EPL- 2020/2021

Spring

2 hours ago, Spring said:

Like the UCL, the big clubs want to dominate but I’m on the fence on this as the 25% payment to EFL is a life saver and I suppose the main reason why Rick Parry supports the proposal.

Personally, I doubt if this proposal will go thru as it needs 14 members to approve it and I doubt if many more clubs outside the big 6 will support this move as with more voting power to the big 6, they will inevitably ask for more later on ie more TV revenue, more say in how the League is run and I dare say it, possibly even permanent status in the top flight which was what some of the established teams wanted for in UCL.

I had posted many times why I support new money being pumped in by Sheikhs, oligarchs etc. My reason was cos then there won’t be a closed party circle of old boys clubs. This move certainly adds value to my thinking as it used to be only a big 3 (Gunners, Pool n United), now it has grown to big 6 (City n Chelsea being pumped up by rich owners) and Spurs who is a good role model for getting into the party without sole backing of a rich owner. My point is if more rich owners with good intentions come in then the big 6 will grow and any idea of domination of a handful of clubs will be history. Just my 2 cents.....

EFL is really in a bad shape. If the rich EPL club were to help, it will not come with no strings attached.

"The plan calls for the nine clubs with the longest continued presence in the league, which includes the 'big six' to be given "long-term share-holder" status and the ability to make changes with the support of just six of the nine."

Morally, the optics are not pretty but i can understand the motivation for big 6 to consolidate their own power base. Actually, it is almost impossible for the big 6 to drop to the lower rung. Therefore can say they will be mainstay. It is the change of (6+6)/18 = 2/3 that is more troubling, meaning the "constitution" can be changed with 2/3 majority, assuming the big 6 toe the party line. Mmm... GRC for football clubs soon? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Most european clubs should stop paying ridiculous transfer fee and wages, these two are the main cost for football clubs. Compared to 10 yrs ago, nowadays transfer fee inflated up to 3-4x player value and their wages easily 2x above. 

• Praise 3

6 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Most european clubs should stop paying ridiculous transfer fee and wages, these two are the main cost for football clubs. Compared to 10 yrs ago, nowadays transfer fee inflated up to 3-4x player value and their wages easily 2x above. 

In theory, u r right but in practise, it’s all about demand n supply. Limited resources with high demand drives up prices. I don’t think the clubs intentionally go out to pay high wages n tfr fees.

It’s exactly like our COE actually. Obviously our car buyers prefer not to pay high COE prices but limited supply means prices get driven up inevitably. That’s how market forces work in any market not only football. 

• Praise 6

8 minutes ago, Spring said:

In theory, u r right but in practise, it’s all about demand n supply. Limited resources with high demand drives up prices. I don’t think the clubs intentionally go out to pay high wages n tfr fees.

It’s exactly like our COE actually. Obviously our car buyers prefer not to pay high COE prices but limited supply means prices get driven up inevitably. That’s how market forces work in any market not only football. 

Ya lor.

Though money management is not european forte by any means.

• Praise 1

More articles on the “project management” proposal by the big 6. As more info comes to light, quite obvious it’s a power grab by the big clubs. As such, most columnists are damning the proposals n accusing the big teams of being greedy. 

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/4206723/project-big-picture-is-an-attempted-power-grab-by-liverpoolman-united-and-premier-leagues-elite

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8829033/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Liverpool-Man-Uniteds-Project-Big-Picture-disgusting-Big-Six-power-grab.html

• Praise 5

6 minutes ago, Spring said:

More articles on the “project management” proposal by the big 6. As more info comes to light, quite obvious it’s a power grab by the big clubs. As such, most columnists are damning the proposals n accusing the big teams of being greedy. 

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/4206723/project-big-picture-is-an-attempted-power-grab-by-liverpoolman-united-and-premier-leagues-elite

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8829033/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Liverpool-Man-Uniteds-Project-Big-Picture-disgusting-Big-Six-power-grab.html

its a very 卑鄙 despicable act.

alot of smaller clubs are hanging by the thread, this proposal is like killing the goose for the eggs, they give large sum of money now, but need transfer power.

once this happen the fate of the rest of the big 6 no longer in their own hand.. 

• Praise 4

2 minutes ago, Beregond said:

its a very 卑鄙 despicable act.

alot of smaller clubs are hanging by the thread, this proposal is like killing the goose for the eggs, they give large sum of money now, but need transfer power.

once this happen the fate of the rest of the big 6 no longer in their own hand.. 

Like bro @Cauldron says, no free lunch by the big boys. Funds given with strings attached. That’s why I always warn against the old boys club closed door party which has been proven time and again to be selfish. All this talk on oligarchs n sheikhs with their dirty money tainting the game is hypocritical frankly n just to protect their own interests as the original big 3 has now been expanded.

At the risk of being slated by fans of the big clubs esp Liverpool n Man United, the clubs concerned just want to make sure there wont be a Leicester winning the EPL anymore n also no more expansion of big 6. Just want the title to be fought by a few clubs n I dare say, after that, they will try to make the big 6 to be big 5, 4 etc. Spurs the next most vulnerable club in my opinion. I on the other hand hope there will be more gate crashes with Everton n Leicester the more likely candidates n if Newcastle get a passionate owner, they will also likely be able to challenge the big 6.

By the way, the 3 clubs which were deemed the longest serving clubs other than the big 6 thereby forming the 9 clubs with the most voting rights were Everton, West Ham and Southampton.

• Praise 5

Theres 2nd wave of COVID in UK. Theres a chance the EPL or BPL whatever damn name its called now, might be shut again. Its a real problem. Italy, France, etc not spared. The finances might be hurting again soon and I fear this might be the time these clubs wake up to reality.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Spurman said:

Theres 2nd wave of COVID in UK. Theres a chance the EPL or BPL whatever damn name its called now, might be shut again. Its a real problem. Italy, France, etc not spared. The finances might be hurting again soon and I fear this might be the time these clubs wake up to reality.

ya. eu  is having a 2nd or 3rd outbreak. 

and the virus is even harder to kill in winter. 

as much as  i dread it, i think epl got high chance to shut down again .

u see those ppl at the by line and stand u know their pattern already , no 1 bother with mask 1.

must less about other preventive action...

• Praise 2

9 hours ago, Jamesc said:

West Ham bubble burst.

The secret was DM hide himself with Covid and not at the match

then West Ham can win.

:grin:

haiz. i dun want take about epl this week.........

think i gonna stop watching chelsea till lampa get the boot.

watch leeds enough . 

i prefer him playing for chelsea anytime, but not managing pls..............

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Wah that Bale is so good.

He comes on and 3 goals are scored

By the opposition.

I think all the managers will hope Bale plays more often.

Bale what an impact player.

• Haha! 3

15 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

If AV can beat any three of these four -MC, Everton, Spurs, Gunners, Blues - got chance to challenge top 6 liao 

i give av a top 10 at best this season.

but i give everton a real bet, they gonna be fighting for top 4 till the end.

even fighting for the title.

chelsea pool man u man c , all got problem this season. everton without ucl distraction, and keep their player inj free.

they gonna be up there somewhere end of season. 

their manager is not some new bird.... 

(i still remember carlos ancelotti screamer goal against real, when ac wack real 5-0 )😁

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 2

See lah.

Neymar cannot score

Kylian Mbappé cannot score

But Bruno Fernandes can score.

Marcus Rashford can score.

Even Anthony Martial can score.

• Haha! 1

Goodbye Arsenal Mascot Gunnersaurus 

He kenna tio pok.

Arsenal have got rid of Gunnersaurus in a 'cost cutting' exercise.

They got rid of the wrong dinosaurus lah.

The got rid of the one on the left when they should have pok the other one.

image.png.ffd7132016d188a77539f667c6e92547.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1