Shake Shack Singapore 4th outlet at Suntec City

Blueray

Burger chain Shake Shack to open its fourth outlet, this time in Suntec City

SINGAPORE - New York burger chain Shake Shack is continuing its expansion here with a fourth outlet, in Suntec City Mall.

It will be located on the ground floor in the West Wing near the convention centre.

The hoardings were unveiled on Monday (Aug 24) and featured murals by Ripple Root, the artist moniker of Singaporeans Liquan Liew and Estella Ng.

Their colourful paintings showcase bougainvilleas, triangular motifs representing the Suntec architecture and splashes of water inspired by its Fountain of Wealth.

There is no official date for the opening yet, but the chain said in a statement that it is aiming for this autumn.

Shake Shack has three other outlets, which are in Jewel Changi Airport, Neil Road and Liat Towers in Orchard Road.

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/food/burger-chain-shake-shack-to-open-its-fourth-outlet-this-time-in-suntec-city

wow, they already have 3 outlets in SG ? [:p]

may try the SG Exclusive pandan shake one day ...... should be sweet-die-me one. [laugh]

af_shake-shack_240820_0.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

13 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

just another burger chain like carl junior.

wonder how many outlet will five guys open.

It is better than Carl i think but i prefer five guys. 

2 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

It seems Covid has no impact on this business but the owners are real risk takers.  Don't think Paris Baguette is doing that well here but I could be wrong.

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/companies-markets/family-behind-paris-baguette-loses-billions-by-taking-on-world

i believe those locations were committed before covid.

I like Paris Baguette concept but the interior not cozy enough, too cold and with the wide range of pastry and food menu, not easy to reduce cost unlike starbucks only focus on beverages and small menu for pastry which is outsource mean no extra cost centre to maintain.

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

It seems Covid has no impact on this business but the owners are real risk takers.  Don't think Paris Baguette is doing that well here but I could be wrong.

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/companies-markets/family-behind-paris-baguette-loses-billions-by-taking-on-world

Most of these fast food are aim at youth.

There are more willing to spend even during bad times

• Praise 2

12 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

oh, forgot about Five Guys, think will check it out one day. 

4 minutes ago, Beregond said:

can also aim "full cash" folks from a certain local forum ... [sly]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

I like Paris Baguette concept but the interior not cozy enough, too cold and with the wide range of pastry and food menu, not easy to reduce cost unlike starbucks only focus on beverages and small menu for pastry which is outsource mean no extra cost centre to maintain.

I've tried Paris Baguette in Incheon airport. As you've said, feels cold with all the white and hard furnishing but maybe coz I went in like 5am after landed while waiting for my vendor to pick me up. Feeling quite shag on the red eye flight. I think food so-so and is quite expensive. Never try going to the outlets in SG.

Same for shake shack, I tried in JP where there is no crowd. Food is not bad, better than Carls, but im not queueing up for 1 hr in SG for it.

56 minutes ago, Beregond said:

I agree. A lot of food trends are merely hyped up to attract younger crowds.

Time will tell if these trendy food will live up to their hyped up name.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

The thing about pastry is that it taste best fresh out of the oven. If ppl who sells pastry dunno this then I think it will fail.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Jman888 said:

Still have Paris Baguette around? Think like many have closed down liao, as never see many of them now? Or maybe the area i go dont have Paris Baguette?!

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
8 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Still have Paris Baguette around? Think like many have closed down liao, as never see many of them now? Or maybe the area i go dont have Paris Baguette?!

This Korean-owned Paris Baguette only open at atas areas like airport and CBD. Hardly see them in heartland malls except JEM? But in Korea, they are very commonly found.

• Praise 1

27 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I rather go Tiong Bahru Bakery but also not cheap. I usually buy the simple basic bread like their croissants.

Like most ppl say if they can make simple food taste great they are usually the good ones.

Anyway western food I dont really fancy that much. They are usually safe choices that wont go too far wrong.

I like to watch this Mark Wien's youtube channel on Asian street food. Those which are usually very underrated but looks very good and very cheap.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEd6QBSgat5kkC6svyjudA

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 8/25/2020 at 1:46 PM, Voodooman said:

I prefer shake shack jewel. In fact I think it is better than the ones I tried in New York.

↡ Advertisement