LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - 2020/21 Defending The Title

Picnic06-Biante15

4 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Lampard just drive down Kepa value but another few millions. A luxury only Chelsea can afford.

We are a bit down on quality in Centre Def, but got to believe we have the guys ready to take the step up.  Even VVD worked his way up, from part time dish washer/footballer to today, he was not born to a famous family, nor was he a prodigy ,nor started football education at a big club. Gomez, VDB and Williams already had a good headstart being in the right club under the right mentorship. Upto them to claim their stake... 

Off track, Zidane is under fire now, lost to newly promoted side, lost to covid hit shakhtar and every good performance by loanee James R adds a bit more fuel to the fire.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

49 minutes ago, Cauldron said:

Lampard just drive down Kepa value but another few millions. A luxury only Chelsea can afford.

We are a bit down on quality in Centre Def, but got to believe we have the guys ready to take the step up.  Even VVD worked his way up, from part time dish washer/footballer to today, he was not born to a famous family, nor was he a prodigy ,nor started football education at a big club. Gomez, VDB and Williams already had a good headstart being in the right club under the right mentorship. Upto them to claim their stake... 

Off track, Zidane is under fire now, lost to newly promoted side, lost to covid hit shakhtar and every good performance by loanee James R adds a bit more fuel to the fire.

Zidane was a good player. An excellent one.

But i actually saw little to rate him as a top manager, although he did win many trophies. I'm wondering whether his luck will run out soon...

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Atrecord said:

Zidane was a good player. An excellent one.

But i actually saw little to rate him as a top manager, although he did win many trophies. I'm wondering whether his luck will run out soon...

After Ronaldo left, RM is just a sub-par team.

• Praise 3

Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum and Thiago.

our strongest midfield and now we can start all of them together in a match.

See...what I said few days back. Do not be despaired and angered from vvd injury. Let move on from last weekend.

There  is always a sliver lining out there.🤗🤗

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 4

Fabinho’s fourth clean sheet in five games as a starting centre-back. 

Likely to be there for rest of the season.

Infront of him Henderson, Wijnaldum and Thiago.

Robertson and TAA wingback charging forward....

The front 3 interchange with jota/minamimo. We have 5 like for like players there.

Alisson started training. 

Not all doom and gloomy.

• Praise 4

10 hours ago, Kopites said:

Infront of him Henderson, Wijnaldum and Thiago.

Robertson and TAA wingback charging forward....

The front 3 interchange with jota/minamimo. We have 5 like for like players there.

Alisson started training. 

Not all doom and gloomy.

Technically we have 6 forwards if we include Origi. 

Shaqiri, Ox and Jones has featured as wide forward or one of the no. 8. Keita was supposed to be the younger alternative to Thiago. Wijnaldum, Hendo and Thiago can play in both no. 6 and 8 roles.

Exciting times isn't it... 

I still hoping to see the team defensive shape morphed into a hybrid between 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 or the magic box formation 4-2-2-2. 

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Kopites said:

Looks like South American, esp. Brazilian, midfielders are quite adaptable to becoming CBs.

Mescherano started the trend. Fernandinho reminded us, and now Fab shows its not uncommon... 😁

• Praise 2

10 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Looks like South American, esp. Brazilian, midfielders are quite adaptable to becoming CBs.

Mescherano started the trend. Fernandinho reminded us, and now Fab shows its not uncommon... 😁

Usually DM role is more taxing. When a hard tackling DM move into CB, he usually has more time to react plus need to cover less ground. Agger also can play DM and Gerrard can play in defence if needed. 

42 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

Usually DM role is more taxing. When a hard tackling DM move into CB, he usually has more time to react plus need to cover less ground. Agger also can play DM and Gerrard can play in defence if needed. 

28 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

TAA is poor in the last few games. Defensively he is poor and nothing on the offensive. 

Robert was doing all the hard work on the left. 

DM literally higher up where you have opponents/own mate running past you left/right whilst CD being the last line of defence you have the wide whole view right in front of you. Make your reading of game much easier. 

The different between vd and fab is their vocal commanding presence. Fab still lack in this aspect to be more vocal. 

Saw his post match interview klopp kept asking him to be more vocal.

My view ...

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Kopites said:

DM literally higher up where you have opponents/own mate running past you left/right whilst CD being the last line of defence you have the wide whole view right in front of you. Make your reading of game much easier. 

The different between vd and fab is their vocal commanding presence. Fab still lack in this aspect to be more vocal. 

Saw his post match interview klopp kept asking him to be more vocal.

My view ...

Agree. I hope Gomez will take this opportunity to step up and be more commanding. 

13 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Under Klopp, any (tall enough)  player can play CB eg  Hendo  during Club WC in Qatar, or even TAA or  Milner.

Can even use Nat Phillips, Rhys William or Billy Kuometio or other promising young academy players available

• Praise 2

If Fabinho can improve his heading and marshalling the backline with leadership, I think he can be a top CB.  He may need to beef himself up further too given his smaller physical frame. I think the 1st choice pairing for now will be Gomez and Fabinho. Matip is really too suspect on his fitness to be considered first team for the longer term.  

The "blessing" in disguise now that VVD is not playing is that Klopp has decided to do away with the crazy high line.  All along I wasn't a fan and it has caused the team to concede too many goals this season.  When VVD plays, the expectations of a high line is there and I think that is too overly idealistic imho.  

Midfield wise, I think Henderson and Thiago will be the 2 deepest midfielders to protect the back 4 (w/o VVD). I suspect Klopp will play Keita whenever he is fit because he can link up midfield and attack the best, compared to the likes of Gini and Milner. Ox is nowhere to be seen again.. how long is he supposed to be out?? 

attack wise, Klopp showed that he is ready to throw the reserve front 3 in.  The current front 3 have started really well except for the goal tally of nil for Bobby..  Expect the likes of Dota to push himself really close to the starting lineup soon.  

• Praise 1