EPL- 2020/2021

Spring

27 minutes ago, Beregond said:

CP is a season epl team already , dun know why they make this risky move.

hope they dun regret it....

I agree they shld hv gone for a more EPL experienced Mgr though I’m not saying Vieira is inexperienced cos he has 2yrs coaching experience each at NY City n Nice but he is not EPL experienced. A few experienced EPL Mgrs were available but we nvr know what goes on in negotiations.The Mgrs could hv turned Palace down so not simple as to say so n so shld hv been appointed.

Personally, I would hv chosen Eddie Howe.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

9 minutes ago, Spring said:

I agree they shld hv gone for a more EPL experienced Mgr though I’m not saying Vieira is inexperienced cos he has 2yrs coaching experience each at NY City n Nice but he is not EPL experienced. A few experienced EPL Mgrs were available but we nvr know what goes on in negotiations.The Mgrs could hv turned Palace down so not simple as to say so n so shld hv been appointed.

Personally, I would hv chosen Eddie Howe.

not only the manager is risky.

they got 10 senior player out of contract like townsend.. they going to promote their youth to senior team and let a manager with new manager manage them in epl?

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Beregond said:

not only the manager is risky.

they got 10 senior player out of contract like townsend.. they going to promote their youth to senior team and let a manager with new manager manage them in epl?

Good point! Inexperienced Mgr with Inexperienced players seems like a receipe for relegation! Howe has a good track record of playing good football, working within tight constraints n promoting youth. Almost an ideal candidate. I’m sure Palace knows him better than me so perhaps he didn't want the job or his demands couldn’t be matched.

• Praise 4

A lot of players coming to the final year of their contracts mean clubs get jittery if they don’t sign an extension. These days, players hv the power n hence u see obscene wages being paid n clubs go into debt due to this. A case of supply less than demands means the best players call the shots.

Messi, Ramos are out of contract so they are available for free but in Messi’s case bar PSG, I think no club can pay the wages he is on and anyway he wont leave Barca I’m quite sure. Ramos is rumoured to join PSG on a 2 yr contract.

Mbappe in the final year of his contract n showing no signs of wanting to renew. Lots of rumours that the big clubs will want to pounce next season when n if he becomes free. His wages are also very high n unless the clubs can be financially constructive in paying him ie pay him via another way to avoid breaking their wage table, I don’t see how any club can afford him. In the old days, Barca n Real would hv been an alternative but not now in the pandemic era.

• Praise 3

Aston Villa seems to be all out to improve their squad as lots of rumours of them going after Emile Smith Rowe of Arsenal. Read that they had 2 bids rejected with the latest at more than 30mil.

Arsenal in real dilemma cos its a good price for a youngster but he has shown real potential. If they sell him, the Gunners fans would be up in arms as they are already at odds with the Kroenke family ownership. However, 30 mil+ would go a long way towards strengthening their squad in other weaker areas. Personally, I don’t think the Gunners would sanction his sale but they could hv told Villa not for sale at any price so that they don’t come back anymore. Potential buying clubs coming back with further higher bids normally means the potential selling club has not closed the door on a sale so worrying times indeed for Gunners fans.

• Praise 3

27 minutes ago, Spring said:

A lot of players coming to the final year of their contracts mean clubs get jittery if they don’t sign an extension. These days, players hv the power n hence u see obscene wages being paid n clubs go into debt due to this. A case of supply less than demands means the best players call the shots.

Messi, Ramos are out of contract so they are available for free but in Messi’s case bar PSG, I think no club can pay the wages he is on and anyway he wont leave Barca I’m quite sure. Ramos is rumoured to join PSG on a 2 yr contract.

Mbappe in the final year of his contract n showing no signs of wanting to renew. Lots of rumours that the big clubs will want to pounce next season when n if he becomes free. His wages are also very high n unless the clubs can be financially constructive in paying him ie pay him via another way to avoid breaking their wage table, I don’t see how any club can afford him. In the old days, Barca n Real would hv been an alternative but not now in the pandemic era.

even with a reduce wages messi make 100 over million in wages at barc . he is not consider a barc player as of this moment , 

but consider his good form at copa now, i think he not gonna accept anything lesser🤣

• Praise 3

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2021 at 9:44 AM, Spring said:

Good point! Inexperienced Mgr with Inexperienced players seems like a receipe for relegation! Howe has a good track record of playing good football, working within tight constraints n promoting youth. Almost an ideal candidate. I’m sure Palace knows him better than me so perhaps he didn't want the job or his demands couldn’t be matched.

Inexperience Mangr + inexperience team = Regulated

:XD: 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

nowsaday wages also pay in installment😂

barc digging a deeper hole for themself??

cannot sign 2-3 years contract in full. pay installment in 5 years instead??

Lionel Messi has reached a verbal agreement on a five-year contract extension at Barcelona, with his salary to be reduced by 50 per cent under terms of the new deal.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11833/12355747/lionel-messi-barcelona-forward-agrees-contract-extension-with-50-per-cent-pay-cut

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Beregond said:

nowsaday wages also pay in installment😂

barc digging a deeper hole for themself??

cannot sign 2-3 years contract in full. pay installment in 5 years instead??

Lionel Messi has reached a verbal agreement on a five-year contract extension at Barcelona, with his salary to be reduced by 50 per cent under terms of the new deal.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11833/12355747/lionel-messi-barcelona-forward-agrees-contract-extension-with-50-per-cent-pay-cut

Free agent leow no contract still stay at barc. They should cut more than 50% lah, he still will lan lan stay one. :D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

15 minutes ago, Yeshe said:

Free agent leow no contract still stay at barc. They should cut more than 50% lah, he still will lan lan stay one. :D

the 50 % cut is like no cut. u see he is 34, going 35 soon, the 5 years deal mean he will stay at barc till almost 40. will he still be first team player when he 37,38 . no he could be taking other roles, or even going to msl as the report mention, but barc will still be paying him the wages.

basically he is like sign on a 2 -3 years deal in full, but the wages spread over a 5 years payment. 

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

Turbocharged
5 minutes ago, Beregond said:

the 50 % cut is like no cut. u see he is 34, going 35 soon, the 5 years deal mean he will stay at barc till almost 40. will he still be first team player when he 37,38 . no he could be taking other roles, or even going to msl as the report mention, but barc will still be paying him the wages.

basically he is like sign on a 2 -3 years deal in full, but the wages spread over a 5 years payment. 

Then barc kam lan lor :D

• Haha! 3