LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - 2020/21 Defending The Title

Picnic06-Biante15

Turbocharged

Came from behind to record first win at home in 2021. Salah n TAA with the late winner.

Should not have been that difficult had we taken the chances and for the damn VAR.

3 vital points and we are into top 4 (though the teams around us have yet to play).

Next up, against RM in the CL (home but playing away to Budapest). Last time we played there, we won both games 2-0. Hopefully history repeats itself.

YNWA

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

17 hours ago, Raymondism said:

Do you think TAA played well? I thot he was mediocre and only showed up to score the winning goal....

He played well.... offensively.  The 1st goal disallowed was via his thru pass. He scored the winner so from an offensive perspective, he was very bit as good as it gets. 

If you look at his defensive contributions, I think there's where there can be critics..  he was abit too casual closing down wingers and crosses. That's where alot of us get concerned over his defensive attributes. But at least he did not commit any glaring defensive mistakes unlike the RM game.  

The thing about TAA is that he is a playmaker playing as a RB. as straight as it sounds, that's actually the best way to describe. He sprays passes, he takes set pieces, he shoots, he assists... he defends appropriately .... at times only.    

Hope the real LFC turn up for the CL Semi Finals 2nd Leg against RM. 

When the chips are down, our lads usually perform beyond themselves!

Fingers crossed! Long live the Come back kings!

Attack attack attack.

Pool to play 4 forwards.

Jota in the middle he is the only one that can score with Mane supporting on the left and Salah on the right.

With Firmino pulling strings behind and tackling Toni Kroos stoping his forward balls.

Double pivot of Fab and Thiago. Fab and Thiago to stop all the long balls to their strikers and shielding the 2 young CBs. 

Our two wing backs flying up the flanks and pumping balls in.

:D

Edited by Jamesc

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

Attack attack attack.

Pool to play 4 forwards.

Jota in the middle he is the only one that can score with Mane supporting on the left and Salah on the right.

With Firmino pulling strings behind and tackling Toni Kroos stoping his forward balls.

Double pivot of Fab and Thiago. Fab and Thiago to stop all the long balls to their strikers and shielding the 2 young CBs. 

Our two wing backs flying up the flanks and pumping balls in.

If we analyse the main failings in the 1st leg, it was cos the forwards did not press the defensive 3rd of RM high up the pitch.  Toni Kroos had all the time to spray his pass for the 1st goal. With 4 forwards, our pressing in and around the final 3rd will be enhanced so I certainly agreed to play all 4 forwards, esp since we have to score at least 2 goals to advance. there is no option to keep things safe and defensive.  

• Praise 1

Great minds think alike.

2 minutes ago, Fooblack said:

If we analyse the main failings in the 1st leg, it was cos the forwards did not press the defensive 3rd of RM high up the pitch.  Toni Kroos had all the time to spray his pass for the 1st goal. With 4 forwards, our pressing in and around the final 3rd will be enhanced so I certainly agreed to play all 4 forwards, esp since we have to score at least 2 goals to advance. there is no option to keep things safe and defensive.  

Madrid only have two threats.

Toni Kroos long pass and Vini Jr flying down our right wing.

TAA go up Fab have to cover right back.

And Firmino have to close down Kroos.

No Hazard no threat down the middle.

We can do it.

Even if they score one and we need 3.

Last 20 mins RM older players getting tired.

On 8/30/2020 at 11:04 AM, Hamburger said:

Gini is better off with koeman. We need the fund for Thiago. 

I so agree with this! Why can't they see that?

7 hours ago, Gizmore said:

You all si bei optimistic. But I like. Hope to wake up to good news.

Me too...I'll look forward to the good news before I sleep, dream of the good news while I sleep, wake up from my sleep to the good news that Pools is in semi...and Ramos breaks his kkj...😁

• Haha! 3