Where to get car key shell?

Philipkee

9 hours ago, Vinceng said:

@Philipkee

That  looks like a Hyundai key. Did you use your nails to press the keys? Should use your thumb instead. 

Try Soxxi Master to replace the shell

https://www.stcars.sg/motoring-directory-view/soxxi-master-mid-11588

8 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

The Marsilly  car  at the background you still say hyundai? I never drive Marsilly before so I don't know how the key will look like lah😄😄.

I just saw this post :D Wasnt reading this cos nothing on car shell.

yea @Vinceng is correct.  Hyundai car key.  The same accent I bought in 2017....  i took the picture at the MSCP.  Didn't notice the Marsilly on the background cos I was walking and decided to snap.

Note to self.  If I ever get a girl friend and I wanna take a picture of my car key, don't anyhow stand in front of bridal shop or geylang :D In fact, never take a selfie near these two places, single or attached.   :D

• Haha! 1

(edited)
8 hours ago, 13177 said:

Pai seh, i first time hear the car remote shell can press until become like that de? 😅

It's my first time too.  Even my avante for 7.5 years the key never end up like this.....:psychotic:

Edited by Philipkee
  • Haha! 1

21 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

It's my first time too.  Even my avante for 7.5 years the key never end up like this.....:psychotic:

That key is made in Korea. You must be quite rough in handling it. Haha....

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

14 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

My spare key.  I starting to wonder if it can last....

20200820_074223.jpg

54 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

Fat chance it's made in Korea. I bet the suppliers of key fob are all Chinese.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Philipkee said:

I just saw this post :D Wasnt reading this cos nothing on car shell.

yea @Vinceng is correct.  Hyundai car key.  The same accent I bought in 2017....  i took the picture at the MSCP.  Didn't notice the Marsilly on the background cos I was walking and decided to snap.

Note to self.  If I ever get a girl friend and I wanna take a picture of my car key, don't anyhow stand in front of bridal shop or geylang :D In fact, never take a selfie near these two places, single or attached.   :D

Try Google using these words ...."hyundai key fob cover replacement" , hope you can find a solution from shopee or lazada .

29 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Try Google using these words ...."hyundai key fob cover replacement" , hope you can find a solution from shopee or lazada .

I did google but two things concern me.

1)  Not sure if they fit.  It looks like they fit but I am famous for famous last words 

2)  on YouTube it looks easy to dismantle and refit but I know I did the same thing with my Trek Bike and a helpful stranger had to help me.

The one on just replacing rubber pad looks more clear cut and easy. I probably will go for that.  Of cos after I order and the rubber pad come, hope you don't see a new thread what to do with a broken key fob with rubber pad glued onto the microchip

:D

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Philipkee said:

I did google but two things concern me.

1)  Not sure if they fit.  It looks like they fit but I am famous for famous last words 

2)  on YouTube it looks easy to dismantle and refit but I know I did the same thing with my Trek Bike and a helpful stranger had to help me.

The one on just replacing rubber pad looks more clear cut and easy. I probably will go for that.  Of cos after I order and the rubber pad come, hope you don't see a new thread what to do with a broken key fob with rubber pad glued onto the microchip

:D

Yah if it is cheap, buy and try, if does not work, post some questions here to keep the busybody MCFers busy. Be careful of the background when taking the next photo.  If still does not work ,  send it to one of the keys shops and see if they  are willing to fit it for you and pay them a fee , be thick skin. Worst case, change car 😅😅

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 1

There are a couple of stores in the basement of Beauty World Centre, one just next to Giant that I go to for gate remote controls.

I'm pretty sure they have all the keys and and I think empty shells to replace, but I don't know the price.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

The AliExpress ones are so cheap to try. I’m sure YouTube has videos to show how to open the case. 
I won’t pay any of the local key shops. They all cut throat! 
anyhow they can also damage your key when opening, and all that you will get is a sorry lor! 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

5 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Fat chance it's made in Korea. I bet the suppliers of key fob are all Chinese.

Knowing the Chinese, very likely they pasted the fake "made in Korea" sticker on the key fob.

IMG_20200820_141415~2.jpg

Edited by Vinceng
  • Shocked 1

Ok.  Fixed.  I just cut out the buttons of my existing key and fit in the new one.  Put a bit of super glue to attach it plus silicone cover to make sure nothing falls out. 

Total damage = $1.28

IMG-20200902-WA0011.jpeg

IMG-20200902-WA0013.jpeg

• Praise 1

Someone was asking where to get the pad.  

Its here.  

Can't seem to display the link.  I got it from aliexpress. 

Screenshot_20200902-205331_AliExpress.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1