I hate my job. Should i quit now?

Sunlight

What is wrong with escapism?

A professor asked a volunteer student to hold a glass of water arms straight out.

The student held the glass for 5 minutes and then 10 minutes and the professor asked him how does the glass fill.

The student says it felt really heavy and he needs to put in down or his arm will fall off.

So the professor said put the glass down and after a 20 minute rest asked the student to pick up the glass again and asked how it felt.

The student said before the rest it felt like the heaviest thing in the world but after the rest it didn't feel so heavy as before.

[flowerface]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

33 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

So what's the future between you and your MIL? Somehow this question makes sense and yet sounds wrong at the same time.

At least I know after I get the honda city I know what's the future.  I will drive it from my driver's seat, shifting gears and tuning buttons as necessary.  Somehow or other, this also makes sense and sounds wrong at the same time.

🤔🤪

As a car dealer I shouldn't tell you this

and I will kenna flame by all the other car dealers jialat jialat.

But the thrill of buying a car is better than the reality of owning the car.

After a while the car become ordinary again and nothing special.

Then then the itch of going out and looking for a new car and the anxious wait and excitement of one day getting the keys of the new car.

:grin:

Anticipation is always better than reality.

So many times a model comes in and I cannot wait to help them take their clothes off.

And after take their clothes off already then feel a bit sian like all the excitement gone already. 

Edited by Jamesc
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, RadX said:

you know how i cope?

i buy a new car....i kid you not

the last time, i was so depressed that i went into a car showroom and bought a car....regretted and changed again after 4 months ..🤣

Lol! I should walk into munich motors depressed, I'd like to buy that M5, thank you very much. [laugh]

• Haha! 3

5 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

What is wrong with escapism?

A professor asked a volunteer student to hold a glass of water arms straight out.

The student held the glass for 5 minutes and then 10 minutes and the professor asked him how does the glass fill.

The student says it felt really heavy and he needs to put in down or his arm will fall off.

So the professor said put the glass down and after a 20 minute rest asked the student to pick up the glass again and asked how it felt.

The student said before the rest it felt like the heaviest thing in the world but after the rest it didn't feel so heavy as before.

[flowerface]

Exactly

so a step back for a while helps, whilst still staying in the same position. Reassess the situation from all fronts

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Mason016 said:

Lol! I should walk into munich motors depressed, I'd like to buy that M5, thank you very much. [laugh]

There’s a diff between stressed and suicide😂😂

• Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Mason016 said:

I would rather go to the showroom of the MCF member with the famous MIL.

Got good discount for MCF members.

• Praise 2

@Sunlight in the meantime, do

also look into building an interest of yours that can be a backup career as you go forward

case in point, when I retire, I will be coaching and that is something I love doing, and would be the best option as it will also Keep me healthy whilst doing it

I never regret joining the health care business

and love my job as a therapist.

If anything I wish I join the health centre business

much much earlier.

My clients all come in feeling so stressed

when they leave they all feel so relaxed.

Edited by Jamesc

Just now, Jamesc said:

I never regret joining the health care business

and love my job as a therapist.

If anything I wish I join the health centre business

much much earlier.

For you its

” the rapist”

diff context😂😂

• Haha! 4

3 hours ago, RadX said:

you know how i cope?

the last time, i was so depressed that i went into a car showroom and bought a car....regretted and changed again after 4 months ..🤣

When I grow up I wanna be like Radx 😁

• Haha! 3

11 minutes ago, RadX said:

For you its

” the rapist”

diff context😂😂

If stress is a killer

I save lives.

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Karoon said:

OK this brings a new dimension.

In another job i have worked with A FEW parachuted ex-BGs and I know what u going through. All I can say is wish u the best of luck. 

Wah, didn't know you in parliament before! 

• Shocked 1

3 hours ago, RadX said:

you know how i cope?

Hahaha. Am I right to say by doing so is to force yourself with a commitment so you have to stick with the job? Or you spend on a car to help you even out the unhappiness at work? Because I have seen both kind examples before. 😆

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, therock said:

Yep

and also shooting the breeze a bit plus some ventilation 

looking for the lowest rung job to get satisfaction from your job? Sounds a look like escapism to me I’m afraid

I take back my suggestion to join the healthcare sector: it’s a place where you need lots of hard work and the pay isn’t great, even for government drs. There’s also politics and plenty of ex SAF chaps around too. 

However if TS thinks I’m wrong, you can pm me and I’ll set you up with some of the facilities in NUS or the polys but only TS will know if healthcare is for you. 

Actually the OTT job should perfect

An Operating theatre technician needs some engineering background, less direct patient contact, rather mindless and less politics. Short learning curve but there are always new tech toys to play with. 

O levels is all you need poly education will be fine  

Decent hours plus some calls. And you are low on the food chain so you don’t need to use your brain too much unless you choose to. 

The recent batches even include some with masters. Do consider it if healthcare is your cup of tea. 

oh, did not know healthcare also got ex SAF. 

3 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

Hahaha. Am I right to say by doing so is to force yourself with a commitment so you have to stick with the job? Or you spend on a car to help you even out the unhappiness at work? Because I have seen both kind examples before. 😆

More the latter la

takes my mind off things

the former would work too but that would be forcing a suffering

but if you realistically look at it, both are

also interdependent 

Just now, Sunlight said:

oh, did not know healthcare also got ex SAF. 

They were there for the planning purposes, and effecting the ops 

4 minutes ago, RadX said:

More the latter la

takes my mind off things

the former would work too but that would be forcing a suffering

but if you realistically look at it, both are

also interdependent 

Then is better off like that. I don't like the idea of not happy at work then tie oneself down with other committment just keep oneself out from looking out. To me that is a losing deal as the joy of getting a new car is short lived.

• Praise 2

Just now, Heartbreakid said:

Then is better off like that. I don't like the idea of not happy at work then tie oneself down with other committment just keep oneself out from looking out. To me that is a losing deal as the joy of getting a new car is short lived.

That is akin to suicide lo

↡ Advertisement