Scoot notification for guangzhou flights

Volvobrick

3 hours ago, Adrianli said:

I received two emails from them. But never flew with them to China before.

But u got fly 2x with scoot before right? 

i fly once with them to indo, so thats why i got 1 lol

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

15 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

But u got fly 2x with scoot before right? 

i fly once with them to indo, so thats why i got 1 lol

Only fly one time with Scoot to Taiwan last year.

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

No lar.....  

My wife use my yahoo account to book Scoot tickets for her company China workers to go & return from China whenever they on leave.  :we-all-gonna-die:

public relations executives ? [sly]

• Haha! 1

I got one. My friend wife also. Zzz I even checked my cc to make sure no deduction. I thought someone booked a flight with my name. 

• Haha! 1

Scoot is aware that you have received an erroneous email from us regarding new travel requirements for customers booked on one of our flights, TR100 to Guangzhou departing on 30 August 2020. Scoot sincerely apologises for this mistake and would like to provide an explanation on what happened.

The erroneous email was not a data security or hacking incident. Due to human error, an email meant only for passengers booked on TR100 from Singapore to Guangzhou departing on 30 Aug 2020, was mistakenly sent to a distribution list containing customers who have travelled with Scoot in the past, or who have a future booking to any destination.

Scoot understands the worry and concerns that you may have over the use of your personal information. To repeat, we have established that this was not a data security or hacking incident. No new booking has been created. There was also no leak of sensitive personal information; the personal information that was included in the erroneous email was limited to first name and booking confirmation ID, and the erroneous email was sent to the email address associated with the original booking. No third party has been sent an email with your personal information although, if you have previously made a booking on someone else’s behalf, you may see their first name in the email instead of yours. No current bookings can be accessed with this information.

We assure you that Scoot takes this incident very seriously and will conduct an internal review looking into how to further strengthen our internal processes. We have also informed Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Commission of the incident. Should you have questions or concerns, we welcome your feedback at https://help.flyscoot.com/s/email-us; simply select “Concerns” under Case Category and “Email Notification” under Sub-Category 1.

Once again, Scoot sincerely apologises for this oversight.

Yours Sincerely,
Campbell Wilson
Scoot Chief Executive Officer

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Scoot is aware that you have received an erroneous email from us regarding new travel requirements for customers booked on one of our flights, TR100 to Guangzhou departing on 30 August 2020. Scoot sincerely apologises for this mistake and would like to provide an explanation on what happened.

The erroneous email was not a data security or hacking incident. Due to human error, an email meant only for passengers booked on TR100 from Singapore to Guangzhou departing on 30 Aug 2020, was mistakenly sent to a distribution list containing customers who have travelled with Scoot in the past, or who have a future booking to any destination.

Scoot understands the worry and concerns that you may have over the use of your personal information. To repeat, we have established that this was not a data security or hacking incident. No new booking has been created. There was also no leak of sensitive personal information; the personal information that was included in the erroneous email was limited to first name and booking confirmation ID, and the erroneous email was sent to the email address associated with the original booking. No third party has been sent an email with your personal information although, if you have previously made a booking on someone else’s behalf, you may see their first name in the email instead of yours. No current bookings can be accessed with this information.

We assure you that Scoot takes this incident very seriously and will conduct an internal review looking into how to further strengthen our internal processes. We have also informed Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Commission of the incident. Should you have questions or concerns, we welcome your feedback at https://help.flyscoot.com/s/email-us; simply select “Concerns” under Case Category and “Email Notification” under Sub-Category 1.

Once again, Scoot sincerely apologises for this oversight.

Yours Sincerely,
Campbell Wilson
Scoot Chief Executive Officer

I think they pakat pakat, one guy create the email problem, than whole team got to spend days to resolve.  Made themselves indispensable and and not be asked to go no pay leave....

Now even big boss looks busy!

• Haha! 4

May I know how long do they keep a customer personal information? Like forever as long as you been with them just once? Shouldnt they separate those who ticked no adverts from their mailing list? Now I not sure how they are using our past personal information for what purpose.