I hate my job. Should i quit now?

Sunlight

21 hours ago, inlinesix said:

My ex colleague is valuable as he can do 3 headcount work hor.

Another perspective cld be his pay can support 3 HC producing twice his productivity. 

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, badlammy said:

Another perspective cld be his pay can support 3 HC producing twice his productivity. 

If his pay can support 3HC with double productivity, he will not get 6 mths Sabbatical Leave.

3 hours ago, Adrianli said:

What I asked and know is 1.3 to 1.4k. Not sure is it cos its a 60 year old so the pay is lower.

At $1.2k, the janitors earn more under progressive wage model.

49 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

At $1.2k, the janitors earn more under progressive wage model.

But the work load between a janitor and PT assistant is different. 

• Praise 1

On 9/16/2020 at 1:42 PM, Adrianli said:

To TS, my regular hairdresser told me that she met an old uncle at SGH as physiotherapist assistant. 60 years old, went for the 3 months course and converted. Pay is $1,200 / month. Weekday office hour job only. No need OT. Just follow instructions from the Physiotherapist. Like PT ask patient do 100 reps of pulling action, you just help and ensure the patient do it. Easy job, no need use too much brain juice except to count 1 to 100.

I hope the info helps.

thanks bro. i go find out how to join and convert. 

On 9/16/2020 at 2:28 PM, Ginyu said:

The meaning of life is just to be alive. Plain and simple. Yet everybody rush as if it is necessary to achieve something beyond themselves🤣 They must win others then feel can song

life is simple....why did we make it so hard?  

• Praise 2

On 8/29/2020 at 10:23 PM, Adrianli said:

I was in similar situation as you previously, abt 1.5 yrs ago. I did not get any promotion but instead my job scope increased due to manpower cut. One person doing 3 person work and immediate superior expect 4 person result. Everyday was a hectic day.

Then I came across WSG's PCP advert for PT. That changed my mind and wondered if I could do a career switch. Attended various talks from WSG and the uni providing the program, SIT. After careful consideration at the course curriculum and speaking to @RadX, decided to give up on PT as the course curriculum is too much for me. Decided to go for Radiographer PCP path. In 3 days, it is my 1 year studying in the Uni now!!!

Looking back of the past 1 year, have not yet regretted my decision!!! Looking forward to my clinical attachment mid next month. Everything is very new to me, from my previous lifestyle till now. Just to let you know, to be able to enter any healthcare program by SIT is not simple at all. There are limited places with overwhelming applicants. PT course is abt 200 slots per academic year but there are 3,000+ applicants. For Radiographer, there are 80 slots and about 1,000+ applicants. You will need to go thru essay writing and four interviews, testing your teamwork with stranger, scenario role playing, situational reaction and lastly 1 to 1 interview with a senior Radiographer from one of the many hospitals. To be a practising PT, OT, DR, RT, Dietitian, Speech therapist, etc, you need a degree now and be registered with AHPC. If you would like to know more, can PM me.

https://conversion.mycareersfuture.gov.sg/portal/ProgramDetails.aspx?ProgID=P00000435

https://www.healthprofessionals.gov.sg/ahpc

If you really interested and no other commitments, go for it!!!:yuush:

After 3.6 years of study, today is officially the last day of my studies!!! I will be starting work again in a brand new job in July.

Thanks @RadX for the recommendation 4 years ago!!!

• Praise 31

On 3/24/2023 at 4:54 PM, Adrianli said:

After 3.6 years of study, today is officially the last day of my studies!!! I will be starting work again in a brand new job in July.

Congrats... not easy for a mid life career switch..

• Praise 6

[thumbsup][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged

Congratulations on your new job. The 3.6 years of hard study has finally paid off.👍🏻

• Praise 6

Can't imagine going to school at our age. All the best. Wear your lead shield! 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

Congrats bro @Adrianli!

Finally, after all the studying, exams, eating school's canteen food, oops, you made it, with a new career no less. At your age too. 

👍😂😂

With your list of incurables, you will now be constantly surrounded by doctors and nurses during office hours. What a perfect place to be. 

Seriously, enjoy yourself at work and never stop learning. Be humble so people will always be willing to teach n guide you. 🙂

All the best, bro. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 4

Congrats dude! Well worth it I say

welcome to the gang!

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Congrats on your completion of your studies and finally back to work. 👍

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1