EPL- 2020/2021

Spring

Man U beat Pool 3-2 in the FA Cup last night and it was a much better match than the recent League meeting between the teams. Pool played a good game despite the defeat and Salah found back his scoring boots as well. United counter attack together with Spurs is perhaps the most feared in the EPL.

Pool again got criticised due to their high line but I don’t believe they became a bad team overnight. I always feel form is temporary whilst class is permanent. My take is that the injuries to VVD and Gomez has upset their rhythm and fluidity which is not helped by having regular Midfielders Fabinho n even Henderson having to cover at CB. I’m optimistic they will recover but it may not be enough to win the League but top 4 I believe is well within their grasp.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

Lampard sacked. A surprise for me as I thought they would hv given him till end season. Tuchel the favourite but I wonder if he can turn Chelsea around?

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2021/01/25/statement-on-frank-lampard?cardIndex=0-0

Chelsea Football Club have today parted company with Head Coach Frank Lampard.

This has been a very difficult decision, and not one that the owner and the Board have taken lightly.

We are grateful to Frank for what he has achieved in his time as Head Coach of the Club. However, recent results and performances have not met the Club’s expectations, leaving the Club mid-table without any clear path to sustained improvement.

There can never be a good time to part ways with a club legend such as Frank, but after lengthy deliberation and consideration it was decided a change is needed now to give the Club time to improve performances and results this season.

Roman Abramovich said,
“This was a very difficult decision for the Club, not least because I have an excellent personal relationship with Frank and I have the utmost respect for him’.

“He is a man of great integrity and has the highest of work ethics. However, under current circumstances we believe it is best to change managers.

“On behalf of everyone at the Club, the Board and personally, I would like to thank Frank for his work as Head Coach and wish him every success in the future. He is an important icon of this great club and his status here remains undiminished. He will always be warmly welcomed back at Stamford Bridge.”

The Club will be making no further comment until such time as a new Head Coach is appointed.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

Maybe Roman reads MCF?

:grin:

On 1/4/2021 at 3:48 PM, Jamesc said:

Time for Lampa to go.

If not give him another 200 million to fix the problem.

:D

11 minutes ago, Spring said:

Lampard sacked. A surprise for me as I thought they would hv given him till end season. Tuchel the favourite but I wonder if he can turn Chelsea around?

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2021/01/25/statement-on-frank-lampard?cardIndex=0-0

Chelsea Football Club have today parted company with Head Coach Frank Lampard.

This has been a very difficult decision, and not one that the owner and the Board have taken lightly.

We are grateful to Frank for what he has achieved in his time as Head Coach of the Club. However, recent results and performances have not met the Club’s expectations, leaving the Club mid-table without any clear path to sustained improvement.

There can never be a good time to part ways with a club legend such as Frank, but after lengthy deliberation and consideration it was decided a change is needed now to give the Club time to improve performances and results this season.

Roman Abramovich said,
“This was a very difficult decision for the Club, not least because I have an excellent personal relationship with Frank and I have the utmost respect for him’.

“He is a man of great integrity and has the highest of work ethics. However, under current circumstances we believe it is best to change managers.

“On behalf of everyone at the Club, the Board and personally, I would like to thank Frank for his work as Head Coach and wish him every success in the future. He is an important icon of this great club and his status here remains undiminished. He will always be warmly welcomed back at Stamford Bridge.”

The Club will be making no further comment until such time as a new Head Coach is appointed.

• Haha! 1

23 minutes ago, Spring said:

not surprise.

their win over fulham was lucky , the play was real bad.

watch their game vs luton also. shake head.

• Haha! 1

17 hours ago, Hamburger said:

At Chelsea, its always player's power over the manager. 

Like it or not, they are the most successful EPL team in the Roman era ie the EPL team that has won the most trophies since 2004. So their hire n fire method which I personally don’t agree works for them. 

• Praise 6

1 hour ago, Spring said:

Like it or not, they are the most successful EPL team in the Roman era ie the EPL team that has won the most trophies since 2004. So their hire n fire method which I personally don’t agree works for them. 

u compare to man u .

since sir alex left. almost every manager that come in change 1 batch of player, how much have they spend on players for every single manager.

i would say the system of having a director in charge of investment rather then manager have all the say is better.

and frankly speaking man u performance this season despite them being on top still not extremely good , more like man c and pools is losing form.

worst thing is despite every clubs losing form , chelsea find themself almost out of top 10....

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Beregond said:

u compare to man u .

since sir alex left. almost every manager that come in change 1 batch of player, how much have they spend on players for every single manager.

i would say the system of having a director in charge of investment rather then manager have all the say is better.

and frankly speaking man u performance this season despite them being on top still not extremely good , more like man c and pools is losing form.

worst thing is despite every clubs losing form , chelsea find themself almost out of top 10....

Yes DoF (Director of Football) is the preferred set up these days. It’s commonly used in the other European Leagues but in EPL, traditionally Mgr has the say in almost everything like Fergie n Wenger in the old days. They were practically THE BOSS!

However, DoF has its drawbacks as well as the players brought in by him may not necessarily be accepted by the Mgr and abit unfair that end of day if don’t do well, the Mgr gets the sack even if DoF brings in inferior players or players not suited to the Mgr’s system of play.

The more flexible Mgrs like Klopp accepts whoever is given to him but those like Mourinho will use the excuse that players not recruited by him were forced upon him if things turn sour. So I guess for a club to have DoF, then the club concerned has to ensure that the appointed Mgr accepts this arrangement.

• Praise 6

Pool’s 3-1 win over Spurs last night plus Man United’s loss to bottom place Sheff Utd 24 hrs earlier means the title race has once again been thrown wide open. No team seems to be consistent although Man City seems to be coming back to form again but the loss of De Bruyne and also Aguero out with Covid is a blow to them.

• Praise 5

Harry Kane suffered injuries to both ankles and expected to be out for few weeks at least as he was taken off at HT in last night’s match vs Pool. This is a major blow to Spurs as Kane plus Son are the 2 main players for them.

• Praise 6

Tuchel is very lucky Lampa planted all the seeds getting Timo, Kai, Hakim etc etc

and Tuchel will say these players need one season to get used to the speed to EPL.

That buys him one season and by then these world class players will be flying

and they will say Tuchel is a genius.

And if all that fails he will buy Mbappe.

• Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Tuchel is very lucky Lampa planted all the seeds getting Timo, Kai, Hakim etc etc

and Tuchel will say these players need one season to get used to the speed to EPL.

That buys him one season and by then these world class players will be flying

and they will say Tuchel is a genius.

And if all that fails he will buy Mbappe.

i bet if he miss top 4. next season chelsea maybe change manager again.

wake up watch tuchel first game, must say despite the draw , chelsea play very well.

esp kai, 

• Praise 3

Jose is a sheet manager.

Spurs first choice strike force of Kane and Son can beat a makeshift Liverpool defence made of well anyone that is fit or can move.

Jose cannot organise his defence and that's all he is famous for. Parking the bus.

Jose defence leak more than my MIL.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Jose is a sheet manager.

Spurs first choice strike force of Kane and Son can beat a makeshift Liverpool defence made of well anyone that is fit or can move.

Jose cannot organise his defence and that's all he is famous for. Parking the bus.

Jose defence leak more than my MIL.

pool slump is temperory only, their class and standard is there, is 1 notch abrove spurs chelsea and other pretenders for the title.

i would say this season still between pools and  man c.

( i really dun know how to judge man u 😂)

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

chelsea need their centre back to teach their attacker how to shoot🤐

I don’t know what to say about Marcos Alonso. He is a really good player going forward but he is a liability at the back as well. I guess he will have a place in the team when they play with wing backs but not when they play full backs?

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

Just now, Spring said:

I don’t know what to say about Marcos Alonso. He is a really player going forward but he is a liability at the back as well. I guess he will have a place in the team when they play with wing backs but not when they play full backs?

he is world class as wing back. but his positioning and marking is not good. 

but his skills and touches all much better then chilwell.  chilwell performance gone downhill since his first and 2nd game esp in the attacking area. his only positive over alonso is he def better. 

but with this new system i doubt he will get back easily.

i dun think tammy got much chance under tuchel also. tuchel wont show the loyalty toward these homegrown english player like lampard do.

the worst dilemma is how to fit kante in . the partnership between Jorginho and Kovacic is extremely good.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2