New dual-currency EZ-Link x Touch ‘n Go Card lets S’porean motorists pay for tolls & shopping in M’sia easily

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

New dual-currency EZ-Link x Touch ‘n Go Card lets S’porean motorists pay for tolls & shopping in M’sia easily

source: https://www.greatdeals.com.sg/2020/08/18/ez-link-touch-n-go-card

ez-link-touch-n-go-card-628x330.jpg.webp

EZ-Link has just launched a new smart card that comes with dual currency for use in Malaysia.

EZ-Link x Touch ‘n Go Card

Created to save the hassle of owning two or more cards when travelling across the border to Johor or other Malaysian cities, the new EZ-Link x Touch ‘n Go comes with dual currency support (SGD and MYR) in a single card.

That means travellers can simply make payments for highway and checkpoint tolls, parking, shopping and dining purchases using the new card.

ez-link-touch-n-go-info.jpg.webp

In Singapore, motorists can also use the card for ERP, checkpoint tolls and selected carpark fees.

giphy.gif

The dual currency card arrived just in time, as the cross-border travel between Singapore and Malaysia gets a reboot from 17 August.

How to top up?

According to EZ-Link, the card holds two electronic purses and top-ups done in Singapore will only be in SGD and will not auto-convert to Malaysian Ringgit.

For topping up ringgit, you can refer to this list (or see image below) for top-up locations with no reload fee in Malaysia provided by Touch ‘n Go.

list-of-touch-n-go-top-up-locations.jpg.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

This EZlink card have two purse, so when i tap the card at spore and msia custom, the system would prompt me which purse to select and then would deduct correctly?

Too bad still need to go to msia to top up the Ringgit purse. If not also cannot use this card at msia custom?

• Praise 1

Never state if the ezlink purse can be used to pay for toll charges in Malaysia. If cannot then not much use lah. Will be just like holdind 1 card instead of w cards, but seperate efforts to use the 2 functions.

If got option to use 1 purse to pay for services in the other purse with currency rate stated would be ideal. Most would not mind the extra cents for the convenience. 

22 minutes ago, Kangadrool said:

WTF, this not so EZ link card cannot use in SG to pay for MRT, bus and retail? Another white elephant card.

Yah, this makes no sense to me unless it was an omission. But this is meant to be targeted toward drivers so not such a biggie to me, oh well. 

30 minutes ago, Kangadrool said:

WTF, this not so EZ link card cannot use in SG to pay for MRT, bus and retail? Another white elephant card.

Thought it says can use this card to pay for bus and MRT fares?

then what about those whom installed the VEP thingy which was so strongly touted and then I heard abandoned or postponed......... really con job or what all this ......  

• Haha! 5

Does the malaysian TNG app work for reloading yet?

Prolly cannot integrate the systems when other side version simply doesnt work properly

• Praise 1

https://www.ezlink.com.sg/ez-link-x-touch-n-go-faqs

5 Can I use the EZ-Link x Touch ‘n Go Motoring Card for public transit payments in Singapore in the future?

No, the EZ-Link x Touch ‘n Go Motoring Card cannot be used for public transit payments in Singapore.

7 Will my funds be auto converted to Malaysian Ringgit once I have topped up in Singapore?

The top-up done in Singapore will be in SGD into your SGD purse and the funds can only be used in Singapore. The funds will not be auto converted to Malaysian Ringgit. The EZ-Link x Touch ‘n Go Motoring Card holds two electronic purses within one card and funds are not transferable between the purses.

9 Can I top up the EZ-Link purse in Malaysia and/or the Touch ‘n Go purse in Singapore in the future?

Due to regulatory restriction, cross-border top-up is not allowed. Please top up the individual purses in your card at the respective touchpoints.

15 Can I add my Touch ‘n Go purse into the Touch ‘n Go eWallet?

Yes, you can add your Touch ‘n GO purse by keying in the serial / MFG number into the Touch ‘n Go eWallet for PayDirect.

PayDirect allows you to pass through tolls with your added Touch 'n Go Card(s), but toll fees will be deducted directly from your Touch ‘n Go eWallet.

For more information, please visit https://www.tngdigital.com.my/paydirect

• Praise 5

2 minutes ago, yishunite said:

Does the malaysian TNG app work for reloading yet?

Prolly cannot integrate the systems when other side version simply doesnt work properly

Malaysia TnG App has nvr allow reload into the card.

On the other hand, for toll with paydirect facility, toll charges will be deducted from App rather than card.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
1 hour ago, BanCoe said:

then what about those whom installed the VEP thingy which was so strongly touted and then I heard abandoned or postponed......... really con job or what all this ......  

As expected lor. Which is why I highly doubt RTS will succeed. Hahah. Another con job by up north. 
I swear I’ll never ever put any money there. The only “money” I hold there is in my TnG card. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

I still like my watson Touch & Go card. hahaha.

I also  2nd support this Malaysia Watson Touch n Go card.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
13 minutes ago, Kangadrool said:

Tell us the secrets. LOL

The secrets is you can collect watsons points when you buy things like condoms, mens supplement and pregnancy kits. 🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

27 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

The secrets is you can collect watsons points when you buy things like condoms, mens supplement and pregnancy kits. 🤣

Thank U for the info ....... you are always ahead of @Angcheek

• Haha! 3

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

I still like my watson Touch & Go card. hahaha.

yeah i am using that also... top up at watson so easy.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1