LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - 2020/21 Defending The Title

Picnic06-Biante15

1 hour ago, Fooblack said:

Pool is top of the table no more.  Utd leads the table with 3 pts. 

Its realistic position at this pt is actually 3rd place as City can overtake Pool with its 2 games in hand. 

I seriously think Pool won't hang on the title and will face a challenge to stay in the top 4, especially if the chasing pack of Spurs, Chelsea and Leceister put in a winning run anytime soon. 

Still not sure what the mgt is thinking. Am sure they have some long term squad replenishment plan in place e.g. to get CBs in the summer. The risks is that if Pool dun win anything or even drops out of the top 4, many stars will turn their heads in the summer.  There is already some hints by Salah and more will get into the same act. Gini looks unlikely to extend his contract too.  

U forgot Everton. So far they  doing quite well. Keeping in touch  with top 4.

↡ Advertisement

6 minutes ago, Spring said:

Klopp has spoken that its unlikely though not impossible to hv signings this window. Klopp is a dream Mgr as far as owners are concerned, gets on with the job without being too demanding and toes the line. I’m not sure if this is a good trait to hv or not, we shall see...........

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/fsg-are-not-tight-klopp-defends-liverpool-owners-over-clubs/15hewqitw46vq1eepphip4yc38

U r being too pessimistic in saying even top 4 is a challenge. To win the title again is definitely a challenge but top 4 is a shoo in I’m quite sure.

The league table after 17 games doesnt really lie. It is actually a farce that Pool is in 2nd place however as it is extremely tight from 2nd place to 6th place whereby the teams are separated by 1pt or so (assuming games in hand are won). So it is pretty unrealistic to think the top 4 is in the bag. If the players think likewise, we are in a real danger. 

Teams are no longer afraid to play Pool and the fear factor is gone, primarily because they are finding success in playing park bus + counter attacking football. Pool's makeshift defence is an invitation for teams to have a real go at them.  If the front 3 continues to struggle for form, more points can only be dropped.  

Liverpool have not scored in 4.5 hours of football.

I wonder if its because Salah won't pass to Mane

and so Mane will just shoot at any angle and won't pass

to Salah also.

:grin:

Clattenburg admits to referee bias towards Man Utd

But then, almost as an afterthought, in an attempt to evidence his assertions, Clattenburg outright admitted that referees were biased towards Manchester United, particularly in Sir Alex Ferguson’s era at Old Trafford.

We always knew.

:grin:

Man u vs liverpool on a  monday morning. Its always this slot for the big matches😡

Its disappointing when the fa planners knew there would likely be no crowd in the stadium, so no issues with local transport,  and the money will be from tv. should then try to accommodate their biggest growing overseas fanbase which is china + sea.....

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Karoon said:

Man u vs liverpool on a  monday morning. Its always this slot for the big matches😡

Its disappointing when the fa planners knew there would likely be no crowd in the stadium, so no issues with local transport,  and the money will be from tv. should then try to accommodate their biggest growing overseas fanbase which is china + sea.....

Since we are the biggest market they should put at 8 pm.

:D

Matip unlikely to be fit for the crunch tie. 

I dun think Klopp will play Henderson as the CB since the experiment backfired in the last game vs saints. 

Hence, he is down to either Rhys Williams or Nat Philips. Between the 2, I prefer Nat as he is less error prone and good in the air, which tends to compliment Fabinho better.  

I hope Klopp opt for all out attack and maybe deploy either Taki or OX as the no.10 and play united higher up the pitch.     

Pools line up for the big match

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Henderson, Fabinho, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Thiago, Shaqiri, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Kelleher, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Minamino, Origi, R. Williams, Phillips, N. Williams.

Omg

An attacking lineup

But surprisingly klopp trusted Henderson more than his available centre back

Twice already 

Firmino failed to notice Robertson in a better position on the left hand side

Salah must pass lah

When he is on the ball so many manu player around

• Praise 1

Pool attack is just too predictable. Firmino has been poor. Klopp needs to do his subs early. Ox or minamino should come in

Pool dropped to 4th place. 3 games without a goal. Winless in 4 EPL games. If there is a form table, this will probably be one of the worst in Klopp's recent records. 

Klopp persisted in playing Hendro as the CB. While a clean sheet was kept, it was largely due to the heroics of Alisson who made a couple of stunning saves to deny Utd in the 2nd half and to preserve the ongoing Anfield record. 

The midfield was too imbalanced in my view... Shaq, Gini and Thiago. Not the usual fanfare we would come to expect.  Utd packed their midfield with 2 DMs and even with the attacking intent of our midfield, there weren't alot of attacking penetration. The front 3 struggles are well documented with Bobby's form struggles most prominent. 

We need a CB solution as we can't afford to play Hendro as the CB. I thought this would be abundantly clear however, Klopp may have no choice in current CB crisis...  we are seeing the title challenge slip away before our eyes..  

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 1