EPL- 2020/2021

Spring

29 minutes ago, Beregond said:

i bet pep and man c will come good.

but i think man u and asn is gone case 

i watched the whole Spurs-City match, and felt that City really lacked the cutting edge their showed plenty of in the last few seasons. They always had this look that they will score soon, in most if not all matches - such was their potent attack. The whole team knew exactly where (which pocket of space) to run into, in anticipation of 2 passes ahead, so that they can evade markers, and while most other teams (like Pool) tend to play safe and look for free players to pass the ball to, City players thrived at close control and short passes-and-runs, before they find openings to shoot. Honestly, i felt their attack was the most potent in the league, even ahead of Pool.

But against Spurs, something was lacking and City didn't look like scoring. If this problem is not addressed, Pep will have a hard time continuing to dominate teams in EPL (the way they have been doing couple of seasons ago).

Man U needs time to get back to their best, cannot be impatient. Pool took 30 yr. Must not lose faith. Gunners was doing ok, but the last few games seem to have regressed significantly...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

18 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

To the neutrals - or any spectators - it is definitely more exciting to watch attacking soccer. I remember when i was young, i preferred Big League Soccer overwhelmingly c.f. to Football Made in Germany, both on B/W tv... the reason was cos BLS keep attacking, but FMG kept

i start off watching seria A , i love italian and their art of defending 

maybe i am 1 of the odd 1 out.

but 1 thing i am very sure of.  winning trophy beat everything else, no matter how u play . 😁

if the way u play ppl love it, its just iceing on the cake

• Haha! 2

9 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

It's high time to abolish the stupid rule of not letting keepers to move until penalty takes took the kick. 

Manure survived the game because of this rule. 

actually i tot this rule has been there from the beginning of time - except maybe last time no tech aid so not always enforced?

imagine if goalie sprinted out before taker kicked the ball, and then tackle the taker before he took the kick... 😂

guess the decision makers also have a tough time deciding...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

actually i tot this rule has been there from the beginning of time - except maybe last time no tech aid so not always enforced?

imagine if goalie sprinted out before taker kicked the ball, and then tackle the taker before he took the kick... 😂

guess the decision makers also have a tough time deciding...

ya now with var, its even enforce more strictly. 

also on other player running into the box before the kick is taken. 

got 1 case need retake cos of that . 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Atrecord said:

Spurs has been doing very well before Pool's ascend up the table starting 2 seasons ago. It's a pity that they couldn't find the breakthrough and couldn't keep up with City's start of the dominance, and then Pool's. They are also very fortunate that somehow, most of the big stars stayed put and didn't jump ship. With Son and Kane scoring lots at the moment, if they can get Bale going, then they have a decent shot at the top. But their defence isn't fantastic (then again, which club's is... 🤣), so they are also not without weakness.

Chelsea v Spurs will be interesting. Pls don't tell me it's those 1.30 am or 3.30 am matches though... 😅

I tink 12.30am. Lol

• Haha! 2

Just now, Spurman said:

Monday morning lor. Bad timing. hehe...

Double shit... although WFH can have more lattitude to watch some matches that i would normally not have watched, but also cannot every week like this lah...

the bloody FA sure wan find those impt match put some timings... 🤦‍♂️

49 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

i watched the whole Spurs-City match, and felt that City really lacked the cutting edge their showed plenty of in the last few seasons. They always had this look that they will score soon, in most if not all matches - such was their potent attack. The whole team knew exactly where (which pocket of space) to run into, in anticipation of 2 passes ahead, so that they can evade markers, and while most other teams (like Pool) tend to play safe and look for free players to pass the ball to, City players thrived at close control and short passes-and-runs, before they find openings to shoot. Honestly, i felt their attack was the most potent in the league, even ahead of Pool.

But against Spurs, something was lacking and City didn't look like scoring. If this problem is not addressed, Pep will have a hard time continuing to dominate teams in EPL (the way they have been doing couple of seasons ago).

Man U needs time to get back to their best, cannot be impatient. Pool took 30 yr. Must not lose faith. Gunners was doing ok, but the last few games seem to have regressed significantly...

Man Citeh attack less potent liao. Perhaps due to their so called outdated "tika tika". Possession football was the hot thing yrs back, served them real well then.

Spurs under poch from 2015 to 2018 also got loads of ball possession but many a times lack the clinical finishing or final killer ball.

Admitting, its quite frustrating to see spurs play with so much less ball possession. Counter-attack is also a bit risky sometimes and if their defence is shit, like when Davidson Sanchez plays, its real bad sia. Lucky now the colombian dropped. Surprise Dier now is no1 choice at CB and did quite well lately.

Good news is Son and Kane really combined damn well. Kane machiam like Zidane lately, creator.

Honestly first time I see spurs play man citeh and at 2 nil liao, I gotta a calm feeling that Man citeh might not even score if the games extend by 90mins....

• Haha! 2

7 minutes ago, Spurman said:

Man Citeh attack less potent liao. Perhaps due to their so called outdated "tika tika". Possession football was the hot thing yrs back, served them real well then.

Spurs under poch from 2015 to 2018 also got loads of ball possession but many a times lack the clinical finishing or final killer ball.

Admitting, its quite frustrating to see spurs play with so much less ball possession. Counter-attack is also a bit risky sometimes and if their defence is shit, like when Davidson Sanchez plays, its real bad sia. Lucky now the colombian dropped. Surprise Dier now is no1 choice at CB and did quite well lately.

Good news is Son and Kane really combined damn well. Kane machiam like Zidane lately, creator.

Honestly first time I see spurs play man citeh and at 2 nil liao, I gotta a calm feeling that Man citeh might not even score if the games extend by 90mins....

ya man c problem is not just last game, its this whole season.

compare to last season this point they score about 50% less goal.

i think most epl manager more or less had man c tatics figure out.

all of them are pro. they might not beat u , but they will find the best way to counter u . frustrate u etc etc , trying to scrape for 1 point from the start.

i am curious how long pools can remain dominant.😁

• Haha! 2

On 11/23/2020 at 12:23 PM, Atrecord said:

Man U may take more than 30 years based on happenings in past 6 years

Need to break the spell where almost every good player becomes average or poor when they join Man U

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

10 hours ago, Newbie26 said:

Man U may take more than 30 years based on happenings in past 6 years

Need to break the spell where almost every good player becomes average or poor when they join Man U

ha ha... got so bad meh? so far fernandes is still doing well.

maybe the players are too much, so become too complacent. 

• Haha! 1

On 11/23/2020 at 1:15 PM, Atrecord said:

Double shit... although WFH can have more lattitude to watch some matches that i would normally not have watched, but also cannot every week like this lah...

the bloody FA sure wan find those impt match put some timings... 🤦‍♂️

Use this for zoom meetings.

:grin:

image.png.0a9a86ee95b600873c28f24954ecf9f7.png

• Haha! 2

Pool had 3 VAR decisions go against them in their match vs Brighton but Klopp claims the decisions are right. 2 dropped points meant if Spurs avoid defeat at Chelsea, they go back top. Otherwise a Chelsea win would mean the Blues go top tonite.

The trouble with VAR is that the reviews are done in slow motion which should not be the case as it was mentioned at the start of the season that reviews should be done at normal speed. Not sure why VAR is contradicting the rules they had set before.

• Praise 4

55 minutes ago, Spring said:

Pool had 3 VAR decisions go against them in their match vs Brighton but Klopp claims the decisions are right. 2 dropped points meant if Spurs avoid defeat at Chelsea, they go back top. Otherwise a Chelsea win would mean the Blues go top tonite.

The trouble with VAR is that the reviews are done in slow motion which should not be the case as it was mentioned at the start of the season that reviews should be done at normal speed. Not sure why VAR is contradicting the rules they had set before.

The key point about var is the judging must be consistent. 

If they gonna judge offside to the MM. Then every game for whole season must do the same.

Man c got  a similar  1 write off.

The 2nd penalty against  pools although  hash Is correctly  given. From var the welbeck foot kenna wack quite hard

Edited by Beregond