EPL- 2020/2021

Spring

6 hours ago, Spring said:

There are conflicting reports on this. Reports say Pool offered 10mil but Norwich wanted 20mil . It's quite natural for selling clubs to put high prices and for buying clubs to put low prices and normally they meet in the middle or thereabouts which was the case here with the final price at 13.5mil. I think Pool nvr counter offered n went to buy Tsimikas instead.

This leads me to wonder whether Lewis was actually Pool's first choice target? I don't believe Pool want to save few mil n miss out on their first choice LB if indeed Lewis was the first choice. Top 6 teams in particular will always been carrot targets and in fact EPL teams as well when selling clubs are from the continent.

The advantage of Lewis is that he has played EPL before so settling in is easier unlike Tsimikas, time will tell whether Pool made the right call on this.

If I was a club and Liverpool wanted to buy my player

I also price high high because Liverpool always do their research

and my player will be world class. So why should I let him go cheap cheap?

Look at Robbo 8 million and now second best left back in the world.

Only that Bayern player maybe better than him, better at attacking but don't know if as good defending.

Look at Salah bought for only 34 million and now Roma feel kenna cheated.

They see him now and say Pool should pay more!

:grin:

That's why I keep saying Newcastle got a bargain. 

• Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Spring said:

The top 6 not done with transfer in yet even though season is starting in few days. Amongst the rumours circulating for them are the following:

Thiago Alcantara to Pool, Thomas Partey to Arsenal, Jadon Sancho to Man United, Kalidou Koulibaly to Man City, Declan Rice to Chelsea. How many will come true I wonder?

Why would thiago alcantara go to pools. No reason to quit ucl champion. And go pools and might  not even ve first team

14 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Why would thiago alcantara go to pools. No reason to quit ucl champion. And go pools and might  not even ve first team

Read he wants a new challenge and with Pool likely to lose Gini W to Barca, he could be signed as a replacement. But last night I read, Thiago saying he might stay at BM as well so mixed signals or perhaps he is throwing a smoke bomb?

• Praise 5

6 minutes ago, Spring said:

Read he wants a new challenge and with Pool likely to lose Gini W to Barca, he could be signed as a replacement. But last night I read, Thiago saying he might stay at BM as well so mixed signals or perhaps he is throwing a smoke bomb?

saw the news abour koeman want gini, if i am gini i wont leave. pool will be challenging for epl title and ucl as long as the sq and the manager remain, what for go to barc now with so much uncertainly and rebuilding in the process.

worst koeman wanted him now, if next season koeman left, and xavi come in , how? he might be on the bench or loan out like coutinho. 

• Praise 2

8 minutes ago, Beregond said:

saw the news abour koeman want gini, if i am gini i wont leave. pool will be challenging for epl title and ucl as long as the sq and the manager remain, what for go to barc now with so much uncertainly and rebuilding in the process.

worst koeman wanted him now, if next season koeman left, and xavi come in , how? he might be on the bench or loan out like coutinho. 

U got a point esp on the possibility of Koeman leaving. Gini has dithered over signing a new contract at Pool which leads me to believe it's a $ issue but this my guess only.

• Praise 6

A Doucoure joins Everton from Watford for £20mil or so. Another raid on a relegated club. Bournemouth has lost quite a few players whilst Norwich n Watford lost abit too. 

BDAEF76C-395C-48E4-82BF-5D944314D4B7.jpeg

• Praise 5

Kevin de Bruyne wins the PFA Player of the Year award whilst Liverpool’s TAA wins the Young Player of the Year award. Both well deserved, congrats!

• Praise 5

3 hours ago, Beregond said:

my friend just jio watch epl this week.

All very on .5 ppl. Liao.

Then the host and wife how?

All faint lol🤣

Two TVs lor   :we-all-gonna-die:

5 per TV ... [sly] 

Law said not more then 5 per group ... :yeah-im-not-drunk:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 9/8/2020 at 5:05 PM, Spring said:

On 9/8/2020 at 5:14 PM, Beregond said:

that's even more weird...

why will Barca want Gini over Thiago? (Thiago might be even cheaper?)

and if why won't Thiago return to Barca if he's leaving? (he has Barca DNA after all)

so it should all part of rumours 🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

53 minutes ago, Scion said:

and if why won't Thiago return to Barca if he's leaving? (he has Barca DNA after all)

barc going for salah liao. report say salah is eager to move

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Beregond said:

barc going for salah liao. report say salah is eager to move

even weirder haha

Barca's defence and midfield are aging, slow and shitty... should reinforce those areas first

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Scion said:

Maybe Thiago wants a new challenge? Afterall, his namesake Thiago Silva has already moved to EPL.

• Praise 3

Good start to EPL last weekend with Pool beating Leeds 4-3 in a pulsating game whilst last evening, new look Everton beat Spurs 1-0. Read James R had a great game for the Toffees. Tonight 2 more games to finish off Round 1.

• Praise 5

Spurs is going to be a major disappointment this season.

The lack of proper investments gonna cost them dearly.

Mou is past it. His tactics are poor. The players he selected are also getting past their sale date.

Look at Everton, the 3 signings, Allan, Doucorne, James all can walk into Spurs team and put Moura, Winks, Ndombele, Sissoko and Holberg to shame.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Spring said:

Good start to EPL last weekend with Pool beating Leeds 4-3 in a pulsating game whilst last evening, new look Everton beat Spurs 1-0. Read James R had a great game for the Toffees. Tonight 2 more games to finish off Round 1.

Leeds play really well. that 2 pen is damn stupid. i want throw my cup when i say the 2nd pen tackle. he put out his leg, but barly tackle him, pools player fall. i know its gg. 

everton play really well. if spurs cannot step up 1 level. i think jm gonna get the sack, 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3