LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - 2020/21 Defending The Title

Picnic06-Biante15

Agree with bro @Kopites

Don't think VAR will help VVD recover faster. The most is Pickford gets banned for 3 games and Everton might benefit from not having him. Looking at the things he did, it will be pretty soon before he does a Karius or Adrian. Think making noise is more to highlight the standard of refereeing. Yes, there is an offside flag and if VVD scores then it wouldn't count. But the referee can also treat the incident like an off-the-ball incident and punish Pickford for the ungentlemanly behaviour. 

As for VVD, hope it's not too serious. It's high time we learn how to defend without VVD. Nat Phillips has not gone out on loan, Fabinho is a good enough stopper. Say what you want about Matip and Gomez, these two are the best we have at this moment. We still have 4 CBs to rotate. We knew that we don't have space for another non-homegrown player, it would have been a good idea to involve Nat Phillips more during pre-season instead of putting him in the fridge. 

• Praise 3

Actually i tot referee is encourage to use pitch side monitor often when in doubt but not sure y he chose not to use it to review both incidents

Really puzzling 

• Praise 3

8 hours ago, cashcow said:

Everton vs Liverpool 2-2

Should be 2-3 in Pool's favour; like daylight robbery in front of live TV

Ups n downs of football - felt digusted like many fans here

The VAR referee David Coote  obviously is biased and not helped by Michael Oliver's poor refereeing

Liverpool ask Premier League to investigate VAR decisions during draw at Everton

Skyreport

It is ok......there are many more matches and Pool will rob another team in another game.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Mivec79 said:

Actually i tot referee is encourage to use pitch side monitor often when in doubt but not sure y he chose not to use it to review both incidents

Really puzzling 

He doesnt feel any doubt lor. He might not be right but he was probably pre-occupied with the offside decision. 

Not sure if there are changes with VAR around. 

IIRC, in the past, when referees said they saw the incident and felt that there's nothing wrong, the decision made during the game will stand. 

8 minutes ago, Icedbs said:

It is ok......there are many more matches and Pool will rob another team in another game.

Agree. Its part of the game. As for VVD, i am surprised he played so many games for us without getting injured. 

• Praise 1

Pool was a bit lucky with injuries last season. No major ones to the important players. This season starts out to be unlucky. Hendo, Alison, vvd, thiago. The rest of the team need to step up. 

With vvd out, I will put fabinho n matip as CBs. Hendo , gini n mino midfield. But knowing klopp, he will likely put milner instead of mino.

N according to form, I will even drop Bobby. He has been awful lately. Jota can be given a start.

• Praise 1

The martial red card and the events last night are really a travesty of football. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Shorty said:

Pool was a bit lucky with injuries last season. No major ones to the important players. This season starts out to be unlucky. Hendo, Alison, vvd, thiago. The rest of the team need to step up. 

With vvd out, I will put fabinho n matip as CBs. Hendo , gini n mino midfield. But knowing klopp, he will likely put milner instead of mino.

N according to form, I will even drop Bobby. He has been awful lately. Jota can be given a start.

Maybe Keita will step in for Thiago while Gini will fill in Fabinho if necessary. I would prefer to use Gomez and Matip first. We defend by pressing from our front 3. Fabinho starting in midfield means he can step back to beef up the defence anytime during the game. 

Back to Everton game, both Mane and Salah again show why they are two of the best wide forwards around. Mane's shot was tricky but Salah's finish was special!

Edited by Raymondism
  • Praise 2

Angry till speechless, but have to be mindful of health so cannot remain angry too long...

Referees have been known to issue red card when:

- off the ball

- after final whistle

what the heck allows that prickford to get away with it? His bloody shtty mouth criticised Allison, then he gets caught out for origi's goal.

I was going to say karma should soon make him get a career-ending injury, but that's beneath me. Still this prick should get his retribution soon.

• Praise 4
  • Dislike 1
  • Angry 1

7 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

Unless Michael Oliver and David Coote say they did not see the incident, the FA can retrospectively ban Pickford 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jordan-pickford-virgil-van-dijk-22865457

How can a linesman, a ref, a video guy all miss the bloody obvious foul. You can be half blind and still see it. 

I mean getting scissored tackle comes with the risk of getting on the field. But it's supposed to be a f**king red for a reason. U either break ankles or you twist the knee and tear ligaments. 

• Praise 3

Everyone is looking at the joker ref. I believe the linesman is also culpable. The whole refereeing team should be punished. 

This is not about the result cos thats already finalised. How can u come out with some bull that you reviewed a penalty claim but dismissed it cos its offside and not review the dangerous element of the tackle. 

Player safety should come first no?

For example, A high tackle across the neck of any rugby player is straight red. Whether accidental or not. Sometimes u can see on the pitch is that it's not really Deliberate but it's cos the way the height difference and the way u approach the ball. But the rugby ref rules that cos even though u are a full head taller than the other guy, its your fault u didn't go down low enough. Cos that is player safety as first priority. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 5

The martial incident is another absolute joke. 

If it happened and the ref made a split second decision like in the old days. Fine. Its playacting and u got fooled. 

Now got var. And it was a red card. So well within your rights to review it. 

Very poor lah. It's just epically bad the decisions made. 

And I'm not even talking about the stupidity of the offside lines and shit. Cos its pointless arguing about those. 

• Praise 3