IKEA says LEGO Brick Storage Boxes are coming to S’pore, they double up as home decorations

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

IKEA says LEGO Brick Storage Boxes are coming to S’pore, they double up as home decorations

source: https://www.greatdeals.com.sg/2020/08/29/ikea-lego-bygglek-collection

ikea-lego-storage-brick-set.jpg.webp

Good news for LEGO fans – IKEA Singapore has just announced they will be bringing the much-anticipated LEGO collaboration referred to as BYGGLEK.

IKEA x LEGO

At first look, the BYGGLEK is simply a set of storage boxes. It is made from the same material as LEGO bricks to ensure the same quality and feel.

ikea-lego-collaboration-01.jpg.webp

The BYGGLEK collection consists of 4 different products – a set of 3 small boxes, two sets of bigger boxes and one set of LEGO bricks to kickstart the playful experience. However, it’s unclear at this moment if IKEA Singapore will bring in all of them.

Besides the obvious purpose of storing stuff, the lids also have the iconic LEGO studs which let you create and recreate unique decorations at home.

Here are some examples.

ikea-lego-collaboration-05.jpg.webp

Only limited by your creativity.

ikea-lego-collaboration-06.jpg.webp

You can have some family fun by creating the monster in your closet with the new BYGGLEK storage sets and of course, a bunch of LEGO bricks.

ikea-lego-collaboration-03.jpg.webp

ikea-lego-collaboration-02.jpg.webp

ikea-lego-collaboration-07.jpg.webp

So cool.

Coming in 2021

IKEA Singapore did not specify an exact date on when the LEGO storage boxes will be released, only saying it is coming in early 2021.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

I really don't knew the obsession with Lego... 

I never had it when I was growing up, cannot afford it anyway....  But the hoohah had been around since I was a kid. 

Even now that I have my own toddler,  I still don't really get them ... But my sister bought tonnes of it for my boy. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

I never had it when I was growing up, cannot afford it anyway....  But the hoohah had been around since I was a kid. 

Even now that I have my own toddler,  I still don't really get them ... But my sister bought tonnes of it for my boy. 

Last time I also couldn’t afford anything 

got people throw away stuff like toys and story books at the lift handing, I damn happy. Cheong and kope go home first. Like found a big treasure 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

The hoohah came from their pure marketing genius right from the time when  a customer is still a toddler. 

I did my professional certification in digital marketing by writing 5 papers on Lego marketing.  I wrote those papers by looking into the way they provided accessibility, engagement, customization, collaboration and connect.  They tackle these 5 important consumer behaviors better than any other companies, and if you go to Youtube and check which brand is the champion with most video views.....it is Lego with 10billion views. Not Coca-Cola, not Apple, not Nike, not ESPN, ...it is Lego.

As I sell real estate, I often visit homes and Lego is almost present in all the homes. I see children to adult clients obsessed with Lego.  Some of them bought it for investment value....I am not kidding. Some sets are now vintage and sells a lot in the used market.

I can go on with another 10 pages on Lego, but if one wants to know what made them such an obsession with kids and adults, it is really their marketing which was done way better than most companies could. Unknown to many, Lego actually has their own media agency which is one of the largest in Europe solely just to do Lego's ad campaigns.  

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 4
  • Shocked 1

Internal Moderator
4 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

I have the same childhood as you. My parents never bought me any lego at all.

1 hour ago, Icedbs said:

The hoohah came from their pure marketing genius right from the time when  a customer is still a toddler. 

I did my professional certification in digital marketing by writing 5 papers on Lego marketing.  I wrote those papers by looking into the way they provided accessibility, engagement, customization, collaboration and connect.  They tackle these 5 important consumer behaviors better than any other companies, and if you go to Youtube and check which brand is the champion with most video views.....it is Lego with 10billion views. Not Coca-Cola, not Apple, not Nike, not ESPN, ...it is Lego.

As I sell real estate, I often visit homes and Lego is almost present in all the homes. I see children to adult clients obsessed with Lego.  Some of them bought it for investment value....I am not kidding. Some sets are now vintage and sells a lot in the used market.

I can go on with another 10 pages on Lego, but if one wants to know what made them such an obsession with kids and adults, it is really their marketing which was done way better than most companies could. Unknown to many, Lego actually has their own media agency which is one of the largest in Europe solely just to do Lego's ad campaigns.  

I've never owned lego in my entire life.

Few years ago i didn't have a lego brick in my home.
And while we did go legoland twice, my kids are probably quite minimally exposed to lego marketing otherwise. I'm the one who bought the lego for them (other than 2 small creator sets given by my sister).

It may not benefit every child. But it's very suitable for my kids. Now we have a few sets.
Not all kids get as much mileage out of them. Because of role/pretend play, my kids get more out of them. If u just build and finish it, then repeat with something else, well it only helps certain boys bah.

I feel as an indoor toy, and if your kids are creative with it, it can provide a lot of hours of entertainment for them. And the pain of creating a mess or smashing up your own creation in a tantrum, gives quick feedback when u need to partly rebuild it all over again [laugh]

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 2

5 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

Lego is quite a perfect toy gift. My sister's creator sets were also partly what started my kids on lego. 

54 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Wonder what is LEGO sales figures and % in India vs other countries 

https://apnews.com/fe77ebeb061d4f3fabd475269bd8301d

Actually part of my shopping nowadays is to look at what lego sets my kids would like. Haha

China the pirated ones (lepin etc) are just imitations of the lego theme sets. They lack the originality and themes of lego design.
Sure if u want a knock off SW or Harry Potter lego set. But the creator and classic sets, no such equivalence in China.

From TB, I just have one very simple rescue vehicles pirated one. And they had this extra random people/girl figurines collection set that i found suitable for my kids pretend playing during CB. Cos otherwise there's only 1-2 figurines for every creator set, so the kids fight over it.

7 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

I grew up with lego. From one set became uncountables. It has life long after its built. My mother kept our bricks... now our kids get to play them when at her place. Its never simply about building the model altho collectors buy them that way. For me the fun starts after Ive built the thing and bored of it then tear down and do own thing

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, yishunite said:

I grew up with lego. From one set became uncountables. It has life long after its built. My mother kept our bricks... now our kids get to play them when at her place. Its never simply about building the model altho collectors buy them that way. For me the fun starts after Ive built the thing and bored of it then tear down and do own thing

yup. so classic/creator set more suitable for kids.

the more advanced the set, the less creative licence to anyhow build. 

Analog Minecraft  [laugh]

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

Looks like you know your toys too!!!

20200830_162104.thumb.jpg.4f973948b9b38d6b77deca402f898a8e.jpg

Starcom was my favourite!! So sad it didnt last... luckily wing commander pc game came out after that and that was even better haha

• Haha! 1

16 hours ago, Icedbs said:

Lego is not just a toy.

It can be used to teach school subjects.  Kid me not. 

There is a thing called certified lego educator career.  And our MOE schools are engaging such certified lego educators to teach our students in subjects 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
16 hours ago, Icedbs said:

What era was your paper based on? Growing up in 80s we've heard of lego but its not accessible price wise. We bought toys at emporium or yaohan or metro if more atas but lego was never an option for 99% of my peers, even for annual rewards if get top marks in school. Playmobil was the big deal then.

↡ Advertisement