Michelin Primacy 4 vs Continental Premium Contact 6 vs Goodyear F1A5

Calvin8808

Hi all, im thinking of narrowing down between primacy 4 or CPC 6, between the 2 which one is quieter/ has better grip both in wet and dry and which one has higher tyre wear rate?

Currently on pirelli P7 cinturato, thinking of changing by the end of the year probably.

I saw got new pirelli P7c2 tyres but no reviews  locally, anyone has any idea about this trye?

↡ Advertisement

Considering I had been using UHP tyres my whole life, I took the dive last week and went for Primacy 4. So far so good, quiet, comfortable and grip seems adequate for wet roads. The road feedback is not great as compared to my last set of PS4S, F1A5 etc. Considering its almost $100/pc difference between Primacy 4 and PS4S, its worth the price. I have yet to push the car but overall not bad set of tyres. 

Initially wanted to change to primacy 4 but shop told me for the same price can get pilot sport 4 so just took ps4. Forgotten how noisy the ps4 is but the grip is fantastic, oh well got to sacrifice some comfort for better driving feel. 135 sgd per tyre (16 inch).

73DD9315-2E5A-41E5-938B-D9D7D387A404.jpeg

8BFBD602-1AC1-4718-8F07-42DF62E92AD0.jpeg

• Praise 2

I have been on PS4S for a while and now trying out F1A5. The latter seems a little more quiet but didn't feel much difference in performance in general.
Price definitely got big difference 🤣
Running on low profile 19"

Edited by Aventa
  • Praise 1

11 hours ago, Aventa said:

I have been on PS4S for a while and now trying out F1A5. The latter seems a little more quiet but didn't feel much difference in performance in general.
Price definitely got big difference 🤣
Running on low profile 19"

because u didnt test the tyres to their limit which is good. 😊

ps4s got better dry grip then F1A5.

But in sg normal driving i think F1A5  performance is more then enough 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

For those that like to chiong  and test tyre limit type...... ....... The recommendation for tyres is  ............. No tyres so that you cannot be a road hazard! 😆

On 11/11/2021 at 11:22 AM, Beregond said:

because u didnt test the tyres to their limit which is good. 😊

ps4s got better dry grip then F1A5.

But in sg normal driving i think F1A5  performance is more then enough 

Yes indeed I didn't test my tires to the limit 😆

I don't usually tackle hard corners or drive very hard so yeah .. 

Just changed to a Euro made Primacy 4, with high expectations.

After a week of driving , not impressed with the noise generated by the rubber rumbling on the tarmac, although the comfort and wet feel are good.

It actually is more nosier than my 85% used Hankook S1 evo2.

Haiz.....sian.

IMG20220829120711.jpg

IMG20220829120718.jpg

• Praise 2

5 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Just changed to a Euro made Primacy 4, with high expectations.

After a week of driving , not impressed with the noise generated by the rubber rumbling on the tarmac, although the comfort and wet feel are good.

It actually is more nosier than my 85% used Hankook S1 evo2.

Haiz.....sian.

IMG20220829120711.jpg

IMG20220829120718.jpg

Tks for the sacrifice..... Will stick to GY EG. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

@Hamburger I switched to Pilot Sport 5 earlier this month. Kim hoe was selling PS5 at the same price as Primary 4+, so I thought might as well try the former.

Was definitely quieter than my Primacy 3 which was 4 years old and clocked 46k mileage already. Overall am happy with the new tire 😆

Edited by Ceecookie
  • Praise 2

45 minutes ago, Ceecookie said:

@Hamburger I switched to Pilot Sport 5 earlier this month. Kim hoe was selling PS5 at the same price as Primary 4+, so I thought might as well try the former.

Was definitely quieter than my Primacy 3 which was 4 years old and clocked 46k mileage already. Overall am happy with the new tire 😆

Initially I read with skeptism where online users lamented on the road noise.

Now I know. But isn't Primacy suppose to be a performance touring tyre that sells on comfort?

Haiz haiz....

Twincharged
27 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Initially I read with skeptism where online users lamented on the road noise.

Now I know. But isn't Primacy suppose to be a performance touring tyre that sells on comfort?

Haiz haiz....

Sell off sell off….. 🤣

try adjusting tire pressure. Or maybe need long long run in. 😁

Edited by Mkl22
  • Haha! 1

Fatman tyre burst at NSHW and luckily car did not spin out.

Changing tyre at road side with no street lights is no joke as it's wee hours. Kept looking over my shoulder but the TOLL pickup did come after 15mins to cover my back.

IMG-20221106-WA0001.jpeg

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 4
  • Haha! 1

On 9/13/2021 at 8:08 PM, Confusedboi said:

Hi all, im thinking of narrowing down between primacy 4 or CPC 6, between the 2 which one is quieter/ has better grip both in wet and dry and which one has higher tyre wear rate?

Currently on pirelli P7 cinturato, thinking of changing by the end of the year probably.

I saw got new pirelli P7c2 tyres but no reviews  locally, anyone has any idea about this trye?

I've used 2 sets of the P7 run flats in both my previous and current car. Nothing to complain for these tyres except the noise (maybe i'm on run-flats). Interested to get the C2 version as well, but hardly any quality reviews on it. 

6 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Fatman tyre burst at NSHW and luckily car did not spin out.

Changing tyre at road side with no street lights is no joke as it's wee hours. Kept looking over my shoulder but the TOLL pickup did come after 15mins to cover my back.

IMG-20221106-WA0001.jpeg

This is the reason why I prefer to stick to run flats as i frequent malaysia.

I've experienced tyre side wall blow out before on my non-run flats when i ran over a plank at around 80km/hr in SG. I would expect the same blow out to happen if i hit a pothole as well.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3