EPL- 2020/2021

Spring

14 minutes ago, Spring said:

Everton is 2 pts behind Pool with both having played 34 games so Pool is nearer to Leicester.

oh ya,

👍 pools also play 1 game less, they both 34 game, pools miss the man u 1,

the rest around them play 35. 

really hope pools will make it

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Beregond said:

oh ya,

👍 pools also play 1 game less, they both 34 game, pools miss the man u 1,

the rest around them play 35. 

really hope pools will make it

Man U is the kingmaker here. But I can't help feel Pool got the advantage here as they play United with the Red Devils playing their 3rd game in 6 days.

I don't understand why EPL couldn't bring forward the WBA v Pool game of 16/5 to midweek and then play United v Pool on 16/5. This would hv been the fairest outcome for all but I guess TV commitments meant this was not possible?

• Praise 7

6 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Why women can play in Super League but man cannot?

That's just sexism.

:D

image.thumb.png.bbb68f60f028201025afb18a68565868.png

i alway watch their highlight,

chelsea lady team are really strong loh. most teams kenna wack by them😂

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Why women can play in Super League but man cannot?

That's just sexism.

:D

Chelsea women are on the verge of a quadruple i read. They already won 2 trophies, are in UCL Final v Barca Women and also in running for Women's FA Cup. The benchmark in women's football is apparently Lyon who hv won the last 5 UCL in a row!

• Praise 6

Relegation battle over. Fulham 3rd team to be relegated after losing 0-2 to Burnley last night.

West Brom were relegated at the weekend and Sheff United went down few weeks back. 2 of the 3 promoted teams from last season going down with Leeds the exception.

Ironically, 2 of the 3 relegated teams of last season ie Watford n Norwich got promoted back with the 3rd relegated team Bournemouth in the playoffs. If Bournemouth prevails, I'm not sure if ever all 3 relegated teams got promoted back immediately. This actually shows that there are a group of yo-yo clubs ie too good for the Championship but not good enough for the EPL. I suppose budget is the main factor as it's a big jump between the 2 divisions.

• Praise 7

1 hour ago, Spring said:

Relegation battle over. Fulham 3rd team to be relegated after losing 0-2 to Burnley last night.

West Brom were relegated at the weekend and Sheff United went down few weeks back. 2 of the 3 promoted teams from last season going down with Leeds the exception.

Ironically, 2 of the 3 relegated teams of last season ie Watford n Norwich got promoted back with the 3rd relegated team Bournemouth in the playoffs. If Bournemouth prevails, I'm not sure if ever all 3 relegated teams got promoted back immediately. This actually shows that there are a group of yo-yo clubs ie too good for the Championship but not good enough for the EPL. I suppose budget is the main factor as it's a big jump between the 2 divisions.

anw just asking, did ben davis manage to make any appearance for fulham this season?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

anw just asking, did ben davis manage to make any appearance for fulham this season?

I just looked at the Fulham and FA Premier League websites, his name is not even in the 1st team squad lists so I think he didn't play in the 1st team at all this season. He is listed in the Fulham u-21 squad list though and played 8 times in the Premier league 2 (the EPL for the u-21). Goes to show that getting into the club is one hurdle but getting into the first team is another even bigger hurdle!

Personally, I still feel Singapore shld hv deferred his NS for him to try n see where this leads him to. Can always do NS later. I know there are alot of opponents to my suggestion. Me pro-sports excellence so my thinking is sports bias. Of course not every budding sportsman shld be granted deferment, only those that hv potential to excel which can be decided by a neutral sports experts committee.

• Praise 6

2 hours ago, Spring said:

I just looked at the Fulham and FA Premier League websites, his name is not even in the 1st team squad lists so I think he didn't play in the 1st team at all this season. He is listed in the Fulham u-21 squad list though and played 8 times in the Premier league 2 (the EPL for the u-21). Goes to show that getting into the club is one hurdle but getting into the first team is another even bigger hurdle!

Personally, I still feel Singapore shld hv deferred his NS for him to try n see where this leads him to. Can always do NS later. I know there are alot of opponents to my suggestion. Me pro-sports excellence so my thinking is sports bias. Of course not every budding sportsman shld be granted deferment, only those that hv potential to excel which can be decided by a neutral sports experts committee.

anw this is big sam first relegation , i hope he will stay to bring bring the club back up.

man u put a strong team vs A.V .on sunday. today they play again vs  lei.

i highly suspect they will field a weak team, anw they confirm top 4. despite man c haven win the title,  i dun believe they themself believe they can catch man c,

letting lei win today will kill off pools chance, they might jump at it. 🤣

• Praise 1

29 minutes ago, Beregond said:

anw this is big sam first relegation , i hope he will stay to bring bring the club back up.

man u put a strong team vs A.V .on sunday. today they play again vs  lei.

i highly suspect they will field a weak team, anw they confirm top 4. despite man c haven win the title,  i dun believe they themself believe they can catch man c,

letting lei win today will kill off pools chance, they might jump at it. 🤣

U got a point on Man U fielding weaker team v Leicester tonite and a stronger one v Pool on Thursday.

Besides the rivalry between the 2 Reds, it makes sense to rest the players that played on Sunday as 48hrs is really too short for recovery at EPL level of intensity. Initially,  I felt Pool had the advantage as they are the 3rd match in 5 days for United but I think it will be the inverse like what u mentioned. Of course, United will still be professional and try to win both games, if anything just to narrow the gap between City and themselves.

As for big Sam, I'm not sure if he wants to stay at West Brom. Former Sheff Utd boss Chris Wilder has been mentioned as a possible replacement and it makes sense as he has a good track record of bringing teams up the Divisions. 

Eddie Howe also a good choice but I suspect Howe will go to Palace to replace Roy Hodgson.

• Praise 5

So City finally crowned as Champs! Congrats and well deserved, the most consistent team won it and as they say the table doesn't lie.

I have some sympathies for Ole and Man United as the fans of the teams chasing a top 4 spot are up in arms over their fielding a 2nd team n thus giving Leicester an easy win n now stretching the gap between the top 4 and the chasing pack to 6 pts and could be even bigger if Chelsea avoid defeat tonite.

United made 10 changes from the team that started the Villa game on Sunday (only Greenwood remained). Don't think they had much of a choice given the way the fixtures were re-arranged. Of course conspiracy theorists esp Pool fans will say this was done to deprive Pool of a top 4 spot which personally I don't buy into. Don't think any professional will throw a game intentionally just to deprive their bitter rivals of a top 4 spot.

Anyway there are still 2-3 rounds of games to go though it looks more and more likely the current top 4 hv sealed it but stranger things hv happened in the game and anyway Leicester's last 2 games are against Chelsea n Spurs and Chelsea also not easy as they hv Arsenal n Villa besides the Leicester game.

• Praise 4

Just now, Spring said:

So City finally crowned as Champs! Congrats and well deserved, the most consistent team won it and as they say the table doesn't lie.

I have some sympathies for Ole and Man United as the fans of the teams chasing a top 4 spot are up in arms over their fielding a 2nd team n thus giving Leicester an easy win n now stretching the gap between the top 4 and the chasing pack to 6 pts and could be even bigger if Chelsea avoid defeat tonite.

United made 10 changes from the team that started the Villa game on Sunday (only Greenwood remained). Don't think they had much of a choice given the way the fixtures were re-arranged. Of course conspiracy theorists esp Pool fans will say this was done to deprive Pool of a top 4 spot which personally I don't buy into. Don't think any professional will throw a game intentionally just to deprive their bitter rivals a top 4 spot.

Anyway there are still 2-3 rounds of games to go though it looks more and more likely the current top 4 hv sealed it but stanger things hv happened in the game and anyway Leicester's last 2 games are against Chelsea n Spurs and Chelsea also not easy as they hv Arsenal n Villa besides the Leicester game.

cannot blame man u for making 10 changes, although i hope they at least draw with lei..........

they need to play pools again tomorrow night......

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Beregond said:

cannot blame man u for making 10 changes, although i hope they at least draw with lei..........

they need to play pools again tomorrow night......

Chelsea, Pool, West Ham, Everton n Spurs all hoping for Leicester to drop points but not to be. Brendan Rogers has a reputation of being a nearly man from his Pool days to last season's collapse by Leicester. He will want to shed this image by getting in the top 4 and also in the Cup Final this Saturday.

I read an article that the neutral fans esp those from outside the big 6 are rooting for Leicester to get into the top 4 and show the big 6 that qualifying for European competitions shld be on merit and not a closed door event. The Foxes qualifying for UCL will be a huge blow to whichever big 6 clubs not making it.

• Praise 7

I am rooting for Leicester to be one of the top 4 as well. They had been in the top 4 the whole season and fully deserved to be one.

The game against Man U this morning wasn't as easy, I watched 2nd half and the youngsters from Man U are actually giving LEI problems. I am glad though LEI got the full 3 points and City won the league 😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

48 minutes ago, Spring said:

Chelsea, Pool, West Ham, Everton n Spurs all hoping for Leicester to drop points but not to be. Brendan Rogers has a reputation of being a nearly man from his Pool days to last season's collapse by Leicester. He will want to shed this image by getting in the top 4 and also in the

ya loh.... i also hoping man u beat lei.

ultimately chelsea still need to do the job themself. tomorrow is public holiday, can set alarm wake up, damn shiok😁

• Haha! 1

34 minutes ago, Beregond said:

ya loh.... i also hoping man u beat lei.

ultimately chelsea still need to do the job themself. tomorrow is public holiday, can set alarm wake up, damn shiok😁

If Leicester and Chelsea finish in the top 4, 5th and 6th places will go into UEL and 7th will get into the newly created UEFA Conference League which is effectively the 3rd tier UEFA competition.

It will be a big humiliation if 1 of the big 6 get into Conference League and there's also a strong chance that 1 or 2 of the big 6 may not even get into Europe at all. I'm not sure if it's a bigger humiliation to not get into Europe or to get into Conference League? 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

Supercharged
41 minutes ago, Spring said:

If Leicester and Chelsea finish in the top 4, 5th and 6th places will go into UEL and 7th will get into the newly created UEFA Conference League which is effectively the 3rd tier UEFA competition.

It will be a big humiliation if 1 of the big 6 get into Conference League and there's also a strong chance that 1 or 2 of the big 6 may not even get into Europe at all. I'm not sure if it's a bigger humiliation to not get into Europe or to get into Conference League? 

Spurs will be the one being humilated.

Obi good also.

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 2