LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - 2020/21 Defending The Title

Picnic06-Biante15

4 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Hendo injured playing for England leh... 😓

Muscle / hamstring. 

Hmmm than I don't know who to field there.

Imo our kids not really to counter leicester's vardy. We need experience CB! Someone that can read the running of vardy.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Sad 1

To add on...putting kids there against vardy might crush their confidence. Not worth the risk.

So milner, gini or henderson if available either one should partner matip. At least got excuse they aren't CB by trade if gotten boss around by vardy. Hahaha

Vardy might be old but he has the experiences to run into position. Most of his goals were from good positioning.

• Praise 2

Liverpool ‘table Georginio Wijnaldum three-year contract’ with 40 per cent salary hike

Liverpool have reportedly tabled a new long-term contract for Georginio Wijnaldum with a whopping salary increase.

Dutch midfielder Wijnaldum’s future is currently up in the air with his initial five-year contract set to expire at the end of this season.

The 30-year-old has been linked with a move to Barcelona where he would form part of former Holland boss Ronald Koeman’s new look side.

However, Liverpool are keen to keep hold of Wijnaldum, who has played a key role in their recent success.

And the Anfield hierarchy have tabled a new three-year deal with a huge 40 per cent wage hike

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Liverpool ‘table Georginio Wijnaldum three-year contract’ with 40 per cent salary hike

Liverpool have reportedly tabled a new long-term contract for Georginio Wijnaldum with a whopping salary increase.

Dutch midfielder Wijnaldum’s future is currently up in the air with his initial five-year contract set to expire at the end of this season.

The 30-year-old has been linked with a move to Barcelona where he would form part of former Holland boss Ronald Koeman’s new look side.

However, Liverpool are keen to keep hold of Wijnaldum, who has played a key role in their recent success.

And the Anfield hierarchy have tabled a new three-year deal with a huge 40 per cent wage hike

If not, swap with Eriksen. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Raymondism said:

If not, swap with Eriksen. 

actually i wonder what happened to Eriksen. We wanted him but Spurs hijacked him...

he was magnificient for years, as the creative engine for spurs. what happened to him now at Inter? of the Spurs team, i would have wanted him and Son...

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

actually i wonder what happened to Eriksen. We wanted him but Spurs hijacked him...

he was magnificient for years, as the creative engine for spurs. what happened to him now at Inter? of the Spurs team, i would have wanted him and Son...

All I know is he is available and Inter is said to be interested in Wijnaldum. And he is a Liverpool fan.

Oh Nooooooooooooooooooooo .................. :a-t2622:

German FA looking into possibilities of J Klopp to replace Joachimm Low... :lll._.:

Yahoo news : Jurgen Klopp is the only candidate to succeed Joachim Low as Germany manager, claims Lothar Matthaus

German legend Lothar Matthaus says there is only one realistic candidate to succeed Joachim Low as manager of the national team.

There is no suggestion that Low, who has been at the helm for approaching 200 games over the last 14 years, is close to leaving – though some critics have suggested the team has stagnated somewhat and a change is in order as Germany prepare to face Spain in the Nations League.

Matthaus, who won 150 caps during his playing days and lifted the World Cup as captain for West Germany in 1990, says Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is the only option who would bring experience, proven quality and the approval of onlookers.

“When you talk about possible candidates, there is only one person that everyone would want in the future, and that is Jurgen Klopp,” he told Sky Sport in Germany.

More read, link : https://sg.yahoo.com/news/jurgen-klopp-only-candidate-succeed-170629745.html

Didn't know Joachim Low already 14 years as manager of Germany National Team. It's time for a change for the better of Germany but sad for Liverpool .. :TT_TT:

• Praise 1

Yahoo News : Spain 6-0 Germany: Joachim Low ‘really doesn’t know what happened’ in worst defeat in 89 years

Germany head coach Joachim Low was unable to explain Tuesday evening’s humiliating 6-0 loss to Spain in the Nations League, the country’s biggest loss in competitive football.

Die Mannschaft have won just three of their last eight games and sign off 2020 with their heaviest defeat in 89 as Manchester City forward Ferran Torres scored a hat-trick among goals from Alvaro Morata, Rodri and Mikel Oyarzabal.

"I really don't know what happened to the team," Loew told reporters. "We had hardly any chances and we didn't win a single individual battle out on the pitch.

“In the second half we tried to press them high up the pitch to score and get back into the game but Spain played far better than us, they were much faster and played with more precision.”

Germany needed just a point to secure their spot at the Nations League finals, but would themselves three goals down at half-time and only worsen after the break.

More read, link : https://sg.yahoo.com/news/spain-6-0-germany-joachim-234258631.html

So when duties calls by the Nation, 75% possibility of J Kopp will response ... :ninja:

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Yahoo News : Spain 6-0 Germany: Joachim Low ‘really doesn’t know what happened’ in worst defeat in 89 years

Germany head coach Joachim Low was unable to explain Tuesday evening’s humiliating 6-0 loss to Spain in the Nations League, the country’s biggest loss in competitive football.

Die Mannschaft have won just three of their last eight games and sign off 2020 with their heaviest defeat in 89 as Manchester City forward Ferran Torres scored a hat-trick among goals from Alvaro Morata, Rodri and Mikel Oyarzabal.

"I really don't know what happened to the team," Loew told reporters. "We had hardly any chances and we didn't win a single individual battle out on the pitch.

“In the second half we tried to press them high up the pitch to score and get back into the game but Spain played far better than us, they were much faster and played with more precision.”

Germany needed just a point to secure their spot at the Nations League finals, but would themselves three goals down at half-time and only worsen after the break.

More read, link : https://sg.yahoo.com/news/spain-6-0-germany-joachim-234258631.html

So when duties calls by the Nation, 75% possibility of J Kopp will response ... :ninja:

aiyoh... tell Germany dun knee jerk lah...

so what if they just lost 6-0. Freak results can happen, just bounce back lor...

Recently Klopp also couldn't explain what happened when his team lost 7-2...

Pls keep faith with Lowe...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

dun think Klopp will be so interested in the German job. His style of active coaching on a day in day out basis will not match these international team jobs.  so, I wont be too nervous even if Lowe is let go. 

back to Pool - with so many players out, I wonder who Klopp can play this coming sunday against Leceister.  Both Thiago and Fabinho have not restarted full training so unlikely to feature.  Every team must be fancying their chances when coming to Anfield this few weeks...  everyone wants to break the unbeaten home record

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Fooblack said:

dun think Klopp will be so interested in the German job. His style of active coaching on a day in day out basis will not match these international team jobs.  so, I wont be too nervous even if Lowe is let go. 

back to Pool - with so many players out, I wonder who Klopp can play this coming sunday against Leceister.  Both Thiago and Fabinho have not restarted full training so unlikely to feature.  Every team must be fancying their chances when coming to Anfield this few weeks...  everyone wants to break the unbeaten home record

Today is Wed... Fri morning, then review to see who can play on Sun lor...

If any team wanna be famous to break the record, then tell them must cooperate and let pool win/draw for another 1-2 yr more first. Now the record is held by Chelsea, which was broken by Alonso. Even if any team wins now, it's still not a record. Wait till we catch up with Chelsea first, then ask them come and try break... will be really famous if they do - come that time...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1