LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - 2020/21 Defending The Title

Picnic06-Biante15

Commentator says Neco williams did well...

What the hell? Are those commentators blind? Neco Williams was supposed to stick to the forward but allowed the forward to stray away. 

• Sad 1

Turbocharged
25 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

Am I the only one who feel that our midfielders and forwards are passing left and right for Fulham to get back into their defensive shape?

They hv been playing like this for the whole season. That's y they r struggling to score. Every single possession taking too long to reach opponent's third of the field. Dunno y klopp has been insisting playing like this.

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Shorty said:

They hv been playing like this for the whole season. That's y they r struggling to score. Every single possession taking too long to reach opponent's third of the field. Dunno y klopp has been insisting playing like this.

Too many touches.. and i keep hearing many people sing praises of our current midfielders.. saying they can keep the ball... since when Klopp wants tiki taka? i thought we have one man up when we dont have the ball? Our midfielders need to go back to getting into good positions to receive passes from defence and then releasing our forwards early... now they are all trying to be steven gerrard... waiting for balls from defence and trying to get involved in attack.. at the same time bring the opponent defensive block into position...

Wonder whats in Klopp's mind... and i wonder what he saw in Neco Williams. This kid is a winger not a full back. Stop asking a winger to play full back when you are having two youngsters as CB. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Kiario said:

Seem like we will get beat even if playing against a 1st or 2nd division team..

Probably as we created our own problems... after Fulham beat our high line 2 or 3 times... our back line still not aware that they are being targetted... strange... 

3 minutes ago, cashcow said:

Liverpool needs lots of red bull tonic surely

No amount of red bull will help if you make 6 changes in a game... no respect for opponent

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
3 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

Too many touches.. and i keep hearing many people sing praises of our current midfielders.. saying they can keep the ball... since when Klopp wants tiki taka? i thought we have one man up when we dont have the ball? Our midfielders need to go back to getting into good positions to receive passes from defence and then releasing our forwards early... now they are all trying to be steven gerrard... waiting for balls from defence and trying to get involved in attack.. at the same time bring the opponent defensive block into position...

Wonder whats in Klopp's mind... and i wonder what he saw in Neco Williams. This kid is a winger not a full back. Stop asking a winger to play full back when you are having two youngsters as CB. 

i also wanna know wat klopp is tinking. it's really hard to understand y he has been setting up the team like this for the whole season when clearly it's not working. the quick counter attacks are totally gone. this is really not how the team played last 2 seasons. the players cant suddenly b this poor overnight. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
4 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

Probably as we created our own problems... after Fulham beat our high line 2 or 3 times... our back line still not aware that they are being targetted... strange... 

not only this game. against chelsea also. even tuchel clearly said in the pre game interview that he will use werner's pace to get behind pool's defence. yet pool played a high line. 

• Praise 1

Just now, Shorty said:

i also wanna know wat klopp is tinking. it's really hard to understand y he has been setting up the team like this for the whole season when clearly it's not working. the quick counter attacks are totally gone. this is really not how the team played last 2 seasons. the players cant suddenly b this poor overnight. 

You dun need quick counter attacks against us... you just need to ask a player to stay up and let our right back join the attack and pull the two CBs wide apart with our no. 6 also in a no. 8 position.... 

Turbocharged
1 minute ago, Raymondism said:

You dun need quick counter attacks against us... you just need to ask a player to stay up and let our right back join the attack and pull the two CBs wide apart with our no. 6 also in a no. 8 position.... 

yes. this is another part of the game that klopp somehow didnt rectify. he always insists on his team having the ball. but now, opponents r happy to let them hv the ball. let the wingbacks join the attack n the jus launch a long ball behind the defence. 

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Shorty said:

not only this game. against chelsea also. even tuchel clearly said in the pre game interview that he will use werner's pace to get behind pool's defence. yet pool played a high line. 

Well.. imagine i play right back... if i see the player i am supposed to mark keep getting behind me and my CB need to cover... there can be only two reasons: either i slow or i dreaming