LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - 2020/21 Defending The Title

Picnic06-Biante15

2 hours ago, Akula said:

Got this off the web:

Why Diogo Jota is already everything Liverpool wanted him to be

By  Melissa Reddy

Twenty-three-year-old complements the club's explosive front three, while also allowing his manager to tinker shape and approach in a stacked season

Late into Saturday night, as the cold really started to take hold at Anfield after Liverpool brushed off another VAR decision they were bemused by to beat Sheffield United 2-1, Jurgen Klopp and his coaching staff shared a few minutes of appreciation for Diogo Jota.

“Phwoar, what a player!,” from Pep Lijnders was promptly followed by “and what a person” from the manager. The pair were not surprised that the Portugal international, who headed in the winner, had yet again showcased how his qualities superbly blend with Liverpool’s core attackers.

Klopp always have a long term plan in place

and I think he has 2/3 of our feared front three 

replacement at Anfield already.

Jota is the replacement for Mane.

Minamoto is the replacement for Firmino

and just waiting for Salah understudy.

I think if he recovers from injury and continue developing

it will be David Brooks.

Some people will say who is he? He is not Liverpool quality.

But then that's what they also said when we signed Mane, Salah, Minamoto and Jota right?

image.png.f8ae0cb9cdba93bb3190c0b1799f52e5.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

There have been rumours that Mane could be the subject of a big move to Barcelona with reports in August claiming Liverpool would demand no less than £107m for the Senegal international.

Liverpool capped off a solid but difficult week by following up Champions League victory over Ajax with a 2-1 win from behind against Sheffield United.

And Warnock reckons Jota could be the man to replace Mane whenever the forward decides to leave Anfield.

Warnock told Stadium Astro: “Sadio Mane’s 28 right now, so when he gets to 32 is there someone who would come in with a ridiculous offer you can’t refuse?

“I don’t think that would happen with Mane. He’s loved his time at Liverpool.

“If you want to be the best and challenge for titles, you have to have the squad depth – that’s what [Diogo] Jota brings to this front line.

“It allows Klopp to rest at least one or two of the players with quality to replace them.”

• Praise 2

Liverpool winger Mohamed Salah has been warned by Garth Crooks after a moment of selfish play in the win over Sheffield United at the weekend. The Reds beat the Blades 2-1 but it could have been more comfortable had Salah squared the ball for Mane in one attack in particular.

The pundit even went as far as to suggest it could be the end of Salah and Mane at Anfield if he continues to be selfish in similar positions in the coming weeks and months.

Crooks told BBC Sport: "Mane had a header saved which rebounded for Robert Firmino to score the equaliser against Sheffield United.

"He then produced a wonderful cross for Diogo Jota to score the winner.

"However when the ball came to Mohamed Salah with Mane well placed alongside him the Egypt international chose to go it alone and hit the post.

"When Mane politely protested, Salah gesticulated that he had to go for the shot. No he didn't.

"A pass to Mane and Liverpool would have gone 3-1 up. Salah needs to be careful, I've seen him sacrifice his team-mate before for glory.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

A tight affair but ultimately a comfortable win (with a clean sheet). 2 out of 2 in the CL, next up will be Atalanta, tricky opponents.

Salah, Mane & Firmino all rested for first time in Champions League. Surprised by this, thought would be better to start win the strongest 11 and then sub them out when in a comfortable position.

Fabinho hamstring injury adds to defensive woes, R.Williams the replacement. Looks like we are jinxed this season on our CBs. Will it be Matiq with Gomez vs WHU?

Jota scores 10,000th goal in Liverpool’s history; his third in eight games

Klopp uses all 5 substitutions for second Champions League game running, looks like the gaffer is going all out to “preserve” the players.

YNWA.

• Praise 4

image.png.0c54a222e43e1ba2dfaef09286e18402.png

If When we win at Atalanta on 4th, then can rotate some of the youngsters.

Will be a busy winter. From 21/11 till 02/01 there will be 12 matches to play in 42 days

No EFL play may be a blessing in a poetic way, Gunners take our place to play City in Dec. 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Mivec79 said:

Siao liao la

Fabinho is injured and has been replaced 

Doesn't looks good

hamstring, hope its just a pull and nothing more serious.. if not who else can take the cb post other than the youngsters.

• Praise 2

Watched the highlights... hard earned 3pts. Minamino was getting into good positions but missed too many good chances. Fabinho seemed to be jogging awkwardly much earlier before he was hauled off. I hope he didnt try to push that hamstring too much when he first felt some tightness.  

I wonder which young defender will face the Hammers. Will we see Phillips or Williams or even Henderson appearing beside Gomez. I hope Matip will be at least on the bench. 

Klopp probably wanted to overwhelm opponents with firepower hence he is doing wholesale rotation of the entire forward line. Or was it because he has too many forwards these days?

1 hour ago, Xers007 said:

hamstring, hope its just a pull and nothing more serious.. if not who else can take the cb post other than the youngsters.

I dun think he can recover from a pulled hamstring in days. If not wrong, usually 2 weeks. 

↡ Advertisement