Engine Oil Turn Colour After using Xpower

Notitwain

7 minutes ago, Contipro said:

noted your advise: greenish coolant mix with engine oil = engine oil will turn greenish. 

Most private workshops will prefer to use green coolant as it's easy for the mechanic to identify there is a leak. If it's red coolant it's not easy to identify.

↡ Advertisement

10 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I still warm up no matter what. just to make sure the lubricant is flowing in every part of my engine first. 🤣

Recently I need to wait at least 5 mins for temperature to reach operating level before I drive off otherwise sometimes the idling rpm will get stuck get 1500,1800 or even 2000....can visualise the petrol wasting away. 

Already checked and cleaned TB and got new IAC liao... 😔 Happened again this morning. 

3 minutes ago, Phluvcat said:

Recently I need to wait at least 5 mins for temperature to reach operating level before I drive off otherwise sometimes the idling rpm will get stuck get 1500,1800 or even 2000....can visualise the petrol wasting away. 

Already checked and cleaned TB and got new IAC liao... 😔 Happened again this morning. 

Is it time to replace the radiator thermostat? It's suppose to help warm up your engine on cold starts.

8 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Is it time to replace the radiator thermostat? It's suppose to help warm up your engine on cold starts.

The temperature is showing normal leh. Btw this started way before 7 month. 

18 minutes ago, Phluvcat said:

The temperature is showing normal leh. Btw this started way before 7 month. 

I think the thermostat is stuck in open position.

https://axleaddict.com/auto-repair/How-to-Determine-if-a-Cars-Engine-Thermostat-is-Stuck

You scroll down to Thermostat Symptom Tests and Explanations.

On the table you try the 3rd cold engine test.

Cold engine test: Start the engine. Time how long it takes the engine to warm up enough to produce heat when the heater is turned on.

Provided your car has a heater function (from the air conditioning).

If it takes more than five minutes for the heater to produce heat, it is a sign that the thermostat is stuck open, allowing all the coolant to flow all the time. This causes it to take a good deal longer for the engine to warm up.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Watwheels said:

I think the thermostat is stuck in open position.

https://axleaddict.com/auto-repair/How-to-Determine-if-a-Cars-Engine-Thermostat-is-Stuck

You scroll down to Thermostat Symptom Tests and Explanations.

On the table you try the 3rd cold engine test.

Provided your car has a heater function (from the air conditioning).

Thank you boss! 

Internal Moderator
8 hours ago, Phluvcat said:

Boss u tasted? 

No lah. Hahahha. If I drink, I can only talk to you this month leh.hahahah.  They always say cannot anyhow throw your coolant, the dog and cat will drink it.

Must dispose it correctly.

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
8 hours ago, Phluvcat said:

Need a remap liao. 😎

13 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

I still warm up no matter what. just to make sure the lubricant is flowing in every part of my engine first. 🤣

Just move off slowly in Carpark will do....Warm up better this way.

• Praise 5

Supercharged
13 hours ago, Phluvcat said:

Just need a few seconds (10-20) to ensure the oil pump deliver the lubricant to all parts of engine first

Then slowly move out of carpark. Should hit operating temp in a few minutes of easy driving. This shouldn't harm your engine

Easier than stressed out trying to wait in car park lot.

On 8/24/2020 at 9:14 AM, kobayashiGT said:

2 problem bro.. 

1. If someone wants to pautao you, Oneservice app with video will get you a fine for idleing with engine on.

2. IF really worried, which you shouldn't be for your year of manufacture. leave driver door open, put ignition to on without starting. See if you hear a whining sound. Sound be the fuel and motor pump priming. Wait for 3 secs then start ... 

else wasting fuel and time can never be recouped.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

Spend time idling in car park is actually worse for the engine as it warms up slower. Drive of gently immediately lubricates the engine better and warms up faster and dont waste petrol.

• Praise 1

On 8/24/2020 at 5:40 PM, kobayashiGT said:

Need a remap liao. 😎

U mean direct remap ecu or use piggy back?  I actually remap before by the guy who use skm compound. 

20 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

Just move off slowly in Carpark will do....Warm up better this way.

Cannot... now I start engine wait about 5 mins let engine settle to about 1000 before turtling off down the mscp. 

Used to just release clutch let the car turtle in 1st or 2nd gear down the mscp. 

After that my usual routine of short shifting driving for about ten minutes... gentle driving.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Ake109 said:

Spend time idling in car park is actually worse for the engine as it warms up slower. Drive of gently immediately lubricates the engine better and warms up faster and dont waste petrol.

My car cold start at 2000 and drops to about 900 for normal idling. 

13 hours ago, Phluvcat said:

Cannot... now I start engine wait about 5 mins let engine settle to about 1000 before turtling off down the mscp. 

Used to just release clutch let the car turtle in 1st or 2nd gear down the mscp. 

After that my usual routine of short shifting driving for about ten minutes... gentle driving.

10s is enough for u to move on.

unless yours is a carburetors

17 hours ago, Phluvcat said:

Modern engine no need to wait lah, just start and drive off with lighter foot at the beginning.

If need to wait, cold climate country how? 

I drive in Germany in winter, temperature -10deg C. 15 mins from hotel to office. Reach office still have not reach operating temperature.

For our local temperature, typically my car warm up light already disappear after slow drive from car park to main road.

Edited by Tohto
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2