LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - 2020/21 Defending The Title

Picnic06-Biante15

30 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Maybe even Europa Conference league here we come.

:D

I thought would be European Super League here we come[:)]

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

Leceister's lead in the top 4 actually looks vulnerable.  Both itself and Chelsea have the toughest fixtures in the run in.  So, it is no done deal that their places in the top 4 is secured. 

WH and Pool's fixture lists on paper looks pretty manageable.  WH will play Chelsea and Everton while Pool is left with a tough fixture with Utd. 

So, it is really down to the last few games whereby if any club can put in a run to win 4-5 games in the remaining fixtures, they will likely clinch the top 4. 

On this note, it is looking less likely for Leceister and WH but more likely for Chelsea and Pool.  So, let's see how the games pan out.   

• Praise 2

If Pool no CL hard to attract new blood.

Our front 3 all 29/30 and Gini going and Milner getting on.

Even Hendo is no spring chic.

Even full backs we have no cover.

CL is really critical for this summer shopping.

Klopp made a mistake starting with only 2.5 centre backs.

Matip only available for half the time.

I exaggerate not even half.

We only really started with 2.25 centre backs.

• Praise 2

When no tall VVD we always gave a goal away from corners and free kicks.

Then Nat Philips got injured and again no tall defenders to head away the ball and we let a goal in.

Its so cruel with injuries to our normal CBs and even stand in CBs we cannot catch a break.

A corner was floated into the box and Diego Llorente towered above everyone before planting a header past a motionless Alisson.

Without Phillips, Liverpool lacked any presence.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

With the failed attempt to improve the financial position of their investments though the SEL, I am speculating that FSG may now actively look to sell their remaining shares in Pool. I believe this SEL has been a best cash opportunity in the works for a number of years and now that it has gone in ashes, the logical decision for FSG may be to monetise the rest of its shares given that the best case scenario is gone.  

Just coffeeshop uncle talk... but do watch this space. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

When no tall VVD we always gave a goal away from corners and free kicks.

Then Nat Philips got injured and again no tall defenders to head away the ball and we let a goal in.

Its so cruel with injuries to our normal CBs and even stand in CBs we cannot catch a break.

A corner was floated into the box and Diego Llorente towered above everyone before planting a header past a motionless Alisson.

Without Phillips, Liverpool lacked any presence.

i think the next worse impact is the loss of Fabinho in the middle of the park.  not just losing a best header of the ball in defence, we also lost Fabinho's commanding presence in the middle of the park.  Pool's recent rise in form is no coincidence, we need either Fabinho or Hendro in the midfield engine.   

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Liverpool is pretty shit this year, but Arsenal even worse

woke up to see it's beaten at home by Everton

and i read Arteta is highly rated manager? 🤨

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Scion said:

Liverpool is pretty shit this year, but Arsenal even worse

woke up to see it's beaten at home by Everton

and i read Arteta is highly rated manager? 🤨

well, guess all teams have their bad days (or weeks, or months, or season)... Losing at home is not a surprise for i think all the teams this season - at different times though.

but yes, arsenal is now a far cry from the time of the invincibles. Arteta played for Everton before Arsenal, maybe put water😂

but he's young, even though he has been assistant to Pep for a while. Not many young managers make it at big clubs. They need the experience to prepare them for the demands of a big club in a competitive league. usually by the time they have that under their belt, would be in their 40s. I didn't think Lampard would last long, but at least he stayed >a season. Steven Gerrard at least made a wiser move by going to a less competitive league and a relatively smaller club to start his managerial career. Hopefully he'll be prepared for higher-profile jobs in future.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1