2020 4th Generation Honda Odyssey Facelift

Carbon82

22 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

actually, all the 4-row cars (stavic, maxus, or starex, or this) are likely to have little of no leg room, cos the cars themselves aren't very much longer than a 3-row car. 

Is like if i have a pot of rice that is normally enough to feed my family of 3. Suddenly one day a person turns up unannounced and i ask him to stat for dinner... confirmed not enough to fill everybody's stomach completely... But at least all 4 won't starve lor...

So the 3-row option is going to be a luxury, while the 4-row option is really stretching it...

One thing about 9-seater, is normal class 3 allowed to drive? I've come across some places that say class 3 allows to drive car that can carry max addditional 7 pax (apart from driver)...

It's the archaic definitions of Class 3. Once it's registered as S plate passenger car, Class 3 can drive it. If it's registered under the PA plate, need to have vocational license. I remember seeing Stavics being registered as S plates.

I remember last time they classified Class 3 as up to 1500kg unladen weight, some luxury cars and large MPVs already broke the unladen weight limit. Now it's 2500kg. And yes, I just checked, the 7 passenger limit is still there.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

5 hours ago, Alpha78 said:

It's the archaic definitions of Class 3. Once it's registered as S plate passenger car, Class 3 can drive it. If it's registered under the PA plate, need to have vocational license. I remember seeing Stavics being registered as S plates.

I remember last time they classified Class 3 as up to 1500kg unladen weight, some luxury cars and large MPVs already broke the unladen weight limit. Now it's 2500kg. And yes, I just checked, the 7 passenger limit is still there.

yah, those policy makers should look at all these and see how best to decide, and avoid ambiguity. If the 7-passenger limit is still around, then if drive a S-plate 9-seater, will get fined or not one? Later really happened, then people go social media complain, will look bad on them also...

• Praise 1

21 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

yah, those policy makers should look at all these and see how best to decide, and avoid ambiguity. If the 7-passenger limit is still around, then if drive a S-plate 9-seater, will get fined or not one? Later really happened, then people go social media complain, will look bad on them also...

Maybe it's done on purpose. Otherwise without the passenger limit, some smart alecks start to register 11-seater mini-bus as S plate, then run private hire service with it. No vocational license required. Tada.

• Haha! 1

42 minutes ago, Alpha78 said:

Maybe it's done on purpose. Otherwise without the passenger limit, some smart alecks start to register 11-seater mini-bus as S plate, then run private hire service with it. No vocational license required. Tada.

I think the savings of not having vocational licence is insufficient to make up for the taxes paid for an S plated Minibus...😂

If I have the money for S plate, I might consider buying a Toyota

Coaster.

Provided its legal.

15 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

This optional grill look so much better on the facelift Odyssey.

ODYSSEY_ACCESS_Wall_Paper_02.jpg

ODYSSEY_ACCESS_Wall_Paper_01.jpg

ODYSSEY_ACCESS_Wall_Paper_01.jpg

ODYSSEY_ACCESS_Wall_Paper_03.jpg

ODYSSEY_ACCESS_Wall_Paper_04.jpg

ODYSSEY_ACCESS_Wall_Paper_02.jpg

ODYSSEY_ACCESS_Wall_Paper_03.jpg

ODYSSEY_ACCESS_Wall_Paper_04.jpg

Really amazing he effect a front grill can make. Really look more macho and not japanese.

Long over due for a facelift . In my opinion, 3 of the most popular family  MPVs here  are Sharan  , Estima and Odyssey, but Estima has been facelifted too many times for decades that now it is no longer in the run with Sharan and Odyssey. But both Sharan and Odyssey's design have been quite long in the market also, the facelift comes in  timely to give Odyssey image a little boost. But i think generally people who like the european feel will go after  Sharan while those who are worried about European brands will go the Oryssey way.

Will this be a hybrid 2L? 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

I was told AD is not bringing in the hybrid. Seems like Honda has a bad track record for hybrid cars. Their hybrid are mainly for Jap market so ours will still be the 2.4 petrol.

Edited by ktnpl

1 hour ago, ktnpl said:

I was told AD is not bringing in the hybrid. Seems like Honda has a bad track record for hybrid cars. Their hybrid are mainly for Jap market so ours will still be the 2.4 petrol.

Then potential hybrid  buyers can only depend on PIs again.

19 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Then potential hybrid  buyers can only depend on PIs again.

Honda hybrid not as successful as Toyota. I heard car will get less and less power over time. After 5 years will be like flogging an old horse.

On 1/6/2021 at 3:32 PM, ktnpl said:

Honda hybrid not as successful as Toyota. I heard car will get less and less power over time. After 5 years will be like flogging an old horse.

I am not sure how true this is. To me, hybrid is about electric motor, it is either it will move or will not move,  next is how lasting the batteries are .  The claims of  a car  getting slower after some years is strange.   Anyway ,  just assuming a particular batch may have this problem, electric motor and batteries are mostly OEM these days, if  other brands have no problems, I dont see why Honda should have this unique problem across the models.   

image.png.fc02c98c3fa11939d46c47231e423a3e.png

Can google for more info on it. I became aware of it after a hybrid driver shared her experience during one of the convoy trip. I was surprised at first but it made sense. All batteries do get weaker over time but the results will vary depending on the brand.