LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - 2020/21 Defending The Title

Picnic06-Biante15

9 hours ago, Cauldron said:

Yes, agreed that any wrong doing should be punished to the letter of the law in the appropriate platform. But not to the extent of wishing bad on others or vilifying the other party.

Below : X-rated or PG13 ? Red Card or not? The #11 wearing red is bright Led or halogen blub? #11 deserved to have his leg broken in next match or not?    

I rest my case.. Enjoy and have a next day 

Try google gerrard tackle hahaha

Make a guess: Which team do you think Gerrard was playing against when he collected his first red card?

Edited by Raymondism
↡ Advertisement

10 hours ago, Raymondism said:

In the past, any offside will be called straight away.. now they let play go on.. so its a bit different. 

This is exactly the point, why the lineman raise the flag and the ref blow for offside when the ball is still being played by vvd. Very often now we see the flag being raised for offside only when the ball was out of play or the ball was shot into the goal. This is some refereeing inconsistency.

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

Can be a red depending on what the referee thinks. He wasnt going for the ball with his studs. Just like Pickford. Thank god aluminium studs are banned. I remember my secondary school days when aluminium studs and professional fouls were still allowed. 

This would be classically called "he left his foot in".

It can worst case result in a broken fibula/tibia. Though with plastic studs and shin pads, i doubt your tibia will crack from this nowadays. Fibula maybe. If u are jack grealish, then maybe good luck to you, but that's the risk he takes with his half shin guards.

If this was high near the knee. then yes, it could be a red. But key point. Not high. Not leaping or jumping in.

In the 90s, this would be normal. All the center backs do it.

• Praise 3

12 minutes ago, Xers007 said:

This is exactly the point, why the lineman raise the flag and the ref blow for offside when the ball is still being played by vvd. Very often now we see the flag being raised for offside only when the ball was out of play or the ball was shot into the goal. This is some refereeing inconsistency.

Let us look at VAR:-

Thot our friend is saying this:

"Then Roy Keane is really stupid man... got ban for the tackle, should have found a chance for Haaland to be offside then lunge in lah"

To which i reply that:

"In the past, any offside will be called straight away.. now they let play go on.. so its a bit different."

Therefore, Keane will not be able to take out players after offside is called.

Anyway the referee blew the whistle after the tackle when the ball went out of play. 

17 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

This would be classically called "he left his foot in".

It can worst case result in a broken fibula/tibia. Though with plastic studs and shin pads, i doubt your tibia will crack from this nowadays. Fibula maybe. If u are jack grealish, then maybe good luck to you, but that's the risk he takes with his half shin guards.

If this was high near the knee. then yes, it could be a red. But key point. Not high. Not leaping or jumping in.

In the 90s, this would be normal. All the center backs do it.

Would you consider Salah's tackle an act that will endanger the safety of the recipient?

18 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

Would you consider Salah's tackle an act that will endanger the safety of the recipient?

Is leaving his studs in potentially harming the other player, yes. 

And if he's carded or sent off accordingly, no one would have any complaints no?  
Yes u may argue about whether it's a yellow/red/intentional/accidental, moan about his stupidity/recklessness, but that is the game right?
I'm not moaning about Pickford's tackle, I'm moaning about the fact he was not punished for it on the field. Despite the existence of cameras, videos, reviews. 

If the chance was deemed onside, VVD is crocked, he was sent off and LFC missed the penalty, and the game ended 0-0. That's the game. I won't kaopeh about the points dropped or what.

Whatever era of football, hard blokes with steel balls or softies who fall on the ground. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

We can all have different tolerances of the physicality of the game. And the mistakes, bursts of anger, pure dumbshit-ness are all aspects of it. But the basic rules should apply. U do something, u better be willing to get punished for it.

Jumping into headers with you leading with your elbow is one example. I believe mane got sent off before last season for that. And of course the world expert in that, Felliani, did it multiple times and i believe he has got red carded for it before.

If you want it purely human with the 6 eyes of the ref and the 2 linesmen judging everything. Then there is no reason for retrospective review IN ANY SCENARIO. Whether VAR, post match review bans etc. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

39 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

Let us look at VAR:-

Thot our friend is saying this:

"Then Roy Keane is really stupid man... got ban for the tackle, should have found a chance for Haaland to be offside then lunge in lah"

To which i reply that:

"In the past, any offside will be called straight away.. now they let play go on.. so its a bit different."

Therefore, Keane will not be able to take out players after offside is called.

Anyway the referee blew the whistle after the tackle when the ball went out of play. 

No no i am not into your argument on that, i didnt managed to catch the game but i read somewhere that the tackle was after the ref blow the whistle for offside.

• Praise 1

24 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Is leaving his studs in potentially harming the other player, yes. 

And if he's carded or sent off accordingly, no one would have any complaints no?  
Yes u may argue about whether it's a yellow/red/intentional/accidental, moan about his stupidity/recklessness, but that is the game right?
I'm not moaning about Pickford's tackle, I'm moaning about the fact he was not punished for it on the field. Despite the existence of cameras, videos, reviews. 

If the chance was deemed onside, VVD is crocked, he was sent off and LFC missed the penalty, and the game ended 0-0. That's the game. I won't kaopeh about the points dropped or what.

Whatever era of football, hard blokes with steel balls or softies who fall on the ground. 

Well... thats why referees are part of the game and they are human. Some times you wished the referees are the ones that kena the two footed challenge of the 80s. 

1 minute ago, Raymondism said:

Well... thats why referees are part of the game and they are human. Some times you wished the referees are the ones that kena the two footed challenge of the 80s. 

Anyway. Strongly rumored that pickford won't face any review. Win liao lor. 

• Praise 1
  • Angry 1

24 minutes ago, Xers007 said:

No no i am not into your argument on that, i didnt managed to catch the game but i read somewhere that the tackle was after the ref blow the whistle for offside.

Anyway i think VAR is used too much in the wrong situation. Its strange they cant see a 6ft3 giant but can rule Mane offside for mere centimetres. 

We will overcome.

No VVD and Matip, move Fabinho to CB with Gomez.

No Thiago against Ajax, move Firmino as the attacking midfielder

with Hendo and Gini behind him.

No Firmino up front move Mane as the CF with Jota on the left and Salah on the right.

:grin:

• Praise 2

5 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

Anyway its not about being human. If u watch world cup rugby. U will understand how absolutely shite the English fa usage of video evidence is. 

And this is on a field with 30 players on the field. 

• Praise 1

Just now, Lala81 said:

Anyway. Strongly rumored that pickford won't face any review. Win liao lor. 

Iirc, if Oliver or the VAR referee reported that they saw the incident and judged that no card is required (regardless of whether the decision is right or wrong), i think the referee governing body will back them up. I could be wrong. 

10 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

We will overcome.

No VVD and Matip, move Fabinho to CB with Gomez.

No Thiago against Ajax, move Firmino as the attacking midfielder

with Hendo and Gini behind him.

No Firmino up front move Mane as the CF with Jota on the left and Salah on the right.

:grin:

Ajax not that good liao so dun worry. I only worry about more injuries due to packed schedule. 

• Praise 1

The FA really really cock up... how can this not be punished? 

so next time if someone is offside then the players can just beat the Sheet out of him ?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1