EPL- 2020/2021

Spring

2 hours ago, Spurman said:

Spurs is going to be a major disappointment this season.

The lack of proper investments gonna cost them dearly.

Mou is past it. His tactics are poor. The players he selected are also getting past their sale date.

Look at Everton, the 3 signings, Allan, Doucorne, James all can walk into Spurs team and put Moura, Winks, Ndombele, Sissoko and Holberg to shame.

When JM first came to Spurs, he said he would not change Poch ways too much but only improve ie tweak abit since it was largely successful. But JM DNA has always been playing pragmatically which is contrary to Poch/Spurs way of playing. Now with an empty stadium, which means no pressure from the home fans; he has resorted back to the way he knows best. Playing tight at the back and counter attacking, this won't suit guys like Kane, Son, Alli, Moura etc

Sorry to say this but I fear for Spurs. The overly congested first month of fixtures will not help matters (Carabao Cup and UEL qualifying rounds clash). Appointing JM brings it's inherent problems but Levy decided to take a risk due to his impeccable trophy record so I can partly understand. Let's see.........

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

3 hours ago, Spring said:

When JM first came to Spurs, he said he would not change Poch ways too much but only improve ie tweak abit since it was largely successful. But JM DNA has always been playing pragmatically which is contrary to Poch/Spurs way of playing. Now with an empty stadium, which means no pressure from the home fans; he has resorted back to the way he knows best. Playing tight at the back and counter attacking, this won't suit guys like Kane, Son, Alli, Moura etc

i hope spurs is really like jm say , they lack match fitness.

i watch yesterday game spurs lack the pressing the intensity during posh times. yet they lack the tightness and discipline of a typical JM def style also. its like 1/2 wanted to press 1/2 dun want press. while their new rb is very good at attacking ( almost score 1 goal ) his poor def give everton left wing a few chances which Richarlison all miss.

i got a feeling James Rodriguez and willian will be buy of the season....

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, Cauldron said:

Brighton's Lamptey looks very good in the defeat to Chelsea. 

Ex Chelsea youth, played like a young Shaun Wright Phillips

he is better then reese james, till james come out with that goal.

the score line flatten chelsea, brighton outplay  for the whole first 1/2. they created 0 chance,other then that pen and a tight angle shot werner created himself. this guy is good damn sharp and fast .

i see nothing from havertz at all. in fact start of 2nd 1/2 is still out play , out pressure, they improve last 30 min when rrc is sub out. or maybe brighton start to tired

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

he is better then reese james, till james come out with that goal.

the score line flatten chelsea, brighton outplay  for the whole first 1/2. they created 0 chance,other then that pen and a tight angle shot werner created himself. this guy is good damn sharp and fast .

i see nothing from havertz at all. in fact start of 2nd 1/2 is still out play , out pressure, they improve last 30 min when rrc is sub out. or maybe brighton start to tired

Think Chelsea will need more time to gel as a team. Tentative start by them but still too strong for Brighton. Loftus Cheek was really off the pace and maybe he is better off on loan elsewhere as he won't get many starts with Chelsea having so many MF options. Havertz was anonymous but Werner although he didn't score was always dangerous, pacey and full of running.

• Praise 7

4 hours ago, Cauldron said:

Brighton's Lamptey looks very good in the defeat to Chelsea. 

Ex Chelsea youth, played like a young Shaun Wright Phillips

Yes very direct player playing with full of confidence. He made the right call to join Brighton as he wouldn't have much playing time at Chelsea. Can always move to bigger teams later on. 

• Praise 4

10 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Anyone else think Jose will be sacked by Spurs?

:grin:

He may survive as sacking him would cost the stingy Levy a bomb so I expect him to stay bar a dressing room revolt but a revolt is possible as well cos some of the Spurs players not happy with his style of play.

• Praise 5

9 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Funny, why got 4 teams haven play their first game yet?

Spacing out games because of TV as no one can go to games. 

:D

• Haha! 2

On 9/15/2020 at 10:57 AM, Spring said:

He may survive as sacking him would cost the stingy Levy a bomb so I expect him to stay bar a dressing room revolt but a revolt is possible as well cos some of the Spurs players not happy with his style of play.

Leeds playing like the old Spurs and Spurs playing like the old Leeds. 

They should swap managers.

• Haha! 3

21 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Funny, why got 4 teams haven play their first game yet??

Man U and Man C were given exemption to start the season one week later cos they finished last season late (both involved in later stages of UEL n UCL). Seems there is a rule that each team shld get a minimum of one month rest between seasons. Their opening games are thus considered postponed till later date. So season just started and already got backlog of fixtures which likely to be only played in December at the earliest and that provided the teams involves exit from Carabao Cup before the Q/F stages I think.

• Praise 4

23 hours ago, Beregond said:

curse them if they put chelsea game 3 am again. 😑

I have 20 days of leave to clear because I never take my MIL holiday so I will be using for every 3am Liverpool games. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3