CK Tangs is damm stupid to disallow malay promoters wearing headscarf

Jusnel

Supercharged
7 hours ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

We're talking about wearing a headscarf. How does it affect anyone else and how it is any less professional? We're either religiously tolerant or we are not - no point pretending Singapore is tolerant when we accept such shitty behavior.

They aren't asking to go around in a bikini leh.

Headscarf is a big thing (somehow). In France there was also years of debate over covering head, as they also felt it was against the spirit of state secularism.

Anyway as I have posted before, in religious matters, no amount of forum arguing will help to come to any conclusion. You say A, I say B.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Galantspeedz said:

I lean to the liberal way of thoughts. 

The idea of any discrimination is never in my thoughts. We live in 21st century and diverse environment. 

Why shld food be dictated by language?

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Galantspeedz said:

Storm in a teacup.

Only the original stomper offended.

Those who need Halal food have to be careful themselves. Just like vegetarians cannot assume a stall displaying vegetable dishes and the word vegetable written on the stall sign is truly meatless.

• Praise 3

Supercharged
On 8/24/2020 at 10:08 AM, Philipkee said:

I give a neutral example.  Last time in the hospital, a Malay nurse manager wanted to be nice to the chinese staff in the dept on CNY eve and seeing that the dept was free, she let the Chinese staff who were working on evening shift to go back early (since only a few Chinese were working on CNY eve evening anyway) to have reunion dinner.  Then came someone of another race and asked to go back early.  The  nurse manager rejected cos she was not celebrating CNY.

The staff then lodged a complaint saying the nurse manager was biased even though she was just being nice.  And after that, no more such benefits were given, regardless of it being CNY, hari raya etc...

My company also has such practice. Every Vesak holiday eve, our Indian colleagues gets half day early release from work. Same for Malay colleagues during Hari Raya eve. But everyone gets the half day during CNY & Christmas eve. Don't ask me why liddat? I just call it the HR practice. I need the job, so I abide by it. Won't die lah...

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Victor68 said:

My little knowledge about the Malay language , it is not only spoken by Muslim especially in Indonesia. Go to Bali to have a tour for a better understanding. 

No need so far lar... sg have nonya liao lol

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Jusnel said:

I lean to the liberal way of thoughts. 

The idea of any discrimination is never in my thoughts. We live in 21st century and diverse environment. 

Why shld food be dictated by language?

Agree but means next time before order from shop must open eyes first lol

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Didu said:

My company also has such practice. Every Vesak holiday eve, our Indian colleagues gets half day early release from work. Same for Malay colleagues during Hari Raya eve. But everyone gets the half day during CNY & Christmas eve. Don't ask me why liddat? I just call it the HR practice. I need the job, so I abide by it. Won't die lah...

So the logic is that those who go off on the eve are celebrating the festival.

CNY is a cultural celebration, not religious, so fair enough, everyone gets the eve off. 

But christmas? Conveniently, everyone "celebrate"? [laugh] You see, when it is advantageous to oneself, one does not complain.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1

5 hours ago, Galantspeedz said:

Agree but means next time before order from shop must open eyes first lol

Of coz! In every transaction of any kind (not just food), its Buyer Beware caveat right?

20 hours ago, Galantspeedz said:

I guess carried to the end... one could say all Muslim stalls must use Arabic.... 🤔

Muslim stalls CANNOT have English menu,too? In case they mislead non muslims into eating halal. 

Minefield...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

19 minutes ago, Playtime said:

I guess carried to the end... one could say all Muslim stalls must use Arabic.... 🤔

Muslim stalls CANNOT have English menu,too? In case they mislead non muslims into eating halal. 

Minefield...

Ya lor... 

23 hours ago, Galantspeedz said:

It's kind of stupid to relate language to religion. 

Someone speaks only English, do we assume he's a Christian?

Someone speaks Chinese,  we assume he's Buddhist or Taoist?

Someone speaks Tamil or Hindi, we assume he's a Hindu?

Someone only speaks some unknown tribal language, and do we assume he's a cannibal?

Talk about stereotyping, this is the extreme definition of it 

• Praise 4

44 minutes ago, Jusnel said:

It's kind of stupid to relate language to religion. 

Someone speaks only English, do we assume he's a Christian?

Someone speaks Chinese,  we assume he's Buddhist or Taoist?

Someone speaks Tamil or Hindi, we assume he's a Hindu?

Someone only speaks some unknown tribal language, and do we assume he's a cannibal?

Talk about stereotyping, this is the extreme definition of it 

real experience.

saw katong laksa... bought... tasted veryyy different... only to be told its halal.

bought bak chor mee.... immediately tasted "wrong".... its chicken ... also halal.

just need to learn to read first and not assume next time.😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2