2020 4th Generation Honda Odyssey Facelift

Carbon82

12 minutes ago, ktnpl said:

Just to add, Honda cars are very reliable in general, just maybe not their hybrids.

My friend did have his hybrid battery problems on his civic but that was much longer than 10 years ago, i dont believe Honda still have the same problem. That Odyssey on the header  of your article is not referring to the model if my english is correct.  But thanks. Will look out for it. 

Will be good if sharan could come out with hybrid model as well. 

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement

19 hours ago, Fat_slayer said:

Heard this car will be in showroom sometime in Mar this year.  Comes with Honda Sensing.

Pricing already out.

Can share how is it priced ? KM seems to have removed the outgoing odyssey  from sgcarmart.

I am hoping to see a facelift Sharan to heat up the competition , but sharan is quite ex now after the recent coe increase.

Edited by Ct3833

I went to Honda Singapore website. Is the Odyssey listed there the newest version or the previous version? Was Odyssey offered as Hybrid by AD before? When don't they bring 2L Hybrid... 2.4L road tax higher plus not enough torque to move such a heavy car....

Instead of individual captain seat in the middle row, is there a version that you can sit 3 adult comfortably in the middle row. 3rd row will be tight for 3 adults i assume cos the bench is much narrower.

On 2/10/2021 at 4:26 PM, Unknown79 said:

I went to Honda Singapore website. Is the Odyssey listed there the newest version or the previous version? Was Odyssey offered as Hybrid by AD before? When don't they bring 2L Hybrid... 2.4L road tax higher plus not enough torque to move such a heavy car....

Instead of individual captain seat in the middle row, is there a version that you can sit 3 adult comfortably in the middle row. 3rd row will be tight for 3 adults i assume cos the bench is much narrower.

The one on Honda Singapore Kah Motor website is the old model. You can see the price of the new model here together with the old. The newer models comes with Honda Sensing, power boot, Android / Apple Car play etc.

To my knowledge, Kah Motor have never offered the Hybrid Variant.

There are two variants offered by the AD, the 8 seater version which sits 3 adults in the middle row and the 7 seater version. 3rd row is not that bad (it’s a MPV), will be better you go down and see for yourself if it suits your needs.

Neutral Newbie

Took delivery on 19 Mar. 8 seater. Quite bad. Apart from lack of headlight and rain sensors, doesn’t even have reverse sensor. Don’t watch YouTube video reviews. The ones we are getting have been downspecd. E.g. No gesture sliding doors or power tailgate. If you don’t need to seat 8, don’t recommend. 

• Shocked 2

Looks like a facelifted model.

After 7 years they still did not bother to come out with a totally revamped Odyssey.

Supercharged
1 hour ago, tanguide said:

Took delivery on 19 Mar. 8 seater. Quite bad. Apart from lack of headlight and rain sensors, doesn’t even have reverse sensor. Don’t watch YouTube video reviews. The ones we are getting have been downspecd. E.g. No gesture sliding doors or power tailgate. If you don’t need to seat 8, don’t recommend. 

If it's so bad, why did you even buy it? No showroom car to see or test drive? AD or PI?

• Praise 2

My friend collected the 8 seater a couple of days ago too.  Reverse sensors and auto tailgate will be installed on the first servicing.  He signed purchase order without seeing the real car.  No GPS though although can link to AC or AA.

Yup.  our local 7 seaters version comes without the noise reducing wheels and hand gesture door opening.  A bit sad...

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Nav14 said:

After 7 years they still did not bother to come out with a totally revamped Odyssey.

It goes to show how outdated, sloppy Honda is by looking at this point they still are producing  2.4L NA  car

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Nav14 said:

Most of the manufacturers have killed their full size mpv, not many options available 

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

@Daniu82 AD. Ya should have waited for a demo. Got it pre launch testing the previous model. Was told the setup would be the same with just some face lifted changes and new features. Lesson learnt I guess. 

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, tanguide said:

@Daniu82 AD. Ya should have waited for a demo. Got it pre launch testing the previous model. Was told the setup would be the same with just some face lifted changes and new features. Lesson learnt I guess. 

Congrats tanguide. You have a new car, no complaints 😅.  Enjoy what you have while I envy you for what i don't even have. You paid 158k or less ? 

Edited by Ct3833

8 hours ago, tanguide said:

Collected my car around the same period as you. Was well aware that the 8 seater variant does not have rain sensor, hydrophobic side mirrors, cornering headlights, 360 cam, sun roof, door sunshades (your Agent should have updated you). One thing the agent failed to inform me was no automatic closing side mirrors after locking for the 8 seater (really cannot). The 8 seater comes fitted with rear cam with dynamic guide line.

The "problem" I have is, as you've mentioned reverse sensors and power tailgate have to be installed during the first 1000km servicing. 

Nothing much to shout about. Bought the car for the sole purpose of ferrying people, and happy it is doing that well.  (my expectations very low la 😁)

What I experience so far, car abit sluggish when moving off. Do note that I've yet to floor the accelerator still in the "break-in" period. 

Steering feel very light not much road feed back. (Drive MPV not sporks car la but I know impt for some)

Safety features of Honda Sensing happy with it so far, (very important to keep family safe)

Lane Keep Assist - LKA (works but I turn it off),

Collision Mitigation Braking - CMBS ( Very good, when you step on the gas while the car infront slows down there is a alert prompt. Thankfully, have yet to have the car brake for me ) 

Adaptive Cruise Control - Not tried (useless to me in sg)

Road Departure Mitigation - Pretty similar to LKA but less irritating 😆

The sound insulation is "alittle" better than previous gen.

What I wish it came with.

Memory seats, as this car is being used as a weekend family car. Abit "mah huan" to keep adjusting the seats.

Automatically folding mirrors when locking car. (This one cannot la! As mentioned earlier, the 8 seater version everytime have to remember to close the mirror before shutting down engine) 

Integrated side arm rest for 8 seater variant, sliding door design means no traditional arm rest. (Not an issue for 7 as they have Ottoman seats)

Bluetooth wireless Apple Carplay / Android Auto, currently must be wired  (no big deal but good to have)

Was told the car selling like hotcakes. Not surprising as not much competition. 

Ody.gif

Edited by Atachi
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3