Police shooting of Jacob Blake in Wisconsin

zipping

11 hours ago, Datsun366 said:

the technology and social evolution elevated tribal groups, such as the early koreans were subservient to the Tang because korean iron was no match for Tang steel.

the black american has nil cultural reference or history to speak of. The black american is american truly with no mountain of identity behind them. At least the Native American have the vestiges of oral tradition as well as knowledge of tribes.

the black american only has MLK and Malcom X. The orphan child striking out on its own, its accomplishments and failures all original with no help from history or culture. Especially nothing good from the motherland where it is supposed a certain spiritual entity has left long ago.

In Korea, Philippines and JP who had american servicemen there.
The racism against mixed (american-jap/korean/Filipino) children is very different whether u are a descendant of a black skinned or fair skinned Father. If u watch AsianBoss interviews with these people, it's obvious how skin color affects them. Even though they are all from single mothers, partly social outcast due to their unmarried status. 

U really need to be a strong individual to get through all these. 

↡ Advertisement

47 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I think their social fabric is thin. No doubt the weak family structures there are a big issue. 

The rioting etc is yes, mostly destruction and opportunistic looting. 

The fact is that yes, the violence is silly, self inflicted and hurts their own communities. But the "there is no severe racism" and that the black community only have themselves to blame POV is also very myopic.

Let's leave out the social racism that cannot be eliminated by top down law or policies. 

Does generational racism affect them? It affects them materially on the most important way. 

Real Estate and economic wealth. 

Many black families of those in the south are housed in the worst real estate of the cities and communities. Cos that's was what they were allowed to live on after 1860s. So that's where the heavy industries are allowed to operate. In some states, the cesspool that is modern pig farming is almost overwhelmingly in black neighbourhoods. These are the same industries that the more influential whites didn't allow onto their own residential areas. 

Whereas the black migrants who moved to the North also are last to the party. So they also predominantly live in these poor black neighbourhoods. 

If u look at census maps in the late 1800s, the maps look almost entirely the same as they do now. Whether both North or south. 

With poor real estate, also comes the poorest weakest funded schools. Schools are highly dependent by the districts they are in. The better school districts demand high demand and real estate values. A good public school district is the most important factor for young families in American real estate market. 

So poor real estate. Poorly funded and supported schools. And many of them work disproportionately in the low income, relatively dangerous blue collar jobs in America. And they also have poorer health cos their neighbourhoods have the supermarkets with the cheapest processed foods and for those in the south, their neighbourhoods are smack beside chemical plants which are like those in  pasir gudang. 

Can people break out of this cycle? Yes. But it's not the norm. Cos if breaking out was easy, generational poverty would have been a thing of  the past for all modern societies. In Sg, there is also generational poverty. Despite our best efforts and much much better policies compared to America. 

The problem I have with this theory. 

Recently I listened to a bbc interview of several of the biggest black radio show host in America. Similar argument made. 

One line of argument is property tax. Apparently,  as an effort to rejuvenate old neighbourhoods,  people who rebuild are given tax breaks.  Immediately those radio host scream institutional racism. Because in their mind,  the poor blacks don't benefit. 🤯. in my mind... there's no lack of coloured folks rebuilding what??!! This is about economics,  not race.  There's no lack of so called "white trash" living in absolutely squalid rural areas.. they just don't go burning down their own neighbourhoods on CNN LIVE. (Fun fact.  Numerically,  theres more whites in poverty than blacks).

The Latinos, asians,  Africans immigrants,  mid east types etc... they don't go to America and start off at Beverley hills,   they face exactly the same economic property issues.. WITHOUT affirmative action... it's not racism, it's simple economic reality. 

But, it IS racism if we say ONLY blacks should have special property treatment and that other races who succeed up the ladder through their own ethics are simply racist. 

The fact is,  institutional racism is long gone,  anyone doing it is looking at multi million $$ lawsuits,  the lawyers make sure of that. 

Actually racism who'l always exist.. but  One look at YouTube alone and we see most open displays of racism is black originated these days. 

• Praise 2

4 minutes ago, Playtime said:

The problem I have with this theory. 

Recently I listened to a bbc interview of several of the biggest black radio show host in America. Similar argument made. 

One line of argument is property tax. Apparently,  as an effort to rejuvenate old neighbourhoods,  people who rebuild are given tax breaks.  Immediately those radio host scream institutional racism. Because in their mind,  the poor blacks don't benefit. 🤯. in my mind... there's no lack of coloured folks rebuilding what??!! This is about economics,  not race.  There's no lack of so called "white trash" living in absolutely squalid rural areas.. they just don't go burning down their own neighbourhoods on CNN LIVE. (Fun fact.  Numerically,  theres more whites in poverty than blacks).

The Latinos, asians,  Africans immigrants,  mid east types etc... they don't go to America and start off at Beverley hills,   they face exactly the same economic property issues.. WITHOUT affirmative action... it's not racism, it's simple economic reality. 

But, it IS racism if we say ONLY blacks should have special property treatment and that other races who succeed up the ladder through their own ethics are simply racist. 

The fact is,  institutional racism is long gone,  anyone doing it is looking at multi million $$ lawsuits,  the lawyers make sure of that. 

Actually racism who'l always exist.. but  One look at YouTube alone and we see most open displays of racism is black originated these days. 

I agree with a few points.
Institutional racism is mostly eliminated other than policing.
Yes now it's easy to be racist if u are black. It's become an "entitlement" of their culture. I'm sure they are sensible black Americans that know all these is BS. 

I would argue that Latinos are facing the same problem. But latinos have a stronger family culture due to their catholic faith. 
And the number of latinos only increased a lot in the recent decades. And yes the latinos will face the same issues as the blacks are facing now. But it may take another 20-30 years to come up to the forefront. And latinos are strongly aggregated in the southern states. 
The other minorities are much lower in numbers. 

• Praise 2

I don't want to cast too many parallels. 

Remember when i said the world MAY unite as one, when we get a global invasion by Aliens?

But in my mind, unfortunately, we are tribal people, always looking to identify who's on our side or against us. 
I personally feel that the social racism even within our country improved, not just because of the better education within our lifetimes, which is an important factor.
But actually another major factor (though no one personally will ever admit to it officially) is because now the xenophobia/anti-foreigners aspect is stronger than before. Hence our Singaporean tribe has become more inclusive of the minorities.

Food for thought -_-

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

It's a big messy problem which no side can solve.

Yes, poverty is probably the main issue for America rather than the race itself. Helping manage the poverty issue is the thorny issue that is hidden under this Black Lives Matter. Immense wealth vs relative poverty for large swathes of the population. 

The more critically thinking Americans also recognise the fact. Which is why they dislike the politicians and media channels on both sides. Good ideas and policies are painted with a red/blue slant and opposed due to the militancy of each side.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 3

3 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I think it's a big messy problem.

Yes poverty is probably the main issue for America rather than the race itself. Helping manage the poverty issue is the thorny issue that is hidden under this Black Lives Matter. 

The more critically thinking Americans also recognise the fact. Which is why they dislike the politicians and media channels on both sides. 

an interesting argument i see is this.

Is trump or biden better for blacks.?

personally i think trump is for himself and thats all... anyone else benefiting is probably accidental friendly fire.

but theres more blacks now saying that trumps approach is correct one and they want a hard reaction to BLM antifa. they blame the dems for the problems in the black community.

I not saying who is right, just stating what i read.

• Praise 2

1 minute ago, Playtime said:

an interesting argument i see is this.

Is trump or biden better for blacks.?

personally i think trump is for himself and thats all... anyone else benefiting is probably accidental friendly fire.

but theres more blacks now saying that trumps approach is correct one and they want a hard reaction to BLM antifa. they blame the dems for the problems in the black community.

I not saying who is right, just stating what i read.

Generally speaking. I think Biden. Not because of who he is. 
Agreed on Trump.

But i think Trump is so divisive, that he can't get the Democrats in the house to support him on anything. Whereas with the strong House support, Biden may bring back more jobs to America. The manufacturing jobs etc which would help lower SES americans. 

And i think a curb on the excess of the corporate power in America is more likely to happen under BIden and the democrats.
Cos Trump is very openly just all about stock market = being the real economy. The good that is the open economy of USA, is too much of a good thing without regulation. The corporate influence there is really scary. 

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged

i think it's fundamental and cultural issue

we have always thought the colour white is pure, angelic... whereas the dark side is evil, corrupted

eg many dun like black cats, think they are demonic 

how to change this thousand years' perception?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

42 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Generally speaking. I think Biden. Not because of who he is. 
Agreed on Trump.

But i think Trump is so divisive, that he can't get the Democrats in the house to support him on anything. Whereas with the strong House support, Biden may bring back more jobs to America. The manufacturing jobs etc which would help lower SES americans. 

And i think a curb on the excess of the corporate power in America is more likely to happen under BIden and the democrats.
Cos Trump is very openly just all about stock market = being the real economy. The good that is the open economy of USA, is too much of a good thing without regulation. The corporate influence there is really scary. 

even from my pov trump is unfit to lead USA. never before i seen the western allies so breaken up. all the pass US leader no matter how bad or how many mistake they make, they remain the leader of the west and nato etc. 

trump change that . USA  become alone, every 1 else is rival. only when his trade war against china fail, then he realise USA need friends and allies also,

• Praise 2

46 minutes ago, Scion said:

i think it's fundamental and cultural issue

we have always thought the colour white is pure, angelic... whereas the dark side is evil, corrupted

eg many dun like black cats, think they are demonic 

how to change this thousand years' perception?

black dogs too. Haha my friends were talking about rearing goldfishes, and i say why got so many color, want to breed a black one [laugh]

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Lala81 said:

I don't want to cast too many parallels. 

Remember when i said the world MAY unite as one, when we get a global invasion by Aliens?

But in my mind, unfortunately, we are tribal people, always looking to identify who's on our side or against us. 
I personally feel that the social racism even within our country improved, not just because of the better education within our lifetimes, which is an important factor.
But actually another major factor (though no one personally will ever admit to it officially) is because now the xenophobia/anti-foreigners aspect is stronger than before. Hence our Singaporean tribe has become more inclusive of the minorities.

Food for thought -_-

The world cannot even unite as one when faced with a global pandemic

• Haha! 1

this really is a guy asking to die...... dont declare carrying gun, inability to follow instructions, basically too stupid to be allowed to carry a gun ..... and... there were additional stolen guns in the car.... but if he gets shot, whose fault?

• Praise 1

When children misbehave, we ask who’s kid is that, or whos the parent.

in this case, just look at the President.  

Muayhahahahaha what a joke.

• Haha! 1

can u believe the black man in green get shot. with his hand raise . 

he is trying to help that white man with autism.

I still got my hands in the air, and I said, 'No I just got shot! And I'm saying, 'Sir, why did you shoot me?' and his words to me, he said, 'I don't know.'"

what happen to innocent till proven guilty. now what the black man are facing guilty till proven innocent.

there is a reason behind BLM. ppl dun protest for fun

• Praise 1