LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - 2020/21 Defending The Title

Picnic06-Biante15

The different. Thiago playing further up field. Spraying his pass shorter and quicker relative to previous games he was further back.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

FT Spurs 1 - 3 Liverpool.

While by no means a vintage performance, this (away) win is very very badly needed. Especially when it is a makeshift of the makeshift CB.......

3 players that recently undergoing a very poor patch of form gotten onto the scoresheet.

Hopefully nothing major on Fab & Matiq. 

Keeping fingers crossed the worst is over and we have turned the corner.

YNWa

• Praise 2

Pool set up was abit different for this game. The wide forwards played wider instead of squeezing in-field and this allowed Bobby to do his best in terms of dropping deep as the false 9 to pull the Spurs CBs all over the place.  All 3 goals conceded by Spurs were due to some form of defensive errors but Pool caused them endless problems with this surprise change in their offensive tactical setup.  Spurs obviously wanted to play counter attacks and was slightly effective until Kane was injured. They scored a goal with a screamer of a shot outside the box although i think the scorer sliced his effort. 

Bobby and Mane both scored. mane missed so many good chances so this goal will get the monkey off his back. Salah actually should not have his goal disallowed so he is also looking in good form.  The front 3 is slowly back to its working effectiveness. 

The main worry is Matip. He didnt last more than 45min and Klopp raised his comments very openly that he has an ankle ligament injury which he mentions is "serious".  Klopp is usually not vocal on the injury status immediately after a game. So by reading his intentions, I think these open comments were more to be registered with the owners/mgt ... "give me a new CB" is the coded message.   Matip is simply unreliable in terms of fitness so no chance to bank on him for the rest of the season. Fabinho is also doubtful for the next game given his precautionary absence from a muscle injury.    

• Praise 1

Hendo, pls don't be injured anymore. The team actually plays better with more commitment when he is playing, i think the team fights together with him. The England vice cap always looks more commanding than the England cap when they go head to head. 

Edited by Extinguisher
  • Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Extinguisher said:

Hendo, pls don't be injured anymore. The team actually plays better with more commitment when he is playing, i think the team fights together with him. The England vice cap always looks more commanding than the England cap when they go head to head. 

Actually can permanently convert him to CB to preserve his legs in the long run... but not sure if he wants to play in defence... With Fabinho and Matip both out, under the Bo Bian Act, Hendo will play alongside one of the youngsters until another solution is found. I still prefer him to play in midfield though. 

• Haha! 2

28 minutes ago, Extinguisher said:

We have cap and vice cap in the same match this morning.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

No one wants Emre Can these days right?

If free we can get him or loan and just pay wages.

:D

why not? he is only 27... abit young to be drifting around.. :D

But we have too many number 8s.. he doesnt fancy number 6 role... will he consider playing in number 4?

Edited by Raymondism
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

We have cap and vice cap in the same match this morning.

saw reports saying Milner playing like a young man... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1