LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - 2020/21 Defending The Title

Picnic06-Biante15

2 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Still feeling blue about the draw..... Argh. 

its going into dec...

before klopp came, we were probably more than 12 points away from the top by this stage of the season

AN LAH!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

I m so happy.....

I didn’t watch the game. I would have burst a capillary or my entire suite of “vocab” ...

my last live game was the derby against the blue noses.... 

I will support u reds...  

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

VAR only alerts the Ref if he made a clear and obvious error.

The pen wasn't a clear and obvious error so why should the VAR alert the Ref?

Before it was Pool?

Other teams foul Pool in the box VAR never alert the Ref because it wasn't a clear and obvious error.

:grin:

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

VAR only alerts the Ref if he made a clear and obvious error.

The pen wasn't a clear and obvious error so why should the VAR alert the Ref?

Before it was Pool?

Other teams foul Pool in the box VAR never alert the Ref because it wasn't a clear and obvious error.

Maybe due to VVD incident, when VAR saw Welbeck dropping to the ground, they decided to review what happened. Robbo mistimed his kick and was a bit reckless.  

• Praise 1

The last week was shit. First time since UCL final did i wake up to watch 4 am match from start, and we lost bad. Tot can get some consolation in the league, and we continued playing poorly, and finally scored and endured till added time to give away 2 points.

I worry that the style of play is taking its toll on the players, and at this rate, will run out of fit players. And everyone is playing so tentative, playing backwards and waiting for openings that never come... Against Atalanta had zero shot at goals... and against brighton it was much better. 

I also watched Leeds match, and i must say if i'm neutral, i'll support Leeds instead. They playing good football, much better than us now. Whether they get the results or not, is another matter. We need to see how to be more creative, and consistent. A week ago against Leicester we were clearly the much better side. Against Leicester it was reversed. Against Brighton, we were not much better. 

Now still in it with a shout, but it's thanks to other challengers also dropping points along the way. Will need to buck up quickly if we want to retain what we waited 30 yr to land.

Minamino looks surprisingly out of his league since joining Pool. He played so well against Pool, but now that he's joined the club, hasn't seen him reproduced anything close to it. He can't win balls when challenged, and isn't pacy, nor can he beat players much. Will need to improve himself if he hopes to stick around.

Salah was mad when taken off. He was at least playing decently. Should have taken Minamino off as he wasn't contributing much, although i'm sure klopp thought the match was safe and wanted to let Mina get more minutes in a bid to improve him. Unfortunately it didn't pay off, and we're 2 points poorer...

Read about Klopp's rant at the schedule causing injuries and his war of words against Wilder of Sheffield over the 5 subs rule. Let's see how long this wilder will last. better not last till christmas...

• Praise 1

at the end of the day, we only have ourselves to blame (mostly). If we have scored another goal to make it safe, then these unfair decisions wont be an issue. The truth is that as a neutral, you can easily put up a case that Brighton did deserve a point against us.  

It was the manner of the penalty award which confuses everyone nowadays. Watching an incident at real time vs slow motion is a totally different matter.  Was there an impact on Welbeck? sure that was. Was it sufficient to warrant a penalty given that he took about 1 sec to think through before going down? You can make make a decision at your end.  The issue was that both Robertson and Welbeck did not have control of the ball and it took an eternity of consideration before Welbeck decided to take a half-hearted tumble and hope for a VAR review. 

Those fellas in the VAR room do not have the slightest understand of the real game situation and just decide on cold, emotionless, by the book interpretation of refereeing.  The on-field referee saw the incident first hand and immediately dismissed the contact as it is clear as daylight that it cant be a penalty.  The VAR persuaded him to review as there was contact (which was never a doubt). Once the on-field referee saw the contact on the screen, he then awards the penalty in 3 secs flat and purely on whether there was a contact or not.  The context of the incident and Welbeck's theatrical fall 1.5 sec later was totally ignored. That was why the VAR is a joke.  Every offensive player will know that they should go down at the slightest contact and hope for VAR review. 

Another 2 pts dropped in the most cruel of fashion. As I said, the team had mostly itself to blame for a tepid performance so that itself needs to be improved.  The consolation is that Pool still sit level on point at the top of the table but sooner or later, the chasing pack will become stronger and stronger and try to pull away if Pool continue to drop pts at this rate.  

• Praise 2

Guys, 

Something just cropped up my mind. Last season, LFC ran away with the EPL title with many games to spare. This makes the title race less interesting. In order to preserve the excitement of the title race, VAR has been told to make LFC suffer in terms of decision, goals ruled off side, penalties to be awarded to opposition teams in the lightest of touch and etc. Surely, this must be the conspiracy theory behind VAR this season. Man U losing its attractiveness lately with poor results, thus, award them penalties as and when necessary so that they are near the title chasing pack. Teams in the bottom half, don't you guys realised that these teams can have two shots on targets throughout the game and both ended in goals! Just my biased assessment though. Please do not flame me for this.

• Haha! 4

image.thumb.png.366a13bda8a161bd371dcf2a21c1c0f3.png

Liverpool Interested in Ajax Defender Perr Schuurs.

Maybe Klopp will tell Ajax, "save your money, no need to get him a return air ticket."

• Praise 1

Somehow, I think either Klopp got the plot wrong or he was still experimenting with his options. Mane should have started instead of Minamino; the scoreline could easily be opened up beyond any hope of a Brighton recovery. Simple banking on a single goal lead leaves little assurance of a victory.

• Praise 1

We are playing the percentage game.

If we play Mane for 3 games in a week then we would probably win all 3

and then he gets a muscle injury and out for say 6 weeks?

So we play him for 1 game then a half game then a full game.

37 minutes ago, Icu said:

Somehow, I think either Klopp got the plot wrong or he was still experimenting with his options. Mane should have started instead of Minamino; the scoreline could easily be opened up beyond any hope of a Brighton recovery. Simple banking on a single goal lead leaves little assurance of a victory.

• Praise 2

39 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Tomorrow morning 4.00 am, Liverpool vs Ajax ... [smash]

i will give pool a better chance to win -- by not watching... kanna hattrick, last 3 matches sacrificed so much sleep watch them but didn't win...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Thiago looks like will be out for another few weeks.  his injury and recovery is becoming a mystery. 

TAA may be back this weekend so this is good news, along with Keita. 

I believe Gini has played the most minutes this campaign... hope he can stay fit especially now that the central midfield is becoming thin. 

Not sure why Matip was left out of the squad last game - surely not another long term injury? 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Fooblack said:

Thiago looks like will be out for another few weeks.  his injury and recovery is becoming a mystery. 

TAA may be back this weekend so this is good news, along with Keita. 

I believe Gini has played the most minutes this campaign... hope he can stay fit especially now that the central midfield is becoming thin. 

Not sure why Matip was left out of the squad last game - surely not another long term injury? 

That bloody richarlison had the cheek to complain when he was fouled playing for brazil. His own farking tackle now caused Thiago, a fellow pro to be injured and missed 3 mth of action. His prick of a teammate is worse. I don't wanna stoop so low to wish him injured for 2 seasons, but I hope he keeps letting goals that are his fault - again and again - for 2 seasons at least.

TAA can be back so fast? His not playing meant pool has no attacking thrust from one side, leaving the full burden on robbo, who is already showing signs of tiredness. If Klopp can't get others in the team to share the responsibility of creativity, then it's dangerous cos the few are relied too heavily on... not safe...

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Atrecord said:

That bloody richarlison had the cheek to complain when he was fouled playing for brazil. His own farking tackle now caused Thiago, a fellow pro to be injured and missed 3 mth of action. His prick of a teammate is worse. I don't wanna stoop so low to wish him injured for 2 seasons, but I hope he keeps letting goals that are his fault - again and again - for 2 seasons at least.

TAA can be back so fast? His not playing meant pool has no attacking thrust from one side, leaving the full burden on robbo, who is already showing signs of tiredness. If Klopp can't get others in the team to share the responsibility of creativity, then it's dangerous cos the few are relied too heavily on... not safe...

from last game, it is clear to me Neco Williams is not ready.  He looked shaky and conceded a penalty with a rash challenge.  Now that Milner is also out, we have no real options on the right back position.  Curtis Jones played the last15-20 min as the emergency right back and he looked totally out of place. 

we cant wait to have TAA back to be honest.  you are right. when TAA and milner dun play as RB, the attacking emphasis will switch to the left whereby Robbo will get the load. He looked tired in the last game too. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1