LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - 2020/21 Defending The Title

Maxus-MIFA9

8 minutes ago, Fooblack said:

the tie at West Ham will be a tough fixture as even City couldnt win last week.  am sure David Moyes will unleash one one of his battering rams strikers in Haller or Antonio. Won't be surprised if he throws both of them on the pitch to attack our thin CB pairing.  

This will be a tough away fixture which I think it makes sense to start with an experienced player in Henderson as the CB, ahead of Rhys Williams, who is good in the air but abit light weighted.  For home games whereby Pool is expected to dominate game and attack, it will make more sense to give game time to Williams. 

Hendro can probably play a full 90 min if it is at CB. Not so sure if he can last the full game as one of the midfielders, judging by the way Klopp is protecting his game time recently. 

If Hendro slots in as CB, the 2 anchoring midfielders would then be Gini and Milner.  Expect Klopp to play 4 forwards as this is an area of abundant supply of players.  

Matip and Thiago are still not back in full training. Doubt they will be ready for this game even to make the bench.  

Actually this will be a home game for us, but never the less, no much diff as there will be no home crowd.

Hammers have whole week to prepare and drill a few plan A,B,C...

Actually the in the game against the Sheffield, we saw a glimpse of a new variation in the 4231. this will give the opposition manager more questions to address. The 31 will did work quite well because of Jota's quality.

I think should give R.Williams a run out as the right side CB and Hendo to stay behind to cover the TAA forage forward and provide pass angle for Williams.

Really heng Ali is back for this.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

5 hours ago, Fooblack said:

the tie at West Ham will be a tough fixture as even City couldnt win last week.  am sure David Moyes will unleash one one of his battering rams strikers in Haller or Antonio. Won't be surprised if he throws both of them on the pitch to attack our thin CB pairing.  

This will be a tough away fixture which I think it makes sense to start with an experienced player in Henderson as the CB, ahead of Rhys Williams, who is good in the air but abit light weighted.  For home games whereby Pool is expected to dominate game and attack, it will make more sense to give game time to Williams. 

Hendro can probably play a full 90 min if it is at CB. Not so sure if he can last the full game as one of the midfielders, judging by the way Klopp is protecting his game time recently. 

If Hendro slots in as CB, the 2 anchoring midfielders would then be Gini and Milner.  Expect Klopp to play 4 forwards as this is an area of abundant supply of players.  

Matip and Thiago are still not back in full training. Doubt they will be ready for this game even to make the bench.  

Time to bring Henderson back to CB and bring in Minamino to MF.  

• Praise 1

19 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Refresh me memory. Was Mane away long that warranted a welcome, where did he go? 

Maybe it was just before last season started, when he played for senegal in Africans Nation Cup, where they lost in the final to Algeria. even salah rejoined the squad before him, as egypt exited earlier. Lovren was still around, so it's possible...

• Praise 4

what time is the match tomorrow? we need to get back to a winning run in the league. getting only 1 point from 6 derailed plans, so must find ways to win matches. Hope VAR doesn't come and kah jiao us again this weekend.

• Praise 2

11 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

what time is the match tomorrow? we need to get back to a winning run in the league. getting only 1 point from 6 derailed plans, so must find ways to win matches. Hope VAR doesn't come and kah jiao us again this weekend.

Sunday 1.30 AM

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

28 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Sunday 1.30 AM

i tot they started pay per view, tio blasted, then give up already? how come still continue to tekan us by having 7.30, 10.00, 12.30, 3.00 - as many as 4 matches in a night - during weekends?

or is it change winter time so this is actually 12.30 match became 1.30... 😥

better have good result and let me have a good sleep...

• Praise 3

5 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

i tot they started pay per view, tio blasted, then give up already? how come still continue to tekan us by having 7.30, 10.00, 12.30, 3.00 - as many as 4 matches in a night - during weekends?

or is it change winter time so this is actually 12.30 match became 1.30... 😥

better have good result and let me have a good sleep...

Yup its 12.30 match become 1.30 cos winter time.

:grin:

• Praise 2

I wonder if football matches will be cancelled if the UK is going for a 2nd lockdown. It may buy liverpool some time for some injured players to recover and get back into fitness.

• Praise 3

Surprising that nat Philips starting instead of rhys as klopp has selected rhys more previously. N wonder y klopp didn't with jota but now chooses Jones. Jota had a gd game last wk.

• Praise 1

Poor fm gomez agn. Constantly unreliable this season.  N no point having so much of the ball without creating anything. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2