EPL- 2020/2021

Spring

C56CBAFE-7158-4D65-8266-1F6A4A9458EE.thumb.jpeg.9886ac3dfb0e77b5d258ea4a08e11abd.jpegList of club gate receipts per season (2018-2019). If clubs continue to play behind close doors for the whole season, this chunk of money will be gone! 

• Praise 4

I think Kai Havertz is a waste of money.

Just like Michy Batshuayi and Tiémoué Bakayoko.

All 3 are good players but not top 6 PL club good.

:grin:

All these buys remind me of Andriy Shevchenko

and Fernando Torres. All Chelsea flops.

Same as Salah, KDB and Lukaku are really good

but they just don't suit Chelsea tactics.

• Haha! 3

8 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I think Kai Havertz is a waste of money.

Just like Michy Batshuayi and Tiémoué Bakayoko.

All 3 are good players but not top 6 PL club good.

All these buys remind me of Andriy Shevchenko

and Fernando Torres. All Chelsea flops.

Same as Salah, KDB and Lukaku are really good

but they just don't suit Chelsea tactics.

Kai  Havertz scored 3 goals in League Cup ..... [rifle] 

• Praise 2

Watched highlights of various games...expect more high scoring attack football this season. 

Everton looks refreshed with new heavyweight manager. More attacking football than last season. 

Spurs KS combo so lethal...add Bale to the mix is gonna be a formidable attack force. 

MC still has that killer instinct while attack from any side...

Pools, superb first XI, need more good subs to last all competitions and the season. 

Arsenal wise, I'm not too convinced they have yet quite assembled a squad to challenge top 4...same with The Blues...

LU played very fluid attacking football with reliable finishes but let down by poor defence...often enough men yet conceded goals... 

MU, i think needs another one or two big signings...if Lingard goes to Spurs in place of Ali...or let the young squad step up to play more since they love and can score from outside the box...

• Praise 3

I take back my words on the good things about VAR from last year.

VAR is another tool for "Kelong"... the offside line suka suka, the assistant deems the lines drawn from the angles they feel its right to make the call. If they want offside, they draw the line inwards. They want offside, they do it another way.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

30 minutes ago, Spurman said:

VAR is another tool for "Kelong"... the offside line suka suka, the assistant deems the lines drawn from the angles they feel its right to make the call. If they want offside, they draw the line inwards. They want offside, they do it another way.

dun want talk about this week game, all fu-- up. luckly leeds win with a 88 min header

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

31 minutes ago, Spurman said:

Can po mata. Yr team is really Robbed of two pts.

Any injustices if can even out over the cost of the whole season, then should net off. But spurs does play off the last defender, so naturally wi hv more offside contentions 

Maybe ask son to give chance 10cm 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Alot of goals this weekend as well with the highlight being City 2-5 defeat to Leicester. Chelsea coming back from 0-3 down to draw 3-3 was also another highlight. Looks like it's going to be Pool running away again based on early days form.

WBA v Chelsea game is the first drawn game of the new season and in fact so far there has only been 2 draws.

The other interesting fact was that the previous weekend games ie Round 2 of fixtures produced the most goals (45) in EPL history.

• Praise 4

35 minutes ago, Spurman said:

I don't think u can anyhow draw line. There is some protocol on this. Actually, from the first 3 rounds of game, VAR has improved from last season. What is annoying is the handball rule which has gone backwards, this is a rule issue n nothing to do with VAR.

• Praise 6

13 minutes ago, Cauldron said:

Can po mata. Yr team is really Robbed of two pts.

Any injustices if can even out over the cost of the whole season, then should net off. But spurs does play off the last defender, so naturally wi hv more offside contentions 

Maybe ask son to give chance 10cm 

Kai Havertz handled the ball before Chelsea's equaliser at WBA but it was deemed as different passage of play ie didn't go directly to the goal scorer Abraham so it was allowed. Therein lies the problem, different interpretation of the handball rule makes teams on the receiving end feel a sense of injustice. 

Edited: The equaliser for Newcastle was a handball penalty right? Not about offside.

• Praise 5

11 minutes ago, Spring said:

I don't think u can anyhow draw line. There is some protocol on this. Actually, from the first 3 rounds of game, VAR has improved from last season. What is annoying is the handball rule which has gone backwards, this is a rule issue n nothing to do with VAR.

yes. var seem settle more stable then last season.

but the handball rules is crazy, see leeds first handball against pools.  i think they will change sooner or later.  yesterday even newcastle manager say its crazy for them to get that pen.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Spurman said:

Brighton:”CCB VAR!” 🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Just now, Beregond said:

yes. var seem settle more stable then last season.

but the handball rules is crazy, see leeds first handball against pools.  i think they will change sooner or later.  yesterday even newcastle manager say its crazy for them to get that pen.

I foresee strikers trying to aim for defenders arm in the box to get a penalty. It would be a farce if this were to be the case! So many penalties given already in the first 3 rounds of games. Think it's a record?

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Spring said:

I foresee strikers trying to aim for defenders arm in the box to get a penalty. It would be a farce if this were to be the case! So many penalties given already in the first 3 rounds of games. Think it's a record?

Ya.

but man c 3 penalty i feel all 3 is legit.

Dun know what their  defenders  thinking...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Spurs vs Newcastle

A record set by Son for hitting the goal post 5 times in a match by a single player and none of the ball goes in .... :a-good:

Maybe JM ask the goal post to be lowered by 3" all sides for this match & Son keep hitting the post.... [sly]

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

On spur penalty, I really can't see how it was not a offside as the opponent player's head was clearly the furthest up front. 

But Dier's hand was too out stretched, hence penalty was awarded. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1