I hate my job. Should i quit now?

Sunlight

3 hours ago, Chongster said:

actually so called mid-life crisis for guys, could be male menopause, i.e. chemical imbalance, or more specifically testosterone dropping.  Rather than look to the outside, sometimes, it's just taking medicine or supplement to up the testosterone level. 

tenor.gif

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

On 8/29/2020 at 4:20 PM, Sunlight said:

As i am debt free, I am thinking whether i should quit and move into another industry and start all over again. 

You dare to quit now when the job mkt is so bad? Can you sustain for a year without a job? Once you quit, must be mentally prepared to be jobless for 1 year.

Whether company allows sabbatical leave or not, depends on how valuable that individual is to the Company.

After my ex-colleague resigned, he was replaced by 3 headcount.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Whether company allows sabbatical leave or not, depends on how valuable that individual is to the Company.

I believe no one is valuable to the company la. I dont see any company will closed down due to anyone leaving the company. Lol. 

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I believe no one is valuable to the company la. I dont see any company will closed down due to anyone leaving the company. Lol. 

My ex colleague is valuable as he can do 3 headcount work hor.

It would be ideal if you quit to travel the world...but you cant do that now..

Gonna be bored. Very bored.

And I have done it before when I was younger. Quit to travel to 16 cities. Those memories are some of the best memories in my life.

• Praise 3

59 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Noone is indispensable but some are more valuable than others. 😂

• Haha! 2

6 hours ago, Vinceng said:

You dare to quit now when the job mkt is so bad? Can you sustain for a year without a job? Once you quit, must be mentally prepared to be jobless for 1 year.

Theres no better time to quit then today. 走出去就有路。。。。。。

• Praise 1

On 9/16/2020 at 11:29 AM, serenade said:

When you are very financially secure. Kids no longer need you, just need your money for allowance to pak thor. Or they are ready to leave the nest. Wife has own circle of friends or has turned naggy. 

You need to find a circle of very good friends of both genders,  passionate about a common hobby who will not lead you down the wrong path. Examples will golf, long distance cycling, trekking, scuba diving, badminton, tennis, wind-surfing, photography. These activities you will travel overseas to participate and/or compete. Also have to train well and hard before can enjoy. Both physically and skill wise. Suddenly your days and nights will be filled with training, physically you will improve. Competition motivates to improve and do better. Especially when cross-border to compete. 

Was reading a book on social interaction, we relied on each other to survive since caveman's time and are innately driven to desire interpersonal connection. So to be happy, we need to find it with family, friends and mistresses. 😂

On 9/16/2020 at 1:42 PM, Adrianli said:

To TS, my regular hairdresser told me that she met an old uncle at SGH as physiotherapist assistant. 60 years old, went for the 3 months course and converted. Pay is $1,200 / month. Weekday office hour job only. No need OT. Just follow instructions from the Physiotherapist. Like PT ask patient do 100 reps of pulling action, you just help and ensure the patient do it. Easy job, no need use too much brain juice except to count 1 to 100.

I hope the info helps.

I think my neighbour is doing something like this. He lost his job like pre-covid.

Then he did some PT course. Then he's also doing some stuff also ? lifeguard certification.

On 9/16/2020 at 10:09 PM, mersaylee said:

I dare not click the link... scared my phone kena phising... I kena hooked... 😅

Got  link to 牛郎job ? I think more relevant, some of us here can apply for it 😀😀

• Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

yeah sounds like it. But honestly i thought it paid better. 1.2k pm is really low. 

What I asked and know is 1.3 to 1.4k. Not sure is it cos its a 60 year old so the pay is lower.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1