LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - 2020/21 Defending The Title

Picnic06-Biante15

Turbocharged

last day of being European Champs

tmr onwards, we will only be: English and World Champs 🙂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 5

no time to dwell on past glories. Pool must look forward to the new season which starts in 2 weeks. shortest pre-season ever so pressure is for the team get fit and sharp before the furry of the 1st 5 games come by.  

Still very concerned with the CB options.  Matip not fully fit too so we are really bare bones with VVD and Gomez available.  

Ox's injury is a shame. He will miss quite a fair bit of the season in the part whereby most non-starting 11 is trying jostle into the team. He will instead be receiving treatment and trying to get match fitness.I expect to see him more in action from Nov only. 

I think this season is also do or die for Keita. Another injury-prone player.  He needs to stake a claim for the starting 11 and play like 10-20 games in a row to be considered a firm starting 11. Incidentally, the player most likely to drop out would be Gini, given his on-going contractual issue.  

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

who u think will be main challengers in 2020/21?

for me:

1. Shitty => obvious for me

2. Chelski => they signing a truck load of quality players

3. Manure => still feel Bruno Fernandes is a good player but over hyped..

Recent LFC transfers all Thiago related. i hope he sign.. n Gini stay. perhaps we can sign Suarez as backup striker 😜

• Haha! 1

I hear Suarez being mentioned ... I think he is not the striker he used to be. Will he be disruptive in the dressing room? I don't think he fits Klopp's type of player. Klopp's players are all humble hardworking team players willing to fight for a common cause. I am not sure if Suarez is that type of player though in his hey day ... he can turn a game! To be honest ... I think he was more deadly than Torres.

In some of the FB posts, I keep hearing LFC fans being disgruntled about LFC not signing anyone and how FSG is being stingy.

We have such short memories. Let's keep the faith. Who did we sign in 2019 after we lost by a single point?

Sepp van den Berg – PEC Zwolle – £1.3m.

Harvey Elliott – Fulham – Tribunal TBD.

Adrian – West Ham – Free Transfer. 

Andy Lonergan – Middlesbrough – Free Transfer.

Takumi Minamino – Salzburg – £7.25m.

... and what happened? We won the league by 18 points.  Klopp knows what is needed and I say ... trust the guy! He did bring us the title after 30 years without signing anyone in 2019!

• Praise 5

As much as I like Luis Suarez as a player in LFC days, I am not so sure if we should welcome him back to our current LFC setup. Reasons are as follow:

(1) We have already change the way we play and he may no longer fit in;

(2) He's passed his golden years and with his aging legs, not sure if he could still continue running through out 90 mins;

(3) He's not a guarantee starter with our Front 3 pretty much unchallenged unless injured. With his big egos, I am sure he will not be happy sitting on the bench and may cause disruptions in the dressing room.

(4) Last but not least, he is not for free. Even if he is on a free, his wages is going to be huge and I am sure we can find better buys elsewhere. 

That's my two cents worth.

• Praise 2

22 hours ago, Cauldron said:

I watched the second half. He came in half way through, after van den berg was (afterwards i read) injured.

Decent start for him as LFC player, but of course no where near the type of control that we're so used to seeing when VVD plays. Hopefully he'll improved quickly together with the other youngsters.

• Praise 1

Suarez was overboard in last season's UCL semi-finals, both when winning, and when losing.

He was a fantastic player, and would have suited Klopp's counter-pressing style perfectly. At his prime.

Unfortunately, every player grows old, and he's reached that stage already. He has maybe just one more season, before i think it would be good for him to take a step back in his career, either playing in lower league, or hanging up his boots gradually. We'd seen great players like SG and Carra taking that route. He's almost there. 

We need a good plan B to step in/up when the trio is not available/on-form, and the plan B will likely have to become plan A in maybe 2 years' time, at most. So naturally Suarez doesn't fit the bill. LFC had signed many famous old strikers - some on sentimental reasons - before and they didn't really/all work out. Rush, Fowler, Morientes, Litmanen, Lambert, etc. It would be a shame to have another join this not so nice list...

But he's a fighter, and if he could lose a few kg, adopting the same mentality as McAllister, then if free and is willing to take a big pay cut, it might be worth considering. Then again, the main reason he left was he wanted to live with his gf in Spain. So if that hasn't changed, then no point even talking.

• Praise 4

Liverpool: Alisson, Williams, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Keita, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Milner, Grujic, Jones, Minamino, Tsimikas, Brewster, Phillips, Hoever, Elliott, Van den Berg, Koumetio

Looks like origi, shaqiri n karius gone case liao

• Praise 1

i forgot about it, and started watching only at half hour mark... how come like their players all hungrier and faster huh? They too on for a friendly, or we too slack?

• Praise 2

47 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

i forgot about it, and started watching only at half hour mark... how come like their players all hungrier and faster huh? They too on for a friendly, or we too slack?

too slack in passing 

I believe lacking match fitness as compare to salzburg

• Praise 2

Is Austria league ahead of epl in terms of start date? How come they so fit?

Anyway good that can manage to escape defeat...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2