Singapore to allow general travel to Brunei, New Zealand

Mockngbrd

1 hour ago, Ody_2004 said:

Guess so.. but current figure maybe just a knee jerk reaction for those that need to come back..

RGL may take awhile I think 

Before RGL/PCA, I think there are at least 6 flight per week.

↡ Advertisement

9 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Before RGL/PCA, I think there are at least 6 flight per week.

Ya heard from my brother each way normally abt 30 pax tiah.. those repatriate flight..

My bro quite heng lah.. his type of plane is used mainly now, Airbus 350-900.. sending essential items and some time send pple home.. he is in Auckland now  

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, Wind30 said:

arent they already doing this with nz and brunei. first step is to unilaterally open our border

I meant a more agreesive and concerted plan to get people to travel by offering attractive incentives. With the infrastructure costing so much money just to maintain, might as well offer cheap flights and discount hotel rates with partner hotels to bring people inbound and outbound to kickstart the economy. Just target China market will do for now.

9 hours ago, Wind30 said:

noboby is blaming the CEO for the drop in revenue. I do think that over hedging responsibility end with him... he is the CEO. And fuel hedges are worth BILLIONS of dollars... 

We are not talking about some hedging to reduce fluctuations. SIA did something out of industry norm, it is like a bet or something... If you did something "clever" or "different" you really should take responsibility if it does not work out.

"Singapore Airlines has a hedging policy very different to those of many carriers. They are the only carrier hedging their fuel needs up to 60 months in advance, and the sudden drop in the price of crude oil caused by the COVID-19 pandemic is likely to cause significant losses for the airline in the fuel hedging department until 2025.

At the end of January 2020, Singapore Airlines had hedged 79% of its fuel requirements for February and March at an average price of $76 per barrel, the Singapore Business Times reported. For the full fiscal year ending on March 31, the airline had hedged 73% of its fuel needs at a price corresponding to $58 per barrel.

After the COVID-19 outbreak, the price of crude oil collapsed to reach a record low — close to $10 per barrel — and it is now trading close to $30 per barrel. Singapore Airlines has already hedged 59 percent of its fuel needs for the next four years at prices above $50 per barrel, meaning the airline is vastly overpaying for the time being.

While it is not uncommon for many international carriers to use fuel hedging tools to reduce the risks of price volatility for a 12-month time horizon, very few carriers buy fuel more than two years in advance. Southwest Airlines and Japanese carriers Japan Airlines and All Nippon Airways are among the carriers hedging fuel over a period of three years or longer, an analyst at Morgan Stanley told the Singapore Business Times."

https://airlinegeeks.com/2020/05/17/singapore-airlines-posts-heavy-losses-over-ineffective-fuel-hedging/

Deleted.. 

Edited by Yewheng

9 hours ago, Wind30 said:

arent they already doing this with nz and brunei. first step is to unilaterally open our border

Just now I fetch an ang moh family.. They are talking and apparently they said about what stay home notice for one of their family member or friends of what. Not too sure. So there are still people coming in Singapore even with stay home notice. Of coz the number is not a lot. So with new Zealand, Brunei no stay home notice from 1st September, expect number of people coming from these 2 countries to go up. People come to Singapore for various reasons. Not only for leasure travel, some for business purpose, some come here for work, some new job over here, some visit family, some visit friends and etc.. 

Edited by Yewheng

18 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

https://mothership.sg/2020/08/scoot-passengers-tianjin-covid-19/

13 passengers on Scoot flight from S'pore to Tianjin, China, tested positive for Covid-19

Are we really as clean as pappies bragged?

Is the low community count substantiated?

I had express this concerns numerous times in COVID19 thread.

My concern had been brushed off unnecessary.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Kyrios said:

13 passengers on Scoot flight from S'pore to Tianjin, China, tested positive for Covid-19

locally, ownself rate Gold standard

go out become xia suay? 😬

wow ... 1 flight 13 passengers are positive [sweatdrop] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

20 hours ago, Kyrios said:

I think now there is a problem. Different countries have different set of testing standards and also test kit, this create problem. Like what we see in the case of flight from Singapore to tianjin now. Actually we also see what is happening from flight from India to Singapore. There need to have a common understanding on the testing standard and test kit so that the world can align with, not like now different countries different standard. 

2 hours ago, Yewheng said:

I think now there is a problem. Different countries have different set of testing standards and also test kit, this create problem. Like what we see in the case of flight from Singapore to tianjin now. Actually we also see what is happening from flight from India to Singapore. There need to have a common understanding on the testing standard and test kit so that the world can align with, not like now different countries different standard. 

Except for Green Lane, there is no testing protocol for outbound passengers. 

All countries will do testing on inbound passengers.

For all RT-PCR test there is only 1 standard.

For rapid test kit, different manufacturer has different accuracy.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

9 New Zealand Customs workers sacked for refusing vaccine

The New Zealand authorities have sacked nine Customs workers over their refusal to be inoculated against Covid-19, including four from a single provincial port.

The dismissal was ostensibly because alternative roles could not be found for the workers and came as more trouble hit the New Zealand-Australia travel bubble overnight.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/australianz/9-new-zealand-customs-workers-sacked-for-refusing-vaccine#:~:text=The New Zealand authorities have,from a single provincial port.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

Supersonic

Hats off to the kiwis. They have elected the right government to steer them through this crisis. Well done.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
40 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Hats off to the kiwis. They have elected the right government to steer them through this crisis. Well done.

wah ... isn't amdk always talk about human rights ... my body my choice? [laugh] 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
4 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

wah ... isn't amdk always talk about human rights ... my body my choice? [laugh] 

Yes they are, but a politician is also a good communicator to get people's buy-in. Somehow it works in NZ.

10 hours ago, Wt_know said:

Maybe that's why they took the softest stance on China among the 5 eyes alliance 

Supercharged
11 hours ago, Atonchia said:

Maybe that's why they took the softest stance on China among the 5 eyes alliance 

China happens to be NZ's biggest trading partner. Hence, lembek. Even the garang Duterte also don't dare to say out loud.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2