work so hard to follow tactics, the best he can go is probably the bench.

last season was weird... he seems fit, but cant even get into first 18

Think he is not as fit as the front three as well. Its normal that he is not among the first 3 names to play up front. Origi usually gets the nod to come in. Maybe there is not enough place on the bench for both of them. I just find it a pity not to use him more often and yet not allowing him to move in January. 

6 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

Suddenly I see reports that Thiago and Alisson might not play against Arsenal.. i hope this is smoke screen...

ali gets injured a lot for a gk!

lol

• Praise 1