LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - 2020/21 Defending The Title

Picnic06-Biante15

main worry is that we are running out of defenders at such a rapid rate. Said this again and again, the team is so lopsided and front loaded with so many attackers however we are so thin on the CBs and even fullbacks reinforcements are not exactly ready for 1st team. 

Hopefully Fabinho is just a tight hamstring and will be out for ~ weeks. He can still run but can't sprint. He also walked normally off the pitch so it shouldn't be so bad. 

Henderson was caught by cameras looking really concerned ... thinking he may be asked to play CB in the next game.  

There was also some rumors that Salah picked up an injury as he was hobbling into the changing room after the game and it was captured by the media.  

We are still facing at least 2 months to the next transfer window. It certainly cannot come fast enough and Pool certainly has to buy another CB, even if it is a short term fix.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

2 hours ago, Raymondism said:

I dun think he can recover from a pulled hamstring in days. If not wrong, usually 2 weeks. 

Maybe utility man milner can stand in ?

• Praise 2

Think Hendo played as CB once but he doesnt like it iirc.

Honestly i think its time to throw Phillips or Williams at the deep end. Even if we go out and buy a CB, its another two months before the new CB will arrive.

Ali is back so I rather Hendo play in midfield and act as a shield for the CBs. Time to sell Matip and buy some young central defenders.

• Praise 2

38 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

Think Hendo played as CB once but he doesnt like it iirc.

Honestly i think its time to throw Phillips or Williams at the deep end. Even if we go out and buy a CB, its another two months before the new CB will arrive.

Ali is back so I rather Hendo play in midfield and act as a shield for the CBs. Time to sell Matip and buy some young central defenders.

Yah that is what i tot so since Hendo presences in the mid are effective so should leave him there.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Xers007 said:

Yah that is what i tot so since Hendo presences in the mid are effective so should leave him there.

Think we will soon play with 1-2-3-4 :D

Gomez be last man with Hendo and Thiago covering and supporting our 2 full backs and Wijnaldum and let four forwards run riot haha

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

7 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

Think we will soon play with 1-2-3-4 :D

Gomez be last man with Hendo and Thiago covering and supporting our 2 full backs and Wijnaldum and let four forwards run riot haha

Then other teams will get panic and starts thinking of a way to break Pool formation of 1-2-3-4 .... :grin:

• Praise 1

It was a very difficult win.

We couldn't score for long periods.

Actually we couldn't create any chances for long periods.

Then we can only score once and couldn't make the game safe until almost teh final whistle.

They never stop attacking and they could have equalise if only their finishing was better.

:grin:

A very uncomfortable game.

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Then other teams will get panic and starts thinking of a way to break Pool formation of 1-2-3-4 .... :grin:

Just pump ball into the spaces behind our fullbacks if possible :D

Turbocharged

From the Web,

Liverpool receive Fabinho boost with hamstring injury not as bad as first feared

Liverpool had feared Fabinho had suffered a grade-three hamstring tear, but scans have shown the Brazilian's issue is not as bad as first thought

Jurgen Klopp has been offered a ray of hope in his current injury nightmare with news that Fabinho’s injury is not as serious as first feared.

The versatile Brazil international underwent a scan on Wednesday morning after limping out of the Champions League game against Midtjylland with what appeared a serious hamstring injury.

A grade-three tear would rule the midfielder out for up to six months and be a hammer blow for Klopp who is already without Virgil van Dijk.

But scans show it is not as serious, and only a grade one or two, which means he could well be back straight after the upcoming international break.

Such is the congestion of the fixture list, it would mean the Brazilian could still miss at least three matches - and big ones, too - with the Reds facing West Ham and Manchester City in the Premier League and a Champions League visit to Atalanta in between

• Praise 4

From the way Fabinho walked off the pitch unassisted and without straightening his entire foot, the injury can't be worse than a grade 1 or 2 tear. so, he should be back in about 2-3 weeks.  

Still, Pool has to cope in his absence. Doubt Matip will be rushed back in time at least for this weekend meaning we have to play either Hendro or one of the youngsters. Dun mind giving Rhys Willams a go but he will face some bulldozers attackers from West Ham.  Rhys is tall but seems a bit light-weighed. 

Pool needs to get players off the treatment room asap. every player is important to the squad now.   

• Praise 1

Huh Rhys Williams is better in the air than Fabinho and Joe Gomez?

That's exactly what we need with VVD out.

:grin:

Jamie Carragher believes Rhys Williams will be able to provide Liverpool with ‘great aerial ability’ and that is something that Fabinho and Joe Gomez ‘don’t give’ Jurgen Klopp’s side.

And although Williams has barely played for Liverpool's senior side, Carragher believes the youngster has the qualities to fill the void at the back.

“It’s a huge problem for Liverpool,” the Kop icon told CBS. “Matip was touch and go for this game. Whether he will be back for West Ham, I am not sure.

• Praise 4

4 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Refresh me memory. Was Mane away long that warranted a welcome, where did he go? 

Think such video clips usually appear when the players come back at different time to join pre-season training. 

• Haha! 1

the tie at West Ham will be a tough fixture as even City couldnt win last week.  am sure David Moyes will unleash one one of his battering rams strikers in Haller or Antonio. Won't be surprised if he throws both of them on the pitch to attack our thin CB pairing.  

This will be a tough away fixture which I think it makes sense to start with an experienced player in Henderson as the CB, ahead of Rhys Williams, who is good in the air but abit light weighted.  For home games whereby Pool is expected to dominate game and attack, it will make more sense to give game time to Williams. 

Hendro can probably play a full 90 min if it is at CB. Not so sure if he can last the full game as one of the midfielders, judging by the way Klopp is protecting his game time recently. 

If Hendro slots in as CB, the 2 anchoring midfielders would then be Gini and Milner.  Expect Klopp to play 4 forwards as this is an area of abundant supply of players.  

Matip and Thiago are still not back in full training. Doubt they will be ready for this game even to make the bench.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2