Shake Shack Singapore 4th outlet at Suntec City

Blueray

Turbocharged
14 minutes ago, Etnt said:

but super duper is only limited to bay area. I tried the one at market street and really liked it, but outside of sfo, it's back to in-n-out being the staple for burgers.

5g the good thing is the customizability, but the problem that comes with it is also that it's easy to overload it with toppings. I guess most will just go with all the works.

exactly, I just went with all the works and it did not taste so nice. I don't like places that ask for customization, like some lor mee stalls in singapore ask you to add vinegar and chilli yourself. Especially the vinegar I am not sure how much to add... 

The restaurant needs to have the recipe fixed for people like me, as I am not sure what combination makes a good burger. 

↡ Advertisement

16 hours ago, 13177 said:

Funny as you said their burgers are small, ex and special drinks super sweet, yet they still so popular? 😂 So what is the special drink? How come so sweet?

The milk shake. My wife ordered dunno order what pandan flavour with gula melaka. Very sweet.

Actually it is more of the family experience. Cos one of the most memorable thing I remembered as a kid was my dad brought us to KFC. At that time KFC is more restaurant than fastfood. You eat with proper stainless steel fork & knife, porcelain plate and the waitress come take your order. So for my own family it is more of an experience and we take pictures of happy moments during the meal. It is smth to remember. We ate at this burger joint when it was newly opened.

• Praise 2

34 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

The milk shake. My wife ordered dunno order what pandan flavour with gula melaka. Very sweet.

Actually it is more of the family experience. Cos one of the most memorable thing I remembered as a kid was my dad brought us to KFC. At that time KFC is more restaurant than fastfood. You eat with proper stainless steel fork & knife, porcelain plate and the waitress come take your order. So for my own family it is more of an experience and we take pictures of happy moments during the meal. It is smth to remember. We ate at this burger joint when it was newly opened.

Anything that have gula melaka sure very sweet de. Lol.

Agreed, it is more of a family experience and memorable thing. Even go eat alone also can counted as a memorable thing, cause when you look back moon later, you remember you went to ate at a burger joint which sell small and ex burger and also super sweet drink that might cause diabetes. 😂

Turbocharged
5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Agreed, it is more of a family experience and memorable thing. Even go eat alone also can counted as a memorable thing, cause when you look back moon later, you remember you went to ate at a burger joint which sell small and ex burger and also super sweet drink that might cause diabetes. 😂

47 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

cos they already tell u liao mah GULA!!!! sure sweet.

off-topic, the jp specific flavor sesame shake is very nice (still terribly sweet though).

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Of course you can order the double meat pattie or the Portobello beef burger. But I feel that the single pattie beef burger has the right balance. You will not be overwhelmed by the beef. Sometimes when I eat I dont go for a full meal.

We went to the FatBurger, sad to say dont feel memorable or special.

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Etnt said:

cos they already tell u liao mah GULA!!!! sure sweet.

off-topic, the jp specific flavor sesame shake is very nice (still terribly sweet though).

FYI the gula melaka is just in crystal form sprinkled on the milk shake. Not a lot.

Edited by Watwheels

3 hours ago, Watwheels said:

I think back then, life was much simpler. Going to the restaurant, fast food or not back then was a luxury. Like my family used to dress up and take camera along when go orchard road shopping. Now, this kind of things are very common and within reach to many. I dont think kids nowadays appreciate this kind of moment. 

I only went to SS once in JP. i remember food is not too bad and the milkshake is nice but i cant remember what i had. 

• Haha! 1

I do like going to Shake Shack. Usually order the Shack Stack (1 patty + 1 Portobello) or Smoke Stack (bacon cheeseburger). Fries to share. Never tried their milk shakes. Sometimes take their beer, which is great on hot days but feels weird drinking fm the flimsy plastic cup. The burger seems small at first but the potato bun will fill one up.

Fatburger was a disappointment.

5guys seemed interesting at first (except for the location) but my friend went and came back with a terrible review on the burgers. Fries are awesome though. 

↡ Advertisement