2020 4th Generation Honda Odyssey Facelift

Carbon82

The Owner's Eye series on the latest Odyssey is a good reference source for those new owners to know their new car and those thinking of getting it. The video would have walk through all the features and functions of the car. But frankly this is more evolutionary rather than revolutionary like the latest Vezel.

Somehow the scrolling signaling lights on latest Vezel look like neon lights while the Odyssey got the traditional LED look:

Edited by Heartlander
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

I did a quick glance on the resale Odyssey, most of them are from KM, meaning PI did not capture too much of the mkt share. I am looking at the 2.0 hybrid new model, wondering any bros has any experience on the out going  hybrid model in term of experience Workshops, unique spare parts availability relating to hybrid model etc ?  I used to buy parts from fong tat but I suspect they would have parts for PI models or I am wrong ? 

Edited by Ct3833

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

I did a quick glance on the resale Odyssey, most of them are from KM, meaning PI did not capture too much of the mkt share. I am looking at the 2.0 hybrid new model, wondering any bros has any experience on the out going  hybrid model in term of experience Workshops, unique spare parts availability relating to hybrid model etc ?  I used to buy parts from fong tat but I suspect they would have parts for PI models or I am wrong ? 

I am interested in the hybrid as well and noticed that there are 4 PI currently selling this model. Just not sure if they have ready stock and the spec. Had sent one of those a query. Only concern is the Infotainment has to be re-fit locally or straight from factory and the language. 

On 4/3/2021 at 12:55 PM, Fat_slayer said:

I am interested in the hybrid as well and noticed that there are 4 PI currently selling this model. Just not sure if they have ready stock and the spec. Had sent one of those a query. Only concern is the Infotainment has to be re-fit locally or straight from factory and the language. 

in my own opinion, it is worth give vincar a try, good chance they  would  have ready stock, i am unable to find a good time to pop by yet. 

I think the infotainment will be a local market one because the original might be for japanese market only. Language wise, so far have been japanese language, this is a major drawback as far as I am concerned. Otherwise, it makes a lot of sense to buy the 2L hybrid.  Fuel consumption alone should be close to half of the 2.4L version, that is about $200 saving per month for average usage compare to the 2.4L model. 

• Praise 3

@Ct3833 $200/month > $2400/yr > $12,000 for 5yrs or $24,000 for 10yrs (if you really drive for 10yrs)  Price delta for the 2.5l petrol ($158k based on 8 seater from KM) vs 2.0L hybrid (~$175k from PI)....

• Praise 1

On 4/3/2021 at 12:55 PM, Fat_slayer said:

Prime's showroom at Ubi has a facelifted Odyssey since Feb/March when i looking fo buy Camry Hybrid. In fact its showroom has 1 of the largest selection of new cars in Singapore.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Streamium70 said:

@Ct3833 $200/month > $2400/yr > $12,000 for 5yrs or $24,000 for 10yrs (if you really drive for 10yrs)  Price delta for the 2.5l petrol ($158k based on 8 seater from KM) vs 2.0L hybrid (~$175k from PI)....

Also not forgetting the saving from road tax which would be $1630 - $1271 = $359/yr meaning $3600 over 10 years.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Hi all Shifus,

Last night I found the lights in my Honda car becoming like that as shown in the pics.

Can someone please advise what is the problem and how to fix it?

Thanks.

Screenshot_20210714-083049_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210714-083257_Gallery.jpg

On 7/14/2021 at 2:45 PM, GGMU said:

Hi all Shifus,

Last night I found the lights in my Honda car becoming like that as shown in the pics.

Can someone please advise what is the problem and how to fix it?

Thanks.

Screenshot_20210714-083049_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210714-083257_Gallery.jpg

Nothing wrong with your car. It's the way the segment display is designed, so that it can display many different types of letters, like P N R D, gears 1 to 7, S for gear select, and a few other letters that I can't remember. It's not your typical 7-segment display. 

Looking to sign by today for a hybrid Odyssey 2021 8 seater.

Anyone know any wireless carplay options from renown brands like pioneer or Kenwood for this car? I understand it's an 8 inch HU right?

On 10/16/2021 at 3:43 AM, Thetnee said:

Looking to sign by today for a hybrid Odyssey 2021 8 seater.

Anyone know any wireless carplay options from renown brands like pioneer or Kenwood for this car? I understand it's an 8 inch HU right?

hope u managed to sign then. COE just shot up!

3 minutes ago, benoit16 said:

hope u managed to sign then. COE just shot up!

yes bro I did! HAHA. Signed last saturday. $184K and i asked for a Kenwood 10.1 dmx9720xs  Head unit upgrade ($1799 SRP) so we settled at $184888

Trade in they matched Carro as well.

Today msged the PI he said he feel like running away jokingly already but he said no problem la they will fulfill, they have plenty of Open Cat spare. haaha

1 minute ago, Thetnee said:

yes bro I did! HAHA. Signed last saturday. $184K and i asked for a Kenwood 10.1 dmx9720xs  Head unit upgrade ($1799 SRP) so we settled at $184888

Trade in they matched Carro as well.

Today msged the PI he said he feel like running away jokingly already but he said no problem la they will fulfill, they have plenty of Open Cat spare. haaha

that's great! hehe congrats! 

woohoo! just got word from Jack Cars that I can pickup my new Odyssey Hybrid on 1st Nov, even though the earliest date i can trade in my BMW is 20 Nov but they take in my old car earlier to let me enjoy the new ride earlier. 🙂 Amazing service and super grateful to the SE. 

they also bid Open Cat COE for me without any top ups as I locked in my pricing last Sat before the COE increased.

• Praise 1

20 minutes ago, Fat_slayer said:

@Thetnee 

Congrats.... may i know what ICE player they provide? Is it able to link up with the reverse and factory fitted 360 camera? 

Is the display at the metering cluster still in japanese?

Not sure what they provided but I requested to upgrade to Kenwood DMX9720XS  cause I wanted wireless carplay.  Added about $800+ to top up for that.not bad considering on market this HU about 1.7k