Man argue with bus captain over mask

Thaiyotakamli

He should not accuse a person for being racist just because he does not speak English. 

Frankly neither do I know if his mask is following the  guidelines of MOH, i thought a mask should have  a metal clip on top to press the mask against the nose bridge? If his so called mask is approved, then MOH should be blamed for not doing sufficient public education,  because i don't know too.😃 and if this can be a mask, can someone use a cloth and hang on his face ?  Or a scarf?

The police officer seemed to have agreed that his mask was allowed?

Next, why was he so special? why can't he just put on a bloody proper mask to avoid confusion?  Is he an attention seeker ?

The driver was doing his job, even if his understanding  of a mask was wrong , how could he scold the bus driver MF ?

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 8

That is not even a mask. Bandana is not allowed. 

Kick him off the bus. It's a public transport!! 

I am very impressed by bus driver professional attitude. Again, useless police man don't know his stuff. 

Edited by Hamburger
  • Praise 10
  • Haha! 2

Ban him from travelling from all forms of public transport ...... nuisance ...... disrupting other people’s travel and public service 

• Praise 10

Twincharged
5 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

He should not accuse a person for being racist just because he does not speak English. 

Frankly neither do I know if his mask is following the  guidelines of MOH, i thought a mask should have  a metal clip on top to press the mask against the nose bridge? If his so called mask is approved, then MOH should be blamed for not doing sufficient public education,  because i don't know too.😃 and if this can be a mask, can someone use a cloth and hang on his face ?  Or a scarf?

The police officer seemed to have agreed that his mask was allowed?

Next, why was he so special? why can't he just put on a bloody proper mask to avoid confusion?  Is he an attention seeker ?

The driver was doing his job, even if his understanding  of a mask was wrong , how could he scold the bus driver MF ?

SOP nowadays ... anything happen ...

step 1 : take out phone

step two : record video or facebook live.

step three : hold up the rest of the world because one feels he is being singled out

step four : when all else fails, play the racist / discrimitory card.

step five : always say no time to take the proper process to mitigate an issue.

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 4

Twincharged
4 hours ago, Hamburger said:

I am very impressed by bus driver professional attitude. Again, useless police man don't know his stuff. 

the joker kenah stumped when Officer Wu asked for the online purchase website to verifiy if the item was advertised as a mask or not. nobody was asking for the receipt to prove his ownership but only wanted to know if the item was sold as a mask or as a scarf.

I really hope that the authorities will take this up so as not to let people test the system for no apparent reasons. if they don't stamp this down, next time ppl can just wrap a piece of tissue paper over their mouth and nose and call it a mask also.

• Praise 10

it is quite loose on what can be called a mask as long as it covers the nose and mouth, scarf can also consider one for some women i saw wearing.

P.S. many food delivery riders also wear bandana.

• Praise 2

8 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Who is right here? Is this mask legal? 

What? Another one similar to sovereign woman? 😂

Just shove him down the bus and stop wasting everybody's previous time.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

6 hours ago, Hamburger said:

The police man role is to police. Not make judgement on who is right or who is wrong.

And hence we arrive at a hokkien slogan.

Smart is good enough. Try not to be too smart for your own good.

Always avoid a conflict and end up with tons of messy paper work.

Its just a job. ...

• Praise 4

i think the bus cpt have all the right and power to make his call. if he decide u cannot board his bus mean u cannot board. the police also cannot over right him. 

in fact the police should assist the bus cpt to excise his authority.

any passengers not happy can bring up complain to the sbs lta bababa, but at that moment he must cooperate or be arrest

• Praise 16

Twincharged
8 minutes ago, Beregond said:

i think the bus cpt have all the right and power to make his call. if he decide u cannot board his bus mean u cannot board. the police also cannot over right him. 

in fact the police should assist the bus cpt to excise his authority.

any passengers not happy can bring up complain to the sbs lta bababa, but at that moment he must cooperate or be arrest

Just like an aeroplane captain can also refuse carriage to his passengers.

Not happy,  too bad, take it up with management,  do not be a nuisance to others. 

• Praise 8

6 hours ago, Hamburger said:

I see some food delivery riders wearing this. I think it is allowed, as there are no definitions of a proper face mask in the law.

That's why in the western countries, they use the term "face covering" which includes scarfs, bandanas and neck gaiters.

However, youtube video experiments have shown that it is less effective than proper face masks in stopping power, but better than nothing.

Anyway, small matter only, and comms is probably difficult between the two.

Nowadays all these people, little thing also quickly claim racist. To me, it's more like inferiority complex...

• Praise 8

Internal Moderator
12 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Who is right here? Is this mask legal? 

Our Singaporean friend is right. Indeed it is a "mask". It is similar to a type of face covering I use when I'm riding a motorcycle, much like a bandana, head buff, balaclava they serve the same purpose and that is to keep you covered up, protect your helmet from gunk and sweat. If the criteria of a face mask is simply to cover up your mouth and nose then he has certainly achieved that but if  we are talking about wearing a mask to protect others (and indirectly ourselves because it is everybody's effort) from our droplets then no.

Face mask aside, his attitude towards the bus driver is a good example of being xenophobic and playing the race card unnecessarily. Sad to admit but one of the facts that COVID-19 has further highlighted to me is that Singapore cannot do without our foreign workers and talents. But what we do need to do is to find a balance, how much is too much? But we NEED them. This is a fact. 

I call a spade a spade. A minority race is equally capable of being racist and if you're being xenophobic then you don't deserve to play the race card, which in this context, non existent.

• Praise 8