End of Internet Explorer

RickyWee

https://mothership.sg/2020/08/internet-explorer/

Microsoft to end Internet Explorer by Aug. 17, 2021

image.png.f8a45c3daf9bfda4919718b1867a7555.png

Tech-giant Microsoft has announced on Aug. 17 that it will gradually stop supporting its web browser Internet Explorer (IE).

According to the Microsoft 365 blog, Microsoft Teams web app will stop supporting IE 11 from Nov. 30, 2020.

The remaining Microsoft 365 apps and services will stop supporting IE 11 from Aug. 17, 2021, about one year from now.

Replacing IE will be the Microsoft Edge, which is more similar to Google Chrome as it is based on Google's Chromium open-source project.

This new browser also supports Chrome browser extensions and have the features that you find on Google Chrome.

Microsoft users will instead transit to a new Microsoft Edge browser. The Edge browser will be part of the new devices and future Windows feature updates.

The Microsoft 365 blog explained that the new Edge browser will provide a better online experience:

"Customers have been using IE 11 since 2013 when the online environment was much less sophisticated than the landscape today. Since then, open web standards and newer browsers—like the new Microsoft Edge—have enabled better, more innovative online experiences."

Internet Explorer was released 25 years ago, in August 1995.

It was once the most-used web browser globally, with 95 per cent user share in 2003.

With the rise of other alternatives such as Firefox and Google Chrome, Internet Explorer began losing its dominance, BBC reported in 2010.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, RickyWee said:

image.png.f8a45c3daf9bfda4919718b1867a7555.png

Tech-giant Microsoft has announced on Aug. 17 that it will gradually stop supporting its web browser Internet Explorer (IE).

According to the Microsoft 365 blog, Microsoft Teams web app will stop supporting IE 11 from Nov. 30, 2020.

The remaining Microsoft 365 apps and services will stop supporting IE 11 from Aug. 17, 2021, about one year from now.

Replacing IE will be the Microsoft Edge, which is more similar to Google Chrome as it is based on Google's Chromium open-source project.

This new browser also supports Chrome browser extensions and have the features that you find on Google Chrome.

Microsoft users will instead transit to a new Microsoft Edge browser. The Edge browser will be part of the new devices and future Windows feature updates.

The Microsoft 365 blog explained that the new Edge browser will provide a better online experience:

"Customers have been using IE 11 since 2013 when the online environment was much less sophisticated than the landscape today. Since then, open web standards and newer browsers—like the new Microsoft Edge—have enabled better, more innovative online experiences."

It was once the most-used web browser globally, with 95 per cent user share in 2003.

With the rise of other alternatives such as Firefox and Google Chrome, Internet Explorer began losing its dominance, BBC reported in 2010.

No loss. I have not been using IE since I was primary school.

Mozilla FTW!

1 minute ago, Dp26 said:

I always wonder who would still use IE if given a chance? 

it’s like slow slow slooooooooowwwwwww

First thing I install windows is to use IE to download another browser.

Then I junk IE aside use the other browsers.

So I did use IE, but once only.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, RickyWee said:

It's more like with the rise of hackers did IE lose it's top spot :grin:

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Kb27 said:

same as me, first thing to download is Chrome. then download the rest of the items from here. 

Edited by Dafansu

19 hours ago, Kb27 said:

You only used her for her body... once she gave birth to the babies you want,  you abandoned her... you ran away with younger sexier ones... so terrible.. #metoo 🤣

• Haha! 1

There is no impact.. No one will bother.. Coz using chrome or Edge is like the same thing, can use Internet, perform very well and its free.. So who cares. 

Edited by Yewheng

(edited)
1 hour ago, Dafansu said:

why don't use chrome, i find it rather good after trying out so many 

I have been using chrome/firefox for coming to a decade.

Edited by Kopites

34 minutes ago, Kopites said:

I have been using chrome/firefox for coming to a decade.

Yah I use IE

only to download Chrome 😂

1 minute ago, RadX said:

Yah I use IE

only to download Chrome 😂

The default practice when getting a new pc. Power on look for IE for downloading. Subsequently  disable the icon. See no evil. Touch no evil.

Now got to use microsoft edge for installing chrome I reckon. Hahaha

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Kopites said:

The default practice when getting a new pc. Power on look for IE for downloading. Subsequently  disable the icon. See no evil. Touch no evil.

Now got to use microsoft edge for installing chrome I reckon. Hahaha

Edge is quite good

same architecture as chrome 

• Praise 1

Just now, Dafansu said:

@RadX alot of my kids homebased learning for primary sch when using Edge doesn't seems to work well. 

Ask NCS hahhahah 

bloody clowns most prolly never patched and are on legacy systems

↡ Advertisement