LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - 2020/21 Defending The Title

Picnic06-Biante15

if you ask me, I prefer to get the tough fixtures out of the way.  Hence, Pool needs to start to well and put some distance between themselves and the competitors.  This is based on the past 2 seasons pattern.

if pool gets past the 1st 5 games relatively unscathed, I think we should be in good position to mount another serious attack on the title. Pool's festive and run-in fixtures are quite kind.   

• Praise 2

Minamino reportedly attracted interest from several other clubs including Manchester United and the 25-year-old revealed he sought advice from former Red Devil Shinji Kagawa over the move to Liverpool.

‘Yes, I said “What do you think?” when I was still thinking, I was still thinking because there were other options so…which club I can’t tell you,’ Minamino said. ‘Kagawa said, “He (Klopp) is a manager who has a good understanding of players”.

‘I wanted to listen to the words of Kagawa, who was together with Klopp.’

:grin:

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

The season starts sizzling in September!!!

We will start off with an interesting home game against Leeds then to Stamford bridge to face big spending (and promising) Chelsea before hosting Arsenal at Anfield.

We travel across Stanley Park to face Everton in October before heading for a showdown with Man City on 7 Nov followed by Rodger's Leicester City. Mouthwatering....

• Praise 1

Medical centre regulars league appearance stats for 19/20: 

Shaqiri - 7 league games (182min)

Matip - 9 league games (704min)

Keita - 18 league games (814min)

Oxlade-Chamberlain - 30 league games (1492min)

May not be a fair comparison as some players are deemed more important than others.

• Praise 3

image.png.882a9a730dc1950aa2a9e7decf01e8c5.png

The tallest player at the back is not VVD but our new CB Billy Koumetio.

I don't think we need to buy any new players except Thiago if Gini leaves as we also have Marko Grujic.

For CB to replace Lovren we have Sepp Van den Berg, Nat Phillips, Ki-Jana Hoever and Billy Koumetio.  

For forwards we have Rhian Brewster, Origi, Shakiri and that tasty Ajinamoto.

image.png.74d2e3e0168d8de9ae0291857a78e8eb.png

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 4

i managed to find a live stream and watched the 2nd half. Most not regular starters except gini (and to some extent milner), and didn't press to great effect. In fact, it seems like stuggart controlled the midfield and started more moves, but just couldn't get the final pass and was not clinical when they had the chances.

Hopefully the first half was much better. And also the players in 2nd half can develop better understanding to play the system effectively.

As the cam was fixed (not as pro as the big matches) on the left side of Pool, could see the new LB Tsimikas and Minamoto quite a bit, and Tsimikas looks like a decent chap. Mina had one or two good moves but just don't have the support and players to pass to upfront, where it was probably unfair to expect Brewster to be as effective as Firmino. Have to depend on Gini and Milner to do most of the control, as the rest of the team is perhaps not as accustomed to the regular style of play where the team has lots of control and possession.

Adrian was alert - and had to be - on the few occasions when required.

• Praise 4

3 hours ago, Atrecord said:

i managed to find a live stream and watched the 2nd half. Most not regular starters except gini (and to some extent milner), and didn't press to great effect. In fact, it seems like stuggart controlled the midfield and started more moves, but just couldn't get the final pass and was not clinical when they had the chances.

Hopefully the first half was much better. And also the players in 2nd half can develop better understanding to play the system effectively.

As the cam was fixed (not as pro as the big matches) on the left side of Pool, could see the new LB Tsimikas and Minamoto quite a bit, and Tsimikas looks like a decent chap. Mina had one or two good moves but just don't have the support and players to pass to upfront, where it was probably unfair to expect Brewster to be as effective as Firmino. Have to depend on Gini and Milner to do most of the control, as the rest of the team is perhaps not as accustomed to the regular style of play where the team has lots of control and possession.

Adrian was alert - and had to be - on the few occasions when required.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1