EPL- 2020/2021

Spring

On 1/4/2021 at 8:49 PM, Jamesc said:

Despite all this gossip, recent reports claim that Abramovich is in talks with Massimiliano Allegri to succeed Lampard. The ex-Juventus coach has spent the 2019/2020 season unemployed and is looking to make his return to coaching. With his vast collection of major trophies(winning Serie A – 6 times, Coppa Italia – 4 times, and Supercoppa Italiana – 3 times) he seems like the most suitable available option. Allegri’s dream is to win the Champions League, which is something quite by the taste of Abramovich.

dun know loh. despite his good record in seria A , its only in italy. 

i am really gutted posh went PSG, i was secretly pray they replace lampa with him..........

but from chelsea history italian manager always do quite well at chelsea. 

not saying lampa wont do good or turn thing around. but it might be too late to make top 4. like asn now, even if arteta turn things around now and get better performance, i really doubt they will make top 4 this season 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

On 1/4/2021 at 8:49 PM, Jamesc said:

Despite all this gossip, recent reports claim that Abramovich is in talks with Massimiliano Allegri to succeed Lampard. The ex-Juventus coach has spent the 2019/2020 season unemployed and is looking to make his return to coaching. With his vast collection of major trophies(winning Serie A – 6 times, Coppa Italia – 4 times, and Supercoppa Italiana – 3 times) he seems like the most suitable available option. Allegri’s dream is to win the Champions League, which is something quite by the taste of Abramovich.

Depend on which reports u read, Chelsea has been talking to Tuchel as well and some even mention Brandan Rogers and Rafa Benitez also. The trouble with Allegri is he doesn't speak English though reports say he is learning and he has lack of experience outside Italy though his CV is undoubtedly impressive.

Tuchel is known for being outspoken and he has clashed with sporting directors at both PSG and Dortmund before so Chelsea are wary of this. To be fair no club wants a Mgr who doesn’t toe the line. Chelsea had this issue with Conte n JM before so it will be a surprise if they choose him. Even Klopp toes the line despite his success.

Brendan Rogers with his Chelsea background seems a good fit but it would be difficult to prise him from Leicester and his lack of silverware other than at Celtic may work against him. All in all I expect Lampard to remain at least till the end of the season unless there is a dressing room revolt or Chelsea’s form worsen.

• Praise 5

12 minutes ago, Beregond said:

dun know loh. despite his good record in seria A , its only in italy. 

i am really gutted posh went PSG, i was secretly pray they replace lampa with him..........

but from chelsea history italian manager always do quite well at chelsea. 

not saying lampa wont do good or turn thing around. but it might be too late to make top 4. like asn now, even if arteta turn things around now and get better performance, i really doubt they will make top 4 this season 

This season has been topsy turvy with even the 2 strongest teams ie Pool n City having blips but class will stand out over a season I feel as form is temporary. Not too long ago, the critics were out for Ole and Arteta but a turnaround of form meant they were spared. Now it’s Lampard’s turn and not helped by his spending of 220mil+

Yes Poch would hv been a good choice at any top 6 team not only Chelsea but he has joined PSG. As in my earlier post, the candidates mentioned all hv their shortcomings so I doubt Chelsea will change Mgrs at this stage. I still feel the best man for the job at Chelsea would hv been Ancelotti whom I’ve mentioned several times. In fact I’m surprised Gunners chose Arteta over him when he was available.

• Praise 4

anw spurs going to leag cup final.

if he win it , it will be spurs first trophy in like more then 10 years. u can bet he gonna start digging at ppl 😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Just now, Beregond said:

anw spurs going to leag cup final.

if he win it , it will be spurs first trophy in like more then 10 years. u can bet he gonna start digging at ppl 😂

Yes Spurs v City is a worthy Final and I’m happy that the 2 clubs who took the competition seriously were justifiably rewarded. To be fair Chelsea and United also took the competition seriously n were only knocked out by the 2 teams which eventually reached the Final. Even some mid table teams like Newcastle chose to field weaker teams in the competition. Enough said n congrats to Spurs n City!

• Praise 4

I want to help West Brom stay up.

They are the players they can sign on loan.

Daniel James - Man Utd

Felipe Anderson - West Ham

Robert Snodgrass - West Ham

Mesut Ozil - Arsenal

Mo Elneny - Arsenal

Ismaïla Sarr - Watford

Callum Hudson-Odoi - Chelsea 

Victor Moses - Chelsea 

Deli Ali - Spurs

Yannick Bolasie - Everton

Jean Seri - Fulham

Islam Slimani - Leicester

Loris Karius - Liverpool (got Champions League Cup Final experience)

:grin:

• Haha! 1

35 minutes ago, Scion said:

Premier League banning hugging, handshakes and high 5 during goal celebrations? 😂

Safest victory celebration...very social distancing 😁

tenor (1).gif

• Haha! 2

On 1/8/2021 at 9:35 PM, Jamesc said:

I want to help West Brom stay up.

Mesut Ozil - Arsenal

:grin:

he going turkey liao .

i am betting on big sam to turn thing around, he got 1/2 a season, i think high chance should just stay up. 

• Haha! 2

Frank Lampard now the odds on favourite to be the next EPL Mgr to be sacked after Chelsea went down 0-2 to Leicester which meant the Foxes now lead the table though they can be overtook by Man U n Man City who play later this week.

• Praise 5

3 minutes ago, Spring said:

Frank Lampard now the odds on favourite to be the next EPL Mgr to be sacked after Chelsea went down 0-2 to Leicester which meant the Foxes now lead the table though they can be overtook by Man U n Man City who play later this week.

he lost the plot liao.

last year chelsea attacking football still nice to watch even though the back line is leaky, 

this year, there is no flow in chelsea football, many time win ugly, like last game against fulham, the goal was a gift.

we change our top 3 the most in epl i believe, lampard dun know who is his best team till now .

i doubt  he will be give time like arteta.

( really surprise arteta is still around, i believe its a sight of asn dwelling ambition 

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Beregond said:

he lost the plot liao.

last year chelsea attacking football still nice to watch even though the back line is leaky, 

this year, there is no flow in chelsea football, many time win ugly, like last game against fulham, the goal was a gift.

we change our top 3 the most in epl i believe, lampard dun know who is his best team till now .

( really surprise arteta is still around, i believe its a sight of asn dwelling ambition 

I do agree that Lampard seems to hv lost the plot. However, who can replace him?

The ones available are Tuchel, Allegri n Ragnick but all 3 don’t hv experience in EPL n Tuchel can’t even speak English from what i read. There is even talk of Shevchenko coming in which is crazy as he is as inexperienced as Lampard is.

I suppose the better choice would be Rogers but he would be difficult to pry from Leicester. Nagelsmann is also a consideration but similarly tied up at Leipzig. Poch would hv been the best choice but PSG has since poached him.

• Praise 4

23 minutes ago, Beregond said:

he lost the plot liao.

The owner lost the plot. Not lamps i feel.

Buy buy buy. Buy not the right players or perhaps players not suited.

The mount. The ibrahim. The pullisc ones which r loyal to lamps one prob feel let down by the new mega signing players.... thus cannot click.

51 minutes ago, Spurman said:

The owner lost the plot. Not lamps i feel.

Buy buy buy. Buy not the right players or perhaps players not suited.

The mount. The ibrahim. The pullisc ones which r loyal to lamps one prob feel let down by the new mega signing players.... thus cannot click.

No la i feel its lamp problem. 

It normal for good owner to invest in their clubs.

Its up to the manager and the board to decide who to buy. 

Different clubs have different ways.

Some clubs like man u and asn last time. The manager have all the say in selling and buying players. 

But across  eu. There is another  way. The board or director will be in charge of investing in players.

The manager job is make them work. 

If it dun work. just bring in a new manager. Instead  of every new manager u need change 1 team of players.

I think this is the better way.

• Praise 1

See like spurs go buy back bale. Loan as in.

Fans want. Chairman want. All got say perhaps. N he was delivered back.

Privately maybe mou knows he bei kan liao. And proven right.

Though mou tactics i feel also not right. Dunno why the f he dun wan give dele alli. Bale some more games to prove. While moura n bergwin both given games but bei kan leh

28 minutes ago, Spurman said:

See like spurs go buy back bale. Loan as in.

Fans want. Chairman want. All got say perhaps. N he was delivered back.

Privately maybe mou knows he bei kan liao. And proven right.

Though mou tactics i feel also not right. Dunno why the f he dun wan give dele alli. Bale some more games to prove. While moura n bergwin both given games but bei kan leh

watch some with spurs game and some with bale playing.

i feel he no longer the bale that went to real last time, also not at the level when he is at real.

last time he got the energy pace speed to keep running at def. 

now he is like playing a slower game, either he lost it, or he not putting in full effort at spurs.

i am not surprise at all JM dun want extend his loan.

season and proven manager like JM alway will  have their number one first team , they would drop any 1 they deem not good enough,

i wish lampard will fix a first team like spurs is doing, result come before anything else

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

this season quite exciting leh, despite the matches damn boring due to no fans

hot fav Liverpool seems to lao hong liao

Chelsea was promising at first but is actually a title pretender

Man Utd (and Ole) always tio ridiculed but surprisingly race to the top now

Leicester a quiet dark horse as always

Tottenham was firing at all angles at first with Son and Kane but now slightly falling behind

Man City tot got many aging, covid and injury issues but still manages to keep up

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

15 minutes ago, Scion said:

this season quite exciting leh, despite the matches damn boring due to no fans

hot fav Liverpool seems to lao hong liao

Man City tot got many aging, covid and injury issues but still manages to keep up

ok la, what go up must come down, pools 67 game unbeaten leh.

lose 1 in 68 is crisis meh. 

1 ucl 1 epl  in 2 years, who dun want kloop. chelsea always willing to trade lampa with him😁

man c players is far from old, if u look across every 1, only 2 - 3 i believe.

and they got young international players available as replacement in every position.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1