EPL- 2020/2021

Spring

1 hour ago, Spring said:

Lots of reports from Sky Sports and other websites on Harry Kane asking to leave Spurs in the summer. Spurs have come out with an ambiguous statement that they are focused on finishing the season and nothing else. Think there is something brewing but which club can Kane go to as Levy will want to big price for him.

I don't think Man United will buy as they seem focused on getting Sancho n also with Cavani signing on for another year and Greenwood being touted to be the long term main striker.

Man City may possibly bid for him and they would be frighteningly strong with him leading the line but then again Pep has been playing with false 9 for alot of games this season n hv been successful with this system. Chelsea may also want Kane but bitter rivalry between the 2 London rivals seem to rule this out. I also think Kane wants to stay in EPL n try for Shearer's all time EPL scoring record. Interesting times ahead........

Likely united.

I last read sancho and haaland both staying put. 

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

Likely united.

I feel Dortmund will sell one of them, likely Sancho and United wants a wide right player who can score goals so he's a good fit n is their priority signing this coming summer window.

They already signed up Cavani with Greenwood and Martial as back ups but then again United being the highest value club in EPL can afford to buy Kane but sometimes having too many good players can be an issue as well.

• Praise 4

2 hours ago, Kopites said:

Likely united.

Other reports said Spurs staff suggested a swap of Gabriel Jesus of City or Martial of United with Kane. Apparently the staff had already worked on scenario when the club carry on without Kane. A swap deal may be easier to execute for reduced cash in this pandemic era. Apparently Kane indicated his preference is City, may be it's the Pep effect.

• Praise 2

43 minutes ago, Rm2s said:

Other reports said Spurs staff suggested a swap of Gabriel Jesus of City or Martial of United with Kane. Apparently the staff had already worked on scenario when the club carry on without Kane. A swap deal may be easier to execute for reduced cash in this pandemic era. Apparently Kane indicated his preference is City, may be it's the Pep effect.

Swap deals definitely more palatable to both buying and selling club. Spurs would want a competent replacement so Martial n Jesus is definitely in that category. I would also throw in Tammy Abraham of Chelsea although the 2 u mentioned more likely.

Kane wants silverware n the team with the best chance of silverware is undoubtedly City so can't argue with his preference.

• Praise 4

Chelsea beat Leicester 2-1 n now go 1 point clear of Leicester and into 3rd place. Pool play away to Burnley tonite and will go level with Leicester and ahead on goal diff if they win.

All to play for and this will go right down to the last game. Chelsea deserve to win as they were much the better side. They had 2 goals rightfully disallowed and also had a clear penalty denied but made things difficult for themselves by losing the ball in their own half to allow the Foxes to pull 1 back when 2 goals up.

Pressure is now back on Pool. For Leicester, not sure if it would end in tears again as per last year when they were pipped to 5th right at the end.

• Praise 5

This Chelsea v Leicester 2 matches came out 1win a piece. Old school thinking will value the FA Cup over the League win and possible qualification for UCL. But the $ involved in UCL qualification means its financially better than silverware which I can't get my head round it cos I'm old school so hv always value silverware over League position. That said, I admit that the modern game values UCL and its riches over domestic Cups.

By the way, that hop n skip penalty by Jorginho last night is really irritating. Bruno Fernandes also uses this method albeit he varies his kicks.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

24 minutes ago, Spring said:

Chelsea beat Leicester 2-1 n now go 1 point clear of Leicester and into 3rd place. Pool play away to Burnley tonite and will go level with Leicester and ahead on goal diff if they win.

All to play for and this will go right down to the last game. Chelsea deserve to win as they were much the better side. They had 2 goals rightfully disallowed and also had a clear penalty denied but made things difficult for themselves by losing the ball in their own half to allow the Foxes to pull 1 back when 2 goals up.

Pressure is now back on Pool. For Leicester, not sure if it would end in tears again as per last year when they were pipped to 5th right at the end.

i not gonna click this link till we beat lei this morning, lmao

ok now i need diam diam cross my finger, we need to beat AV 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Beregond said:

i not gonna click this link till we beat lei this morning, lmao

ok now i need diam diam cross my finger, we need to beat AV 

Wha u superstitious ah😄 Pantang haha

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Spring said:

Wha u superstitious ah😄 Pantang haha

I suspect he wears blue underwear on certain game days...😁

• Haha! 3

Forgot to mention Man U confirm 2nd place with their 1-1 draw with Fulham plus Leicester's defeat.

• Praise 5

On the managerial front, Roy Hodgson will step down as Palace boss after Sunday's last round of fixtures. Earlier speculation was on Eddie Howe taking over but seems like Howe will be the new Celtic boss and Frank Lampard is now the favourite to take over. 

• Praise 4

Turbocharged
On 5/18/2021 at 3:47 PM, Rm2s said:

is Kane's contract running out?

'cos no way those two (good players at most) are of equal worth as Kane. Man City or United will have to offer a significant amount of cash as well.

• Praise 1

27 minutes ago, Scion said:

is Kane's contract running out?

'cos no way those two (good players at most) are of equal worth as Kane. Man City or United will have to offer a significant amount of cash as well.

His contract still has 3 years to run. A swap deal means either of the Manchester clubs will trade one of their players to Spurs and pay less money for Kane. Not 1-to-1 exchange.

• Praise 1

20 hours ago, Spring said:

On the managerial front, Roy Hodgson will step down as Palace boss after Sunday's last round of fixtures. Earlier speculation was on Eddie Howe taking over but seems like Howe will be the new Celtic boss and Frank Lampard is now the favourite to take over. 

Big Sam also call it quit 

• Praise 1

Pool beat Burnley 3-0 to move into 4th place above Leicester on goal difference. 

So the situation is now simplified:

1) 2 from Leicester, Pool and Chelsea will join the 2 Mancs as EPL's 4 reps for UCL.

2) The loser from above will join either West Ham or Spurs to be EPL's 2 reps for UEL. Hammers just need a point to ensure 6th place

3) The loser from above plus either Everton or Arsenal (only 1 rep )will go into UEFA Conference League for next season.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

fun predictions for last round EPL:

Chelsea win 1-0

Liverpool win 1-0

Leicester win 5-0

😂

18 minutes ago, Scion said:

fun predictions for last round EPL:

Chelsea win 1-0

Liverpool win 1-0

Leicester win 5-0

😂

The Pool fans will hope your prediction doesn't come true as they will be 5th on less goals scored.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Spring said:

The Pool fans will hope your prediction doesn't come true as they will be 5th on less goals scored.

oops sorry, playing Vardy as my triple captain in fantasy Premier League

hope he can score as many as he can... last chance liao 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1